Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Disciplinary

Default Disciplinary

https://www.rugby-league.com/article...layers-charged

Kevin Naiqama (St Helens) – Grade C – high tackle. Two-match suspension.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    https://www.rugby-league.com/article...layers-charged

Kevin Naiqama (St Helens) – Grade C – high tackle. Two-match suspension.
    Quelle Surprise

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Percy back this weekend, and Naiqama playing nowhere near his best
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Might be worth playing Bentley there this week alongside Percy - bring LMS back. Dom/Zeb second rows.

Percy to right centre involves the least changes and the most retaining their current position.

Starting A Programme Collection

What happened with the indecent contact on Bentley that went on report?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What happened with the indecent contact on Bentley that went on report?
    Only given a Grade D charge (Abdull) which will probably be reduced to 3 matches being a saints player the victim.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 14th September 2020 at 18:48.

Two match's - well it could have been worse.
    He has got off quite well for a Saints player.
    I can't help wonder what the KR lad who groped Bentley, will get?
    Or the wanky scumbag, up to his usual tricks?

Not what Tommy Mac got, I'll bet!

Learning All The Songs

I like Naiqama but that was a reckless tackle on Friday. His attacking play isn’t as good as last season but i just don’t know why. Although i think his tackling has improved.

Percy to right centre involves the least changes and the most retaining their current position.
    Not sure. Percy left centre would allow him to stay with Grace. I’d play Bentley right centre as he’s been playing as a right side back row so not too much of a change. Simm and Welsby on the right side would be far too inexperienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Not sure. Percy left centre would allow him to stay with Grace. I’d play Bentley right centre as he’s been playing as a right side back row so not too much of a change. Simm and Welsby on the right side would be far too inexperienced.

When's the last time he passed to Grace? Good enough at rt centre for a Grand Final.

When's the last time he passed to Grace? Good enough at rt centre for a Grand Final.
    Yes but he’s been playing left centre for years. Simm is too inexperienced for a game of this magnitude IMO

Learning All The Songs

Grade F for Lineham. Same Grade as Tommy’s but he has a worse disciplinary record.
    I reckon he’ll get at least 6 if not more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Yes but he’s been playing left centre for years. Simm is too inexperienced for a game of this magnitude IMO

Think you are right Reacher. Bentley to centre stiffens up the defensive backline and for this game beefs up the pack. I wouldn't under any circumstances play Simm and Welsby that is suicide in a one off cup game. I know there is a mistake in Welsby but for me he would get the nod before Simm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Think you are right Reacher. Bentley to centre stiffens up the defensive backline and for this game beefs up the pack. I wouldn't under any circumstances play Simm and Welsby that is suicide in a one off cup game. I know there is a mistake in Welsby but for me he would get the nod before Simm.
    To build on your 'one off' comment surely then you would also replace Welsby with Costello to minimise the mistakes as he in turn has more experience?

Under normal circumstances I’d have no hesitation picking Simm. He has barely put a foot wrong and looks strong enough physically. Next to Welsby though, I’m not sure. I think Bentley at right centre can still have a bearing on the game and Peyroux second row was our runaway season preference don’t forget

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I like Naiqama but that was a reckless tackle on Friday. His attacking play isn’t as good as last season but i just don’t know why. Although i think his tackling has improved.
    If I remember right, he had a slow start to last season but improved as it went on.

Banned

His arm was hip-height on impact and Naiqama was looking away. 19 times out of 20 the attacker wouldn't be stooping/falling with their head at hip-level, but the swinging arm has given the disciplinary the excuse to ban him.

That right side is going to be a shitshow now for us - with wanky hammering it.

I think this game is in the balance now.

Banned

The game was always in the balance Webbo it's a big cup game. Bentley at right centre will be solid as hell they won't bully him. Who plays outside him? I think he will go Welsby. One thing for sure every high kick will be aimed that way.

The game was always in the balance Webbo it's a big cup game. Bentley at right centre will be solid as hell they won't bully him. Who plays outside him? I think he will go Welsby. One thing for sure every high kick will be aimed that way.
    I think it's total folly to go with Welsby on the wing when we all know what's going to happen. However many yards and tackles and anything else anyone wants to measure it is still overshadowed by his inability to cope with a high ball. Before anyone quotes the issues with Grace not being totally confident either he makes up with it being a strike winger with real pace & dynamism. I'm not doing Welsby a disservice by saying he has neither of these attributes so why must we persist with this plan is beyond my understanding. KW needs to start showing a clear understanding of the squad members attributes and mesh a plan together, if that includes Welsby on the wing then his plan also needs to protect both him and the ultimate outcome of the game. I fear Welsby will again play wing and we'll also continue with crash bang wallop from the forwards. We also have to expect some rustiness from Percival and hope that Bentley has got his poor game out of his system and is refreshed again.

Banned

Agreed austin and widdop will hammer welsby to desth with the high balls. Every time a kick goes up i just hope for the best with him under it.. agree about bentley he can hold his own and wont be intimmidated

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I think for this one, I would go Bentley and Costello on the right. Maybe not the best attacking option, but a bit more solid and not likely to get fazed.

Learning All The Songs

I think his defence is suspect .His habit of charging out of the line cost us a try v HKR.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    I think it's total folly to go with Welsby on the wing when we all know what's going to happen. However many yards and tackles and anything else anyone wants to measure it is still overshadowed by his inability to cope with a high ball. Before anyone quotes the issues with Grace not being totally confident either he makes up with it being a strike winger with real pace & dynamism. I'm not doing Welsby a disservice by saying he has neither of these attributes so why must we persist with this plan is beyond my understanding. KW needs to start showing a clear understanding of the squad members attributes and mesh a plan together, if that includes Welsby on the wing then his plan also needs to protect both him and the ultimate outcome of the game. I fear Welsby will again play wing and we'll also continue with crash bang wallop from the forwards. We also have to expect some rustiness from Percival and hope that Bentley has got his poor game out of his system and is refreshed again.

I don't think we should be too negative on the high balls threat, if we did then Gardner, Meli and Swift would never have got a game. Its part of a players development to develop the attribute and pressures that come with it, Wellens initially struggled as well in this department but that didn't stop him from being a great player because the coaching staff removed that negative by playing him to work on that required skill.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think for this one, I would go Bentley and Costello on the right. Maybe not the best attacking option, but a bit more solid and not likely to get fazed.
    I agree with this, it's horses for courses and I really don't want those lot lording it over us again.