Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Josh Eaves

Noooobie

Default Josh Eaves

What is going on with Josh Eaves started at London and came off the bench against Leeds giving a good account of himself. Recently had a broken leg now fully fit. Looks a good young player to me, not sure the way he s getting no game time will help his development. Roby can’t go on forever which is when we will need another hooker.
    Josh Eaves should be given a chance to earn place in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Over The Hill Saint View Post
    What is going on with Josh Eaves started at London and came off the bench against Leeds giving a good account of himself. Recently had a broken leg now fully fit. Looks a good young player to me, not sure the way he s getting no game time will help his development. Roby can’t go on forever which is when we will need another hooker.
    Aaron Smith has been good this season, though. You can’t have three hookers in the team.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Aaron Smith has been good this season, though. You can’t have three hookers in the team.
    Still not convinced by Smith whatsoever, would like to see this Eaves lad get a shot also.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

If Bentley improves his passing skills I would look at him playing hooker to see how he goes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Bentley has found his position in the back row now, he should only play at hooker or Centre in an emergency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    If Bentley improves his passing skills I would look at him playing hooker to see how he goes.
    He’s not a hooker though he’s a backrower, likewise Morgan Knowles. I fear we may have to look elsewhere for a replacement hooker in a couple of seasons time

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

As the fixtures bunch together towards the end of October I expect we’ll see Roby sit out here and there so will hopefully get a chance to see Eaves off the bench with Smith starting.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Obviously a Billinger

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Bentley has found his position in the back row now, he should only play at hooker or Centre in an emergency.
    Bentley is a tackling machine in the middle, but he offers zero as a running SR. When we signed him I posted that I had doubts about his ability to be big enough for SR. I am still not convinced for the long term, though he is probably the best option we have at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Bentley is a tackling machine in the middle, but he offers zero as a running SR. When we signed him I posted that I had doubts about his ability to be big enough for SR. I am still not convinced for the long term, though he is probably the best option we have at present.
    It is also down to how you use him.

Put Liam Farrell in the current saints team you get the same results.

Put Bentley in the current Wigan side you get markedly better results.

A inside drop off pass into the dom channel and expect him blast through

against

running off the half back into holes between defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    And yet look at the pass that put Grace in for his try. Not many second-towers could complete such a quick take and give. He may not have some of the abilities of other second ties but he has his own strengths that’s for sure.

Banned

How's he supposed to get a chance when we have 2 pretty decent, fit hookers and no reserves? I get what you're saying btw but the board would go into meltdown if Roby was dropped in favour of Eaves and we lost.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    How's he supposed to get a chance when we have 2 pretty decent, fit hookers and no reserves? I get what you're saying btw but the board would go into meltdown if Roby was dropped in favour of Eaves and we lost.
    He may have to go elsewhere to prove his worth as 3rd in line isn't a great career choice in any place especially pro sport. He needs to play that's all he can do to show his skills and develop himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    He may have to go elsewhere to prove his worth as 3rd in line isn't a great career choice in any place especially pro sport. He needs to play that's all he can do to show his skills and develop himself.

With our tactics of playing two hookers a game is he not technically 2nd in line? Roby or Smith injured means he should get game time.

Got A Season Ticket

I've never seen Eaves play but being better that Smith isn't a very high bar.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    With our tactics of playing two hookers a game is he not technically 2nd in line? Roby or Smith injured means he should get game time.
    Perhaps we might agree he's 3rd choice, 1st reserve.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    I've never seen Eaves play but being better that Smith isn't a very high bar.

He is quicker than Smith