Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Disciplinary

In The South Stand

I’d much rather Warrington have an asterisk next to their name for winning the Challenge Cup than the league, so if we lose, I won’t be that bothered.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I don't think we should be too negative on the high balls threat, if we did then Gardner, Meli and Swift would never have got a game. Its part of a players development to develop the attribute and pressures that come with it, Wellens initially struggled as well in this department but that didn't stop him from being a great player because the coaching staff removed that negative by playing him to work on that required skill.
    No problem in him playing if selected but in games not as critical (if there are now any of those). There are lots of comments on this thread about changing selections for a one-off game that I continued with. If we need to develop Welsby fine but please not as a winger neither in a potentially season defining one-off game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I agree with this, it's horses for courses and I really don't want those lot lording it over us again.
    My comments further up suggest this is the most sensible partnership. One less thing to worry about. He should go with this but I fear he'll continue with his development of Welsby unfortunately.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I’d much rather Warrington have an asterisk next to their name for winning the Challenge Cup than the league, so if we lose, I won’t be that bothered.
    Bollocks.
    We owe them big-time for that smash'n'grab they did in the CCF.
    We need to do the double this year (I couldn't give a toss about the hubcap)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    No problem in him playing if selected but in games not as critical (if there are now any of those). There are lots of comments on this thread about changing selections for a one-off game that I continued with. If we need to develop Welsby fine but please not as a winger neither in a potentially season defining one-off game.

I don't think we have good alternative options for that right hand edge, only just realised from your earlier threads that you are pushing Costello for that wing spot, in my opinion he is just as risky under the high ball especially in heavy traffic.

There is a podcast from Woolf somewhere on his opinion on Welsby and giving him experience over different positions. We did exactly the same thing with Makinson, Percival, Lomax etc. those three were not wingers at the time but got game time experience in that position. At the end of the day its Woolf who decides the pro's and con's , I agree its a big one off game, Woolf handled it OK in the World Cup Game and we trust he can do likewise at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I don't think we have good alternative options for that right hand edge, only just realised from your earlier threads that you are pushing Costello for that wing spot, in my opinion he is just as risky under the high ball especially in heavy traffic.

There is a podcast from Woolf somewhere on his opinion on Welsby and giving him experience over different positions. We did exactly the same thing with Makinson, Percival, Lomax etc. those three were not wingers at the time but got game time experience in that position. At the end of the day its Woolf who decides the pro's and con's , I agree its a big one off game, Woolf handled it OK in the World Cup Game and we trust he can do likewise at the weekend.
    That's the key. With someone at that age it's about managing them carefully, having them in and out of the team. Let's face it, with a full strength team, Welsby doesn't make the 17 so he only plays when we have injuries/suspensions. He'll be out the side again when Makinson is back.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Bollocks.
    We're a better team than them, but they're just one of those teams we seem to implode against. That Cup Final performance last year was the worst in many a year. With Tommy's stupidity and Kev getting a ban it's going to be a tough ask and we need to want it more than them.

In The South Stand

Bollocks.
    Smash and grab? We were well beaten in the cup final and embarrassed ourselves by putting in our worst performance on one of the biggest stages.

I’d rather add an extra year to their barren championship spell. I’d rather go out of this, concentrate on Super League and hopefully win it again. The added games is already causing a strain on teams and I’d rather we didn’t risk injuries by so many games.

Banned

Smash and grab? We were well beaten in the cup final and embarrassed ourselves by putting in our worst performance on one of the biggest stages.

I’d rather add an extra year to their barren championship spell. I’d rather go out of this, concentrate on Super League and hopefully win it again. The added games is already causing a strain on teams and I’d rather we didn’t risk injuries by so many games.

It was a smash'n'grab. We were miles better than them throughout the season, but they used some questionable tactics (rotating the 'fake HIA to give our forwards a rest' duties), whilst taking advantage of a very biased (on the day) Hicks, and our own disappointing performance.

In The South Stand

It was a smash'n'grab. We were miles better than them throughout the season, but they used some questionable tactics (rotating the 'fake HIA to give our forwards a rest' duties), whilst taking advantage of a very biased (on the day) Hicks, and our own disappointing performance.
    That’s not a smash and grab, then. It’s a deserved win. The key point being “our own disappointing performance”. It’s a cup final, it’s a one off. We didn’t turn up beyond the fifth minute, Wire did.

Learning All The Songs

Saints have challenged KN's ban

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Add another game to that then.

You're not serious surely?

They've got it over us at the minute & we need to sort that out sooner rather than later.

I'm not fussed about the league to be honest. I'd rather win the cup

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post

Not sure we have much grounds to win that appeal tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Add another game to that then.
    Add another 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Add another 2
    Challenging the ban in the hope of solving the conundrum in the back line, didnt pick that one. Can't imagine on what grounds the appeal is based on save for perhaps he wasn't looking.

Challenging the ban in the hope of solving the conundrum in the back line, didnt pick that one. Can't imagine on what grounds the appeal is based on save for perhaps he wasn't looking.

Maybe appealing against John Wells input into the disciplinary process?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Maybe appealing against John Wells input into the disciplinary process?
    Now that would be interesting.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Bollocks.
    Aye. We owe them fu**ers and need to beat them in a game that matters to shift that monkey.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

How many times will Austin go down injured on his own try line whenever we are in attacking positions on Saturday??? What y’all reckoning? 2, 3 times?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    We're a better team than them, but they're just one of those teams we seem to implode against. That Cup Final performance last year was the worst in many a year. With Tommy's stupidity and Kev getting a ban it's going to be a tough ask and we need to want it more than them.
    I know Ste Prices’ gameplan right now. ‘Survive the opening 20 minutes, then let saints slowly hang themselves. If we’re within 4 points with 30 minutes left, we win’.

FWIW i think we will win big on Saturday, despite the missing personnel.

Banned

Impact is aroung hip height; the player was stooping/falling; Naiqama wasn't looking; it wasn't intentional.

See these all the time get punished with nothing more than a penalty. Sin Bin and pen should have sufficed and probably would have done but for Mr Castleford.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Ban overturned!! Free to play at weekend. Wow. Didn’t see that coming.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Ban overturned!! Free to play at weekend. Wow. Didn’t see that coming.
    Part of me wishes we went into this game way under strength. We always seem to give our all against the odds just to stick it to the man haha!

I’ve always said the disciplinary panel are fair and even- handed