Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QF predictions

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I mentioned on another thread that I think BMM will target Percy, we need our forwards to cover that.
    I'd expect him to do so and he's just going to have to deal with it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I’ve watched our games since the break but I haven’t been massively enthused about the sport in general because of the empty grounds and the diluted feel of it all. But today, genuinely excited about the game. Knock out rugby, the fear of defeat, playing one of our rivals etc, it’s everything you could want from a game without actually being able to go.

It’s also a game that the sport needs right now. Two of the best sides, Saturday afternoon, knock out game, live on BBC1, loads of needle and history, it should get people watching. COYS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I’ve watched our games since the break but I haven’t been massively enthused about the sport in general because of the empty grounds and the diluted feel of it all. But today, genuinely excited about the game. Knock out rugby, the fear of defeat, playing one of our rivals etc, it’s everything you could want from a game without actually being able to go.

It’s also a game that the sport needs right now. Two of the best sides, Saturday afternoon, knock out game, live on BBC1, loads of needle and history, it should get people watching. COYS
    Ive got beers, Pringles and dips in for this one. COYS!!
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I just think we've run out of steam now. The two games against Hull KR and the Cas game before that were utterly dreadful. Sure we scraped through, but our attacking fluidity has gone out of the window. The Huddersfield game was good, but they were in an absolute mess with their lineup.

Hopefully it's another case where I have to admit I was totally wrong, there have been a couple of those. But if I had to put a bet on now, it'd be going on Warrington.
    I think Cas and Rovers had done their homework on us and came with a gameplan to target our system but I do agree our performance level have dropped a bit.

We came back from the break playing the game a lot faster than the other teams but seem to have slowed down to their level now.
    it was noticeable the tempo that Leeds played at in the first half last night they blew Rovers away.

Obviously this is the the job of the coach to get the team firing and the fact that we lost to Warrington earlier in the season means he won't take them lightly.

We're massively missing Makinson, not specifically as a winger but for the runs he does in the middle of the field, he makes a lot of yards for us.
    I was hoping that Naiqama would make those runs instead while Makinson is missing but he is heavily strapped so possibly not up to it.

i think the game is too close to call just hope the desire for revenge for Wembley will give us the edge.
    Last edited by Infamous Grouse; 19th September 2020 at 13:04.

We may miss Makinson but they've also lost Lineham.

I think it's going to be brutal, we can never forgive or forget the loss at Wembley last year. We owe these big time in the CC.

COYS

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    I think Cas and Rovers had done their homework on us and came with a gameplan to target our system but I do agree our performance level have dropped a bit.

We came back from the break playing the game a lot faster than the other teams but seem to have slowed down to their level now.
    it was noticeable the tempo that Leeds played at in the first half last night they blew Rovers away.

Obviously this is the the job of the coach to get the team firing and the fact that we lost to Warrington earlier in the season means he won't take them lightly.

We're massively missing Makinson, not specifically as a winger but for the runs he does in the middle of the field, he makes a lot of yards for us.
    I was hoping that Naiqama would make those runs instead while Makinson is missing but he is heavily strapped so possibly not up to it.

i think the game is too close to call just hope the desire for revenge for Wembley will give us the edge.
    It’s almost impossible to play at the same level every week. Even more so now with the new rules and faster rucks. I’m not sure that we’ve dropped our performance level that much but more a case of doing enough against certain teams. I think last weeks performance smacked of having one eye on today’s game even though the players and coach won’t admit it. Today will be a big indicator of where we’re at and if we can raise the performance levels back up for this game.

Banned

I was hoping for a dream SF lineup of us, Hull, Hull KR and Salford, and thought it was definitely a strong possibility and only being too busy stopped me putting a bet on it.

But the piescum and jammy Leeds pulled out their a-games against teams that capitulated softly, whilst we bottled it.

Hate this game at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I was hoping for a dream SF lineup of us, Hull, Hull KR and Salford, and thought it was definitely a strong possibility and only being too busy stopped me putting a bet on it.

But the piescum and jammy Leeds pulled out their a-games against teams that capitulated softly, whilst we bottled it.

Hate this game at times.
    Wigan are a good team mate. They've come on loads this season. Don't fancy us when we play them on 30th

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Wigan are a good team mate. They've come on loads this season. Don't fancy us when we play them on 30th
    I agree but you have to factor in that they play three times that week - they play us 4 days before the semi.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    I agree but you have to factor in that they play three times that week - they play us 4 days before the semi.
    One plus point of losing yesterday, it is more than likely that it will be a Wigan v Wire cup final so may make it easier to finish as league leaders and an easier path to GF .

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    One plus point of losing yesterday, it is more than likely that it will be a Wigan v Wire cup final so may make it easier to finish as league leaders and an easier path to GF .
    Will they not be played at a neutral ground anyway, so no real advantage.

Learning All The Songs

A poor defeat yesterday but i think we’ll have enough to beat them in the second leg...........this is two legs with it being a truncated season ?.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    As much as I would love you to be right I really don't see it happening. With the semi final being three days later the majority of that team won't play v Saints, and those that do will be given limited game time. I just hope you don't get a roll on early in the game otherwise I fear a blow out score.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Will they not be played at a neutral ground anyway, so no real advantage.
    I would imagine 1 and 2 will play at home given that 1 and 2 are likely to be 2 from us, Wigan, Wire, Leeds or Catalans, which have all been venues used so far or will be imminently. I would also hope that by then there’ll be a couple of thousand at least in the grounds to give it a little bit of an advantage.

If you’re arguing that they should be at neutral venues given that the league table is now a reflection of loads of games played at neutral venues, fair enough, and it has some validity. If you’re Castleford (for example) you could argue that you didn’t get the fair shake of playing at home and therefore they shouldn’t be disadvantaged in the semi finals in favour of a team that played several home games, albeit with no fans.