Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Disciplinary

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Abdull only got 2 matches for his grab on Bentley was expecting a 4 match ban for that offence.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Does anyone have a link to the footage of the Lineham and Abdul incidents? One thing i’ve noticed when there’s a disciplinary case they never seem to show clips anywhere. It’s almost like it becomes taboo once they’ve been charged and nobody dares show a clip of it anywhere.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the footage of the Lineham and Abdul incidents? One thing i’ve noticed when there’s a disciplinary case they never seem to show clips anywhere. It’s almost like it becomes taboo once they’ve been charged and nobody dares show a clip of it anywhere.
    Send a PM to Jon Wells, he’s got video of every single offence ready for the judiciary.

Except Cas players of course......
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Send a PM to Jon Wells, he’s got video of every single offence ready for the judiciary.

Except Cas players of course......
    Thinks he runs the sport that bloke.

I honestly can't stand him

Rubbish player as well. Seen props quicker than him

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Thinks he runs the sport that bloke.

I honestly can't stand him

Rubbish player as well. Seen props quicker than him
    He's a "Flatter to Deceive" character, I remember when he did the post match talk with a player from the winning side, Sean Long (Assistant Coach) came on and talked about the execution plays. Wells looked on in awe and was lost for constructive words and ended up a nodding donkey.

Starting A Programme Collection

Kevin Naiqama wins appeal and is free to play in CC

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/09/1...shnotification

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    Kevin Naiqama wins appeal and is free to play in CC

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/09/1...shnotification

You been away then?

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    You been away then?
    Widnes time is different than everyone else's time. Having said that it was important it was confirmed we'd all got the announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Bollocks.
    We owe them big-time for that smash'n'grab they did in the CCF.
    We need to do the double this year (I couldn't give a toss about the hubcap)
    Absolutely , when this fixture came out it was a God send . Absolutely delighted . Just gutted that Smug faced scumbag ain’t playing , I’d love to see Lees wipe his shitty smug grin off his face .

This is pay back time , I hope that not only do we smash them but leave a few on the sidelines for a few week .

I want to see fireworks from our pack or I’ll Be disappointed .

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Absolutely , when this fixture came out it was a God send . Absolutely delighted . Just gutted that Smug faced scumbag ain’t playing , I’d love to see Lees wipe his shitty smug grin off his face .

This is pay back time , I hope that not only do we smash them but leave a few on the sidelines for a few week .

We will do well to win. If we revert to playing it up the middle we will play into Warrington’s hands, as we have done before. The jury’s out on the coach, I just hope he gets it right

Agree

We need to mix it and upset them. If there's fisty cuffs, even better

Banned

Agree entirely mate. One hundred percent.
    I wish Lineham was playing - he’s shit and if you were back in your playing days you d have dropped his attitude like a short whisky. Probably have hit him where the button on the chin says asleep. We’d have loved to play against a •••• like that. Proper spear tackle candidate.
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 16th September 2020 at 22:58.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    We will do well to win. If we revert to playing it up the middle we will play into Warrington’s hands, as we have done before. The jury’s out on the coach, I just hope he gets it right
    Somewhat harsh on the coach given our previous one flunked in a GF semi and the CC final. I honestly dont think the tactics in those matches differed massively from what Ive seen under Woolf: run same schemes on exit sets, forwards still have very similar roles and back patterns are also not dissimilar to JH. The only difference appears to be Saints are using Knowles in less of a ball playing role (think thats a waste).

What Holbrook managed consistently was getting us to play at an intensity that could blow teams off the park, pure speed. When Saints managed this against Leeds, Catalans, Hudds and Cas a few weeks back then what a surprise Woolf was suddenly the messiah.

The challenge vs Wire will be a game plan which threatens their defence more readily as they've been able to play a bend but dont break defence for a while and sting us on the counter. Look at the Cc final - made tons more metres, dominated territorially and yet we struggled horribly to score points. In other words Price has a good read on Saints and KW needs to address this.

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Warrington will play it up the middle for the first 20 mins of the game so we will have to match them, if we don't then we lose composure trying to get the ball out to the edges and our ball retention goes under 50%. Walmsley mentions on his pre match interview that they have to match them in the middle so that our backs have as much opportunities as possible. The key for me is to put someone on Austin so that is kicking game is rushed and space is in short supply.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Warrington will play it up the middle for the first 20 mins of the game so we will have to match them, if we don't then we lose composure trying to get the ball out to the edges and our ball retention goes under 50%. Walmsley mentions on his pre match interview that they have to match them in the middle so that our backs have as much opportunities as possible. The key for me is to put someone on Austin so that is kicking game is rushed and space is in short supply.
    Give him a huge (LEGAL!) shot early on, he’s their brain. Without him they are poor imho, he makes them tick......

I’d task Knowles with that one, let him have his first HIA lie-down......
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

If it were possible, Austin has become more arrogant the last few games but if someone targets him and puts him under pressure from the hooter, he’s shown previously that he doesn’t like it. Slowly becoming one of my most disliked players, proper show pony and tries the one handed show and go/dummy at least 3 times a game.

Unlike the CC Final our team is fit and ready, but questions remain over whether Percy plays (I hope so) and Welsby's performance on the wing. He will be marking a speed merchant if they play Ashton there. I am quietly confident so long as Hicks is not the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    Unlike the CC Final our team is fit and ready, but questions remain over whether Percy plays (I hope so) and Welsby's performance on the wing. He will be marking a speed merchant if they play Ashton there. I am quietly confident so long as Hicks is not the ref.
    I'm not too worried about his defence - it's just his composure under a high kick that bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I'm not too worried about his defence - it's just his composure under a high kick that bothers me.
    Ashton vs Welsby on the wing is DEFCON5 it would need a specific game plan to manage this which will unfortunately leave holes elsewhere. I haven't got the answer if the question is as posed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    SLook at the Cc final - made tons more metres, dominated territorially and yet we struggled horribly to score points.

Yeah, bit of a smash'n'grab job done on us

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Just don't take the 'show and go' from Austin , tackle him every single time , Knowles has done a really good job on him in the past , same as please .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dagzie View Post
    If it were possible, Austin has become more arrogant the last few games but if someone targets him and puts him under pressure from the hooter, he’s shown previously that he doesn’t like it. Slowly becoming one of my most disliked players, proper show pony and tries the one handed show and go/dummy at least 3 times a game.
    I'm with you mate. The only thing I find more nauseating than Austin's arrogance is his blatant feigning of injury on a regular basis. Absolute S***bag.

Pretending to blackout bloody disgusting. Should be straight of for head tests but no never leaves the field once he’s got the penalty. What an actor.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    Ashton vs Welsby on the wing is DEFCON5 it would need a specific game plan to manage this which will unfortunately leave holes elsewhere. I haven't got the answer if the question is as posed.

Welsby will be on our right and so marking Charnley. Regan will be the one up against the Pig's replacement.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    Welsby will be on our right and so marking Charnley. Regan will be the one up against the Pig's replacement.
    Fair enough but pointless to go too deep into it I suppose until line ups are set. Lots of questions to be answered about the way we set-up for this. Let's hope KW has most of the answers.