Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robert Hicks

Well that was a most Saints- like Warrington win. Hate them but you’ve got to give them credit for that win with so many missing.

Starting A Programme Collection

Yes have to agree ! It’s going to be a Big Game in the cup their confidence is going to be so high now and they will have there Stars coming back .

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Well that was a most Saints- like Warrington win. Hate them but you’ve got to give them credit for that win with so many missing.
    They are a better side than last year, last week was a great win with so many missing, same again this week.
    Many on here think we are way ahead of anyone on our day, Wire look as strong as us in most facets and they have composure now, looking forward to the CC next week.

In The South Stand

Certainly didn’t help Warrington with the Milner knees to Austin’s head, which was a red card as plain as day.

Hicks isn’t bent and doesn’t favour Warrington. It doesn’t matter who he’s refereeing or who their opponents are. His decision making is consistent. And by consistent, I mean, erratic, incompetent and embarrassing. We don’t have enough referees as it is, as a collective they get far too much stick and often it borders on to personal and vitriolic, however, Hicks is vastly out of his depth refereeing professionally.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    They are a better side than last year, last week was a great win with so many missing, same again this week.
    Many on here think we are way ahead of anyone on our day, Wire look as strong as us in most facets and they have composure now, looking forward to the CC next week.
    I think the difference is Warrington seem generally to be able to unlock a defence from close in the 15-20m line (not tonight admittedly) but we seem to struggle with that facet of our game. Someone will come on now and show 1000's if stats disproving this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noooobie

Even if Lineham is banned, it will be Ashton to wing & Ratchford to full back.

Another week gone by and still he doesn’t ref a Saints game. I’m sure we’ve not had him since Wembley. VERY STRANGE. He still gets Wire games.
    On another note will a ref ever penalise Austin for his continuous off side. I’m not talking one or two yards but he is three and four yards off side ALL the time in defence.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    Another week gone by and still he doesn’t ref a Saints game. I’m sure we’ve not had him since Wembley. VERY STRANGE. He still gets Wire games.
    On another note will a ref ever penalise Austin for his continuous off side. I’m not talking one or two yards but he is three and four yards off side ALL the time in defence.
    I think it was similar with James Child last season with Warrington after the "Battle of Brutus" but don't know if he has reffed Warrington this season. For me Hicks won't get to ref a final this season there are 3 or 4 refs much better than him at the moment.

With or without Hicks last night I thought Warrington hung on in there, a few things went there way, they missed quite a few tackles but overall I thought they defended well when it mattered.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Yeah good win for them with so many players unavailable as you say, some of their cover defence was particularly good IMO. Found Castleford quite frustrating to watch though, thought they had control of that game a couple of times but kept letting Warrington back into it with poor last play options, errors, kicking out for seven plays etc.

They went into the two big games we lost to them under Holbrook with similar, specific game plans and they executed it quite well so expecting a tough game next week.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Hicks isn’t bent and doesn’t favour Warrington. It doesn’t matter who he’s refereeing or who their opponents are. His decision making is consistent. And by consistent, I mean, erratic, incompetent and embarrassing. We don’t have enough referees as it is, as a collective they get far too much stick and often it borders on to personal and vitriolic, however, Hicks is vastly out of his depth refereeing professionally.
    This is spot on. To call someone bent assumes they have some Machiavellian motive to control events, and they will attempt to do so with their cunning and brilliant IQ. This isn't what we're seeing here, this is just a referee who is and always has been out of his depth and isn't good enough. Nobody who was deliberately trying to alter the course of a game would do some of the blatantly incompetent stuff he has done. They are just mistakes, over and over again.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Why didn't Blake go for a HIA after the disallowed try? he clearly had a head knock and stayed down. Or was that not in the script?

I agree
    Last edited by palmorr; 11th September 2020 at 13:00. Reason: Not linked

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Certainly didn’t help Warrington with the Milner knees to Austin’s head, which was a red card as plain as day.

I watched every replay of that disallowed try and none on them showed Milner hit him with the knees. The sky lot originally said he went in with knees to the head, but after the replays they said they couldn't see any contact. The video ref couldn't see it either

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I reckon Warrington are all thats standing between us and silverware this year. They seem to have had an edge over us when it matters most over the last 5 years. With Graham back and our solid defence under Woolf im hoping we have some serious mental strength when it comes to the big games.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

I watched every replay of that disallowed try and none on them showed Milner hit him with the knees. The sky lot originally said he went in with knees to the head, but after the replays they said they couldn't see any contact. The video ref couldn't see it either
    Also doesn't help with Austin's play acting over the past few weeks. The soft shite. He who cried wolf springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I reckon Warrington are all thats standing between us and silverware this year. They seem to have had an edge over us when it matters most over the last 5 years. With Graham back and our solid defence under Woolf im hoping we have some serious mental strength when it comes to the big games.
    Good side, with some very good players, and a big pack of forwards

Hopefully that grand final win last year will be a turning point for us and we will now know we can win the big trophys

I fancy us to sneak a win in a tight game

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    Good side, with some very good players, and a big pack of forwards

Hopefully that grand final win last year will be a turning point for us and we will now know we can win the big trophys

I fancy us to sneak a win in a tight game
    Hope so pal. Next weeks cup tie should be a good ‘n.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Also doesn't help with Austin's play acting over the past few weeks. The soft shite. He who cried wolf springs to mind
    You won't get any arguments from me on that one. A decent player, but one that knows how to get the best out of a ref.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Why didn't Blake go for a HIA after the disallowed try? he clearly had a head knock and stayed down. Or was that not in the script?
    Thought that myself Two Wheeled and is the assessment not insisted on by independent doctors?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    You are correct in that he hasn’t refereed a Saints league or play off game since Wembley but I think he was the ref for the LMS testimonial game v London. Think at the time I wondered if this was an effort by Saints to draw a line under the Wembley furore or just to show that Saints thought he was only fit to ref a friendly!

[QUOTE=snellinmo;798328]You are correct in that he hasn’t refereed a Saints league or play off game since Wembley but I think he was the ref for the LMS testimonial game v London. Think at the time I wondered if this was an effort by Saints to draw a line under the Wembley furore or just to show that Saints thought he was only fit to ref a friendly![/QUOTE

Or maybe someone at the RL thought we would forgive him because it was only a friendly