Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Old Saints game channel

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by UhAhGeorgie Mann View Post
    Weird how certain things stick in your head. Couldn't remember any of the tries but I remember Jammer nearly snapping Richard Horne in half after 15 mins. Should have been out of sight in that game, amazing how many little things didn't go our way. Thankfully didn't cost us
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Despite being at that match I couldn’t have told you the score line or a single thing that happened, except for that tackle! Horne was lucky to stand up from it with all his ribs intact.
    That was the third on the trot, as fans we were becoming complacent. You are right about certain things sticking in memory, I did not think we were ever behind nor the result being close. I remember thinking that was the last time we would see Scully in a Saints shirt and SBW had big boots to fill also remember being surprised Leon was not quick enough to get back to Yeaman.

Banned

Warrington getting a hiding coming up. Nice and timely after their performance yesterday, moreso after their shitbag twitter account gave it loads last year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Warrington getting a hiding coming up. Nice and timely after their performance yesterday, moreso after their shitbag twitter account gave it loads last year.
    https://youtu.be/RcNMFjXGQrg

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Saints v Warrington to win the title in 1996 would be my choice.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Saints v Warrington to win the title in 1996 would be my choice.
    80-0 would be nice to see again.

Banned

Ive got PTSF 1985 vs Wigan to do for Greg Peters then up will go Wire game...

Ive got PTSF 1985 vs Wigan to do for Greg Peters then up will go Wire game...
    I can keep the requests coming if you want. :-)

I can't find Saints 41 Wigan 6 on line.

Other classics that seem to be missing in highlights version

Saints 50 Salford 20 - (at Wigan) 1997
    Saints 42 Leeds 16 (at Wigan) - 2002
    Saints 32 Wigan 16 (at Cardiff) - 2004
    Saints 26 Leeds 16 (at Huddersfield) - 2008
    Saints 40 Castleford 30 - 2010

Every game from 2011 onwards is on in short highlights form if you look for them. I've built You Tube Season Reviews for all of them, although the 2011 is painful due to some stupid music the RFL TV channel used for games.
    Last edited by DD; 5th October 2020 at 21:25.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Got A Replica Shirt

First time on here please be gentle trying to find saints v australia 1986 nov 2nd game to watch cant find it anywhere if anyone can help very thankful

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JPA1975 View Post
    First time on here please be gentle trying to find saints v australia 1986 nov 2nd game to watch cant find it anywhere if anyone can help very thankful
    Was that the one where Arky hit Wally Lewis with a combination of forearm, elbow, shoulder, knee and head about 5 seconds after he'd passed the ball?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Was that the one where Arky hit Wally Lewis with a combination of forearm, elbow, shoulder, knee and head about 5 seconds after he'd passed the ball?

5 secs? That was fast for Arky.

Got A Replica Shirt

Default absolutly

yes it was in the tunnel as a 11 year old mascot with mr.murphy telling me to close my ears !!!

Banned

Every game from 2011 onwards is on in short highlights form if you look for them. I've built You Tube Season Reviews for all of them, although the 2011 is painful due to some stupid music the RFL TV channel used for games.
    Hi mate, thanks for this.
    My old LG external drive has started struggling to read anything with the barest of scratches and its been a ball ache. The good news is a delivery is on its way today; I never thought ordering a run of the mill external drive would need such reading around. Basically for a budget writer you either have two options - 1.) Gamble on Chinese products that promise 'usb 3.0' but have sketchy reviews or 2.) order from the limited selection of more recognisable brands (I've gone with Asus SDRW-08D2S-U Lite) but most still stuck on USB 2.0.

Anyway I've got the lions share of those. I'll start with the Cas game, it was a memorable one and I'll get my highlights package up. I try to avoid focussing on Wigan as its a bit cliched to just go about putting them on all the time. I have the 41-6 game and its the Micro copy, I recall my Dad recorded over the VHS by mistake when I was a kid.

Generally my vids are between 12-20 mins which includes team line ups. I hope this is in line with what people want as I try to show some of the good play in the footage. Generally I'll edit out opposition tries as it lengthens the editing process, lengthens the video and takes ages to upload. Again interested in what people think....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JPA1975 View Post
    I have the whole DV; someone has put highlights up - try user name of NZ RugbyLeagueVids

Got A Replica Shirt

Many thanks will try that 😊

Hi mate, thanks for this.
    My old LG external drive has started struggling to read anything with the barest of scratches and its been a ball ache. The good news is a delivery is on its way today; I never thought ordering a run of the mill external drive would need such reading around. Basically for a budget writer you either have two options - 1.) Gamble on Chinese products that promise 'usb 3.0' but have sketchy reviews or 2.) order from the limited selection of more recognisable brands (I've gone with Asus SDRW-08D2S-U Lite) but most still stuck on USB 2.0.

Anyway I've got the lions share of those. I'll start with the Cas game, it was a memorable one and I'll get my highlights package up. I try to avoid focussing on Wigan as its a bit cliched to just go about putting them on all the time. I have the 41-6 game and its the Micro copy, I recall my Dad recorded over the VHS by mistake when I was a kid.

Generally my vids are between 12-20 mins which includes team line ups. I hope this is in line with what people want as I try to show some of the good play in the footage. Generally I'll edit out opposition tries as it lengthens the editing process, lengthens the video and takes ages to upload. Again interested in what people think....
    Yes pal. That's exactly what I'd like to see, although I do like to see the opposition tries as they were a fundamental part of the games. I can't be bothered with whole games. I've saved about 100 highlights of classic Saints games from You Tube to my playlist but those along with the Wire 80-0 and title decider are the only classics that are missing. DPID did put the 41-6 on but Sky seem to have removed it due to a copyright infringement. The 10-4 Premiership Final win over Wigan would be another and the 1997 Challenge Cup Final. The Wide to West try is on too, but no highlights of the match.

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Definately. Going back to my last post on this thread about random things sticking in my memory. Again I dont think I can remember a single try although I've got a vague memory of Foggy getting one? I can also remember what would have been Warringtons only try and just as he was about to put the ball down (might have been lard arse Penny?) Sullivan came from nowhere and skittled the ball out of his hands.

Definately. Going back to my last post on this thread about random things sticking in my memory. Again I dont think I can remember a single try although I've got a vague memory of Foggy getting one? I can also remember what would have been Warringtons only try and just as he was about to put the ball down (might have been lard arse Penny?) Sullivan came from nowhere and skittled the ball out of his hands.
    I think that last bit was in the title winning game in ‘96 rather than the 80-0 game. I think it might have been Richard Henare who Sully nicked the ball from.

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think that last bit was in the title winning game in ‘96 rather than the 80-0 game. I think it might have been Richard Henare who Sully nicked the ball from.
    Ah right yes I think its that game I was thinking of altogether actually. My memory of old games is terrible! Wasn't far off being another 80 pointer though was it

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Wasn't the Bishop try immediately from the restart after we'd scored (again) in the 80 - 0 game?
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Learning All The Songs

If you could put up any highlights of Mal M I would be a happy bunny. The thread about him has made me nostalgic!

Starting A Programme Collection

Really enjoying the channel thank you very much for putting the games on and to anyone else who does so

I watched two crackers last night , the game vs wigan first year of super league and the game vs wigan where we are 16 nil down and martyn gets the winning try after the ball is stripped and he touches it down

top stuff

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Wasn't the Bishop try immediately from the restart after we'd scored (again) in the 80 - 0 game?
    I think Bishop had left by then.

Banned

You asked and you got:

https://youtu.be/G96s5Pb25JM

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Highlights of that game coming up soon as finished the editing this morning - one of the longer clips so will take a while to get on YT. Be on tomorrow AM latest.

Banned

Funnily enough, I don't remember a great deal myself. I'm sure Ian Pickervance played a blinder (not difficult lol) and going with a few mates from school and me ended up in bother for gobbing off at the Warrington fans when our PE teacher supported them, it didn't help my cause either when we panned them the week after. I think the Penny thing was in the 96 when we beat them to win the first SL.