Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Ashworth

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Default Ashworth

What has happened to this lad? he is huge, been at the club a long time and he has gone backwards dramatically, has he signed for Cas? is it his attitude?

Banned

Heavily linked with cass and huddersfield. Clearly him and woolf dont get along

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Is he a prop? Is he a 2nd row? No-one knows. Hasn’t shown the ability to be decent at any position as of yet.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    What has happened to this lad? he is huge, been at the club a long time and he has gone backwards dramatically, has he signed for Cas? is it his attitude?
    Last seen playing hide & seek in the car park with Paulo over 3 weeks ago.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Is he a prop? Is he a 2nd row? No-one knows. Hasn’t shown the ability to be decent at any position as of yet.
    Exactly. Was initially the most overrated player since Wheeler, had one good game at the mighty Wakefield and suddenly was the next James Graham. Has shown massive potential for Houdini like vanishing acts though; brilliant in this regard against Warrington. He’s very moderate and no loss whatsoever when he leaves. Honest toilers like Hargreaves, Clough and Stankevitch were at least a class ahead of Ashworth and I suspect he ll drop down a league in due course.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

People have mentioned something on social media a while back maybe hes just not hungry enough. He walked along sidelines with Lee's and he is so much bigger.

Banned

People have mentioned something on social media a while back maybe hes just not hungry enough. He walked along sidelines with Lee's and he is so much bigger.
    With respect that means •••• all. If it did we d have a pack full of Martins Licis. Makes me laugh when people go on about bulk when the game is has evolved and much more about plyometrics, agility and athleticism than looking like some roid head from Tom’s Gym. That said Lees does need more size for a front rower.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Obviously him and Paolo are way down the pecking order but they should be being used to give some the others a break.

At the moment I feel we are over using Walmsley and Graham.
    With a bit of squad rotation we can pick our fixtures and give them the occasional week off.

In other threads Eaves and Dodds have mentioned so again give them some game and maybe let Robes are Lomax have week off.

I'm not saying we throw them in at the same time just one each week

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Last seen playing hide & seek in the car park with Paulo over 3 weeks ago.
    I should imagine Woolf likes a player who is tough in temperament and commitment maybe those 2 are struggling on those attributes, whereas Lees has those despite being underweight to bust the defensive line. It wouldn't take much for Ashworth to be that player we all we all want but must be lacking in will power and self discipline when giving an opportunity.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Obviously him and Paolo are way down the pecking order but they should be being used to give some the others a break.

At the moment I feel we are over using Walmsley and Graham.
    With a bit of squad rotation we can pick our fixtures and give them the occasional week off.

In other threads Eaves and Dodds have mentioned so again give them some game and maybe let Robes are Lomax have week off.

I'm not saying we throw them in at the same time just one each week
    We definitely need to start rotating the players as come the business end of the season we will either have player burn out or injuries. Holbrook made this mistake in his first full season at the club

Noooobie

IF Ashworth is as Bad as some of you say WHY do Other Clubs Whant Him, if JH was still the coach he would be in the squad must have seen Potential in the lad.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    IF Ashworth is as Bad as some of you say WHY do Other Clubs Whant Him, if JH was still the coach he would be in the squad must have seen Potential in the lad.
    I don't know if he is a bad player but at 25 he should already be filling his potential. He has a great size for a SR but there seems to be no spark. If he put his mind to it I'm sure there is a player in there, but whether it's attitude, a clash with the coach, or the legal issues, it isn't working. Some have said he should be used to rest other players, I would do that, but beforehand I would be sitting him down and having a serious discussion about what he wants for his future. That is not to say that has not already been done, I wouldn't know.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I can only remember JH giving him the odd game and had put more time into Matty Lees because he had a much better attitude. Its a strange one with Ashworth who was a mate with Matty Lees, they both tore into the Wigoons at the DW stadium stadium, Matty Lees carried on with that mindset but Ashworth seemed to go soft with poor discipline and hence might be go down the similar road to Joe Greenwood.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I don't know if he is a bad player but at 25 he should already be filling his potential. He has a great size for a SR but there seems to be no spark. If he put his mind to it I'm sure there is a player in there, but whether it's attitude, a clash with the coach, or the legal issues, it isn't working. Some have said he should be used to rest other players, I would do that, but beforehand I would be sitting him down and having a serious discussion about what he wants for his future. That is not to say that has not already been done, I wouldn't know.
    100%. He has a great frame, good aggression, a bit of pace when fit but there's something definitely lacking. Sad really as the potential is there.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I’d expect him to get a few games over the next month. If he wants to be involved in the play-off’s, he’s going to have play well when he gets the chance.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Got A Season Ticket

Have you seen the clubs that want him? Hardly an endorsement. Also. Given his off field issues, I would get shut too if I was saints management. That said, given what he’s done, Warrington would give him a life time contract as they like players like that

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    Have you seen the clubs that want him? Hardly an endorsement. Also. Given his off field issues, I would get shut too if I was saints management. That said, given what he’s done, Warrington would give him a life time contract as they like players like that
    What has he supposed to have done?

Banned

Been a general •••• with his ex bird I think.

Banned

It's been alledged he hit his ex gf

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I can only remember JH giving him the odd game and had put more time into Matty Lees because he had a much better attitude. Its a strange one with Ashworth who was a mate with Matty Lees, they both tore into the Wigoons at the DW stadium stadium, Matty Lees carried on with that mindset but Ashworth seemed to go soft with poor discipline and hence might be go down the similar road to Joe Greenwood.
    My immediate thought was that he's going a similar way to Greenwood, when he broke through he was a back rower / centre iirc with decent hands. We've seemingly beefed him up to play prop and probably struggles

I remember once upon we tried to do the same with LMS, and he used to get butchered up the middle, before that there are numerous examples, Stankevitch and Jonkers spring to mind (although both of these performed better)

If we lost him, I wouldn't be overly bothered

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    My immediate thought was that he's going a similar way to Greenwood, when he broke through he was a back rower / centre iirc with decent hands. We've seemingly beefed him up to play prop and probably struggles

I remember once upon we tried to do the same with LMS, and he used to get butchered up the middle, before that there are numerous examples, Stankevitch and Jonkers spring to mind (although both of these performed better)

If we lost him, I wouldn't be overly bothered
    He reminds me of Greenwood too, but for different reasons. They are both players who on their day are really hard to handle, but when they're not angry the game just passes them by. I don't think that's down to coaching - for me it's just mentality/personality.