Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Accurate fixture list

In The South Stand

Default Accurate fixture list

Does anyone know where is the best place to look for latest fixture list?

The Superleague website has our next game as being against Catalans in November, I can’t find any fixtures beyond this week on the Saints website but the Naiqama ban article suggests we play Wigan after Warrington, whereas the BBC website has Wigan playing Wakey instead with us a bye.

Confused!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

I think we're due to play Wigan on Wed 30th September. That was the source of the excitement when they came up with the idea of kicking off at midnight on 1st October in order to possibly be able to get fans into the ground

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

We do play Wigan after Warrington but have a bye weekend beforehand.

Info here:

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/07/1...on-sky-sports/

This was obviously prior to Toronto dropping out. So weekend of 26/27 Sep is now a bye weekend.

Cup dates are:

QF: 18th-19th Sep
    SF: 3rd October
    Final: 17th October
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Thank you!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    We do play Wigan after Warrington but have a bye weekend beforehand.

Info here:

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/07/1...on-sky-sports/

This was obviously prior to Toronto dropping out. So weekend of 26/27 Sep is now a bye weekend.

Cup dates are:

QF: 18th-19th Sep
    SF: 3rd October
    Final: 17th October
    All the more reason to go full steam ahead at the weekend knowing we can rest up and recover the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    All the more reason to go full steam ahead at the weekend knowing we can rest up and recover the week after.
    The interesting one is if we beat Warrington, the semi final is 3 days after the Wigan game. I’ve read people suggesting on Twitter we should rest players v Wigan. But with an 11 day gap before the Wigan game and then (with all due respect) Wakefield the week after the semi, I see no reason why we can’t go full tilt for 2 games in 4 days. Beat Wigan and win a cup semi then rest a few bodies for the Wakefield game if needs be.

Got A Season Ticket

Default Accurate fixture list

But teams have all been placed on notice that they may be called upon to play during their bye week if an alternative fixture can be arranged in the event that another team needs to stand their squad down

Last edited by h-bomb; 15th September 2020 at 13:34.

Quote Originally Posted by h-bomb View Post
    But teams have all been placed on notice that they may be called upon to play during there bye week if an alternative fixture can be arranged in the event that another team needs to stand their squad down

Yes good point, didn't think of that. It may be that we get a late "call-up" next weekend but if we did then we potentially rest a couple for that game if we knew we had Wigan and a cup semi within 4 days the following week. There's lots of ifs, buts and maybes at the minute but my point still remains that the Wigan game just isn't one for resting players in my opinion. It really wouldn't sit right with a lot of fans I imagine and plus with hopefully a long rest before it we should be well equipped to play Wednesday/Saturday.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    The interesting one is if we beat Warrington, the semi final is 3 days after the Wigan game. I’ve read people suggesting on Twitter we should rest players v Wigan. But with an 11 day gap before the Wigan game and then (with all due respect) Wakefield the week after the semi, I see no reason why we can’t go full tilt for 2 games in 4 days. Beat Wigan and win a cup semi then rest a few bodies for the Wakefield game if needs be.
    If we draw the Wigoons in the semi final it wouldn't surprise me that both teams will rest 5 or 6 players before the cup game. We have a decent depth of squad quality compared to others in my opinion.