Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Saints Salary Cap

Learning All The Songs

Default Saints Salary Cap

Do you think we have any cap spare ATM? We did not bring anybody in new this year upgrades must have been given out etc.

We look like a team that needs a injection of fresh blood somewhere. (Prop i'd say or Centre)

In The South Stand

Aside from the Toronto players,who is available to sign ?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Aside from the Toronto players,who is available to sign ?
    We need a prop

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by paraman View Post
    We need a prop

In all honesty we need two.

Banned

Given the club is losing money hand-over-fist through Covid, I really doubt that even with space under the cap we'd spend.

And I think this is the correct decision. The long-term survival of the club must be paramount.

We have two centres capable of doing a job in the reserve ranks (I don't get the hate for Costello; sure he's never going to be a Newlove but he is solid, pretty dependable and gives his all). We have 5 props, 4 with a wealth of experience and the 5th with about 50 games under his belt. We need another to replace the retiring Graham for next season, but we need to go with what we have.

We have a first choice XIII and squad that IMO is the best in SL (at the very least one of the best 2 or 3) so should be capable of better than we are doing in 3 of the past 4 games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Given the club is losing money hand-over-fist through Covid, I really doubt that even with space under the cap we'd spend.

And I think this is the correct decision. The long-term survival of the club must be paramount.

We have two centres capable of doing a job in the reserve ranks (I don't get the hate for Costello; sure he's never going to be a Newlove but he is solid, pretty dependable and gives his all). We have 5 props, 4 with a wealth of experience and the 5th with about 50 games under his belt. We need another to replace the retiring Graham for next season, but we need to go with what we have.

We have a first choice XIII and squad that IMO is the best in SL (at the very least one of the best 2 or 3) so should be capable of better than we are doing in 3 of the past 4 games.
    Agree with this though if any funds available a prop must be the priority.
    The good news is the club have a great record of promoting youth so we are in a better position then say the Hull clubs who are little short of a disgrace in this regard.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Yeah, I have no worries about us making the top four, and we just need to go with what we've got from here and hope that we have two big performances in us in the semi's and hopefully the Grand Final. With this being such a weird diluted season that may be looked back on in years to come as a one-off where trophies didn't feel as huge and the set piece games were played in empty stadiums, I feel we would be daft to make a risky financial move with money we don't have in a kneejerk attempt to get us somewhere that our current squad has the chance to get us to anyway.

Got A Season Ticket

What’s going to happen if Walmsley or Jammer gets injured or both. Who is going to step up and give us that go forward and who would in turn come off the bench to keep things going

Outside of our starting props we are struggling at the moment

Learning All The Songs

Don't really see the need for signings. We can freshen things up with rotation giving some game time to Simm, Eaves and Dodd. Puts some of the incumbents on their toes as well. Just a shame we don't appear to have any other young forwards on the fringes of the first team.

If we manage our squad well enough through the rest of the year, tweak things tactically and execute better then we're perfectly capable of retaining the title.

In The South Stand

We need a prop
    Yes i know,but at this time of year who is available ?

Got A Season Ticket

Yes i know,but at this time of year who is available ?
    There’s not many players out there as other clubs have signed players from Toronto. I would of gone for Brad Singleton who has joined Wigan.

Is there any decent props in the championship or in Aus we could get

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

If the delay in bringing back crowds to games means we end up with no fans at English grounds this season we can use the squad wisely in the last few weeks if we've secured a top 4 spot, because the venues for the semi finals will be irrelevant and top spot may not be worth hassling about.

In The South Stand

There’s not many players out there as other clubs have signed players from Toronto. I would of gone for Brad Singleton who has joined Wigan.

Is there any decent props in the championship or in Aus we could get
    I have no idea about the championship as they are not playing it would take a bit of time for any player from their to get match fit. As far as i know we are full on the non fed trained quota so overseas is out to.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

edited.

Survival is definitely paramount this season, for us more than others. I would hate to think that we have a good stadium with the associated costs, and end up playing in a semi pro comp. The likes of some that are renting/leasing could probably negotiate better deals or new deals at smaller venues, while our costs would be fixed.

Got A Season Ticket

I have no idea about the championship as they are not playing it would take a bit of time for any player from their to get match fit. As far as i know we are full on the non fed trained quota so overseas is out to.
    I’m sure getting rid of Paulo would create that overseas spot

In The South Stand

I’m sure getting rid of Paulo would create that overseas spot
    Yes but it isn't that easy.We could only get rid IF it was a mutual agreement. Also if there are no players available right now why would we ?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Yes but it isn't that easy.We could only get rid IF it was a mutual agreement. Also if there are no players available right now why would we ?
    Can he play Prop? Couldn't be any worse than as a back row.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Can he play Prop? Couldn't be any worse than as a back row.
    I have no idea if he can or can't he's very much the invisible man

Got A Season Ticket

I have no idea if he can or can't he's very much the invisible man
    Exactly and it doesn’t look like he’s going to get anywhere near the team

Do we have any props in the academy that could maybe step up