Jungle Out There Banner
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Benji Marshall

  1. #1
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Benji Marshall

    Reports in Aussie today that he is considering a move to Warrington next season.

  2. #2
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    438
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Well he is the only SL club that can afford him. Lets not forget they are the only team that dont need a salary cap

    Would actually like him to sign for them as he will demand a high salary and been a shadow of his former self for last 3 or 4 years

  3. #3
    really is sorry Reacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wigan
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,104
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    I think if he comes here it would be to Wigan. All depends if Leuleaui goes round again. The idea would be to partner him with Harry Smith, utilise his experience etc particularly if Hastings leaves.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,134
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I would love it if he went to Wigan or Warrington. A shadow of his former self attacking wise and one of the worst defenders Iíve seen.

  5. #5
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    383
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    If he went to Warrington then I would expect one of Ratchford, Austin, or Widdopp to move on regardless of the 'flexible' cap.

    Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,213
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Along with Inglis?

    It'd be like playing fantasy RL from 10+ years ago.

  7. #7
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by banburysaint View Post
    If he went to Warrington then I would expect one of Ratchford, Austin, or Widdopp to move on regardless of the 'flexible' cap.

    Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
    news report stated replacement for Widdop, Benji played a pretty good game yesterday

  8. #8
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,957
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Now that Burrell has left they will have money on their cap. Loved Burrell's comment "I was at a club with massive budgets" Like we didn't know.

  9. #9
    In The South Stand OoOGazOoO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lincs.
    Posts
    2,640
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    To be honest, Marshall has played well recently, and has shown that he can still come up with assists and decent plays in the NRL, so I wouldn't completely write him off yet.

    Would I want him at Saints, probably not, but no doubt he will end up at Warrington as they will throw their Monopoly money at him.

  10. #10
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,553
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Now that Burrell has left they will have money on their cap. Loved Burrell's comment "I was at a club with massive budgets" Like we didn't know.
    Burrell isnít even counted on their cap yet is he? I thought he was still 0 cost due to the switching sports rule? If he does join it will be a simple Widdop out Marshall in type situation, and between him and inglis we can play who is the bigger shadow of their former selves.

    Bored of other peopleís recruitment talk though - we havenít even announced worlds worst kept secret Joel Thompson yet have we? And with 4 senior players ooc Iíd have thought we would have more than fleeting mentions in the news about targets by now ...

  11. #11
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Burrell isnít even counted on their cap yet is he? I thought he was still 0 cost due to the switching sports rule? If he does join it will be a simple Widdop out Marshall in type situation, and between him and inglis we can play who is the bigger shadow of their former selves.

    Bored of other peopleís recruitment talk though - we havenít even announced worlds worst kept secret Joel Thompson yet have we? And with 4 senior players ooc Iíd have thought we would have more than fleeting mentions in the news about targets by now ...


    Recruitment is often a non topic when it comes to Saints. Generally when they do it, they do it well, but itís a rare topic of discussion compared to other clubs.

    Presuming those NRL lads we was last linked with are not likely to happen?

  12. #12
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,957
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Burrell isn’t even counted on their cap yet is he? I thought he was still 0 cost due to the switching sports rule? If he does join it will be a simple Widdop out Marshall in type situation, and between him and inglis we can play who is the bigger shadow of their former selves.

    Bored of other people’s recruitment talk though - we haven’t even announced worlds worst kept secret Joel Thompson yet have we? And with 4 senior players ooc I’d have thought we would have more than fleeting mentions in the news about targets by now ...
    I don't know whether he counts are not mate, it was just me couldn't resist a pop when he said about massive budgets. Makes you wonder what they were paying him

  13. #13
    WARNING! WOLF FAN!

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I don't know whether he counts are not mate, it was just me couldn't resist a pop when he said about massive budgets. Makes you wonder what they were paying him
    He didn’t count on the cap, so irrelevant.

  14. #14
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    4,164
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    He didnít count on the cap, so irrelevant.
    I thought with that rule you got the first year cap-free, then after that 50% of the salary counts and then it goes up to 100%? Admittedly, I canít remember where I read that, so I may have dreamed it.

  15. #15
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    He didnít count on the cap, so irrelevant.

    Is anyone?

  16. #16
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,763
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I thought with that rule you got the first year cap-free, then after that 50% of the salary counts and then it goes up to 100%? Admittedly, I can’t remember where I read that, so I may have dreamed it.
    You didn't dream it,that is the rule. I'm assuming he would of been on cap for 50% as it was over a year since he signed,although with covid and the game being stopped you can never tell if that was the case.

  17. #17
    WARNING! WOLF FAN!

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    Is anyone?
    No.

  18. #18
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bolton
    Posts
    417
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I would love it if he went to Wigan or Warrington. A shadow of his former self attacking wise and one of the worst defenders Iíve seen.
    Are you Kevin Keegan in disguise ?

  19. #19
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,787
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    He didn’t count on the cap, so irrelevant.
    Irrelevant you say.....

  20. #20
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blatherings on 13 Pro-Am podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service
    Posts
    8,272
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Those were the days fantasy RL. I spent all of my time making Wigan crap and getting them relegated. Who says I had a wasted youth ? (Well ok middle age)
    Learned comment from The Don

  21. #21
    Learning All The Songs KentishBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,896
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Those were the days fantasy RL. I spent all of my time making Wigan crap and getting them relegated. Who says I had a wasted youth ? (Well ok middle age)
    One of our mob has always dreamed of winning the Euromillions, actually buying Wigan, then making them crap etc!

  22. #22
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,732
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    He didnít count on the cap, so irrelevant.
    Irrelevant......just like Warrington then
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

  23. #23
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,957
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Irrelevant you say.....
    Like the Salary Cap

  24. #24
    Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,134
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    Are you Kevin Keegan in disguise ?
    Haha, I'm telling you something, you went down in my estimation when you said that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •