Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Benji Marshall

Got A Season Ticket

Default Benji Marshall

Reports in Aussie today that he is considering a move to Warrington next season.

Banned

Well he is the only SL club that can afford him. Lets not forget they are the only team that dont need a salary cap

Would actually like him to sign for them as he will demand a high salary and been a shadow of his former self for last 3 or 4 years

I think if he comes here it would be to Wigan. All depends if Leuleaui goes round again. The idea would be to partner him with Harry Smith, utilise his experience etc particularly if Hastings leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

I would love it if he went to Wigan or Warrington. A shadow of his former self attacking wise and one of the worst defenders I’ve seen.

Got A Season Ticket

If he went to Warrington then I would expect one of Ratchford, Austin, or Widdopp to move on regardless of the 'flexible' cap.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Along with Inglis?

It'd be like playing fantasy RL from 10+ years ago.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by banburysaint View Post
    If he went to Warrington then I would expect one of Ratchford, Austin, or Widdopp to move on regardless of the 'flexible' cap.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
    news report stated replacement for Widdop, Benji played a pretty good game yesterday

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Now that Burrell has left they will have money on their cap. Loved Burrell's comment "I was at a club with massive budgets" Like we didn't know.

To be honest, Marshall has played well recently, and has shown that he can still come up with assists and decent plays in the NRL, so I wouldn't completely write him off yet.

Would I want him at Saints, probably not, but no doubt he will end up at Warrington as they will throw their Monopoly money at him.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Now that Burrell has left they will have money on their cap. Loved Burrell's comment "I was at a club with massive budgets" Like we didn't know.
    Burrell isn’t even counted on their cap yet is he? I thought he was still 0 cost due to the switching sports rule? If he does join it will be a simple Widdop out Marshall in type situation, and between him and inglis we can play who is the bigger shadow of their former selves.

Bored of other people’s recruitment talk though - we haven’t even announced worlds worst kept secret Joel Thompson yet have we? And with 4 senior players ooc I’d have thought we would have more than fleeting mentions in the news about targets by now ...

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Burrell isn’t even counted on their cap yet is he? I thought he was still 0 cost due to the switching sports rule? If he does join it will be a simple Widdop out Marshall in type situation, and between him and inglis we can play who is the bigger shadow of their former selves.

Bored of other people’s recruitment talk though - we haven’t even announced worlds worst kept secret Joel Thompson yet have we? And with 4 senior players ooc I’d have thought we would have more than fleeting mentions in the news about targets by now ...

Recruitment is often a non topic when it comes to Saints. Generally when they do it, they do it well, but it’s a rare topic of discussion compared to other clubs.

Presuming those NRL lads we was last linked with are not likely to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post

I don't know whether he counts are not mate, it was just me couldn't resist a pop when he said about massive budgets. Makes you wonder what they were paying him

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I don't know whether he counts are not mate, it was just me couldn't resist a pop when he said about massive budgets. Makes you wonder what they were paying him
    He didn’t count on the cap, so irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    I thought with that rule you got the first year cap-free, then after that 50% of the salary counts and then it goes up to 100%? Admittedly, I can’t remember where I read that, so I may have dreamed it.

Starting A Programme Collection

Is anyone?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I thought with that rule you got the first year cap-free, then after that 50% of the salary counts and then it goes up to 100%? Admittedly, I can’t remember where I read that, so I may have dreamed it.
    You didn't dream it,that is the rule. I'm assuming he would of been on cap for 50% as it was over a year since he signed,although with covid and the game being stopped you can never tell if that was the case.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    Is anyone?
    No.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I would love it if he went to Wigan or Warrington. A shadow of his former self attacking wise and one of the worst defenders I’ve seen.
    Are you Kevin Keegan in disguise ?

Banned

Irrelevant you say.....

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Those were the days fantasy RL. I spent all of my time making Wigan crap and getting them relegated. Who says I had a wasted youth ? (Well ok middle age)
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Those were the days fantasy RL. I spent all of my time making Wigan crap and getting them relegated. Who says I had a wasted youth ? (Well ok middle age)
    One of our mob has always dreamed of winning the Euromillions, actually buying Wigan, then making them crap etc!

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Irrelevant......just like Warrington then
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Irrelevant you say.....
    Like the Salary Cap

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    Are you Kevin Keegan in disguise ?
    Haha, I'm telling you something, you went down in my estimation when you said that