Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: OOC players

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Coote is Scottish
    Naiqama has been to Rhyl Sun Center so he's half Welsh.
    Coote's Scottish claim is irrelevant when it comes to the 'non-federation trained' rule.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Coote is Scottish
    Naiqama has been to Rhyl Sun Center so he's half Welsh.
    Coote being Scottish is an example of why they brought in the non fed rule.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Agree but he is an unrealistic target in my opinion. He will either stay at Wire or disappear to NRL.
    I think it would be unrealistic to hope we could sign him. He just stands out to me in the SuperLeague list. I think he is from Warrington and actually takes pride in playing for his home town club but a professional should shine anywhere.

Just a recap of where we are up to for next year after a flurry of announcements this week:

Confirmed

IN: Joel Thompson, Agnatius Paasi, Sione Matautia
    OUT: Zeb Taia, James Graham, Dom Peyroux, Joseph Paulo, Matt Costello, Callum Hazzard

Rumoured

IN: Dan Norman
    OUT: Jack Ashworth

Not sure who else from the young lads is out of contract, possible Josh Eaves off the top of my head.

Our top 25 or so next year should be something along the lines of:

1. Lachlan Coote
    2. Tommy Makinson
    3. Kevin Naiqama
    4. Mark Percival
    5. Regan Grace
    6. Jonny Lomax
    7. Theo Fages
    8. Alex Walmsley
    9. James Roby
    10. Matty Lees
    11. James Bentley
    12. Joel Thompson
    13. Morgan Knowles
    14. LMS
    15. Agnatius Paasi
    16. Kyle Amor
    17. Sione Matautia
    18. Aaron Smith
    19. Josh Eaves
    20. Joe Batchelor
    21. Jack Welsby
    22. Josh Simm
    23. Lewis Dodd
    24. Jake Wingfield
    25. Dan Norman

I know we have Roby, Coote, Naiqama and Bentley OOC in 2021 as it stands but there may be more.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

OOC in 2021, as far as I understand :
    Coote
    Naiqama
    Grace
    Fages
    Roby
    McCarthy-Scarsbrook
    Amor
    Bentley
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    Coote
    Naiqama
    Grace
    Fages
    Roby
    McCarthy-Scarsbrook
    Amor
    Bentley
    With the exception of Grace we could lose the rest of those players for the 2022 season. Hopefully Simm, Welsby and Dodd will in the first 17 by then.

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    Coote
    Naiqama
    Grace
    Fages
    Roby
    McCarthy-Scarsbrook
    Amor
    Bentley
    Cheers for that. Should have added on LMS and Amor but forgot Fages and Grace.

In The West Stand

https://www.totalrl.com/huddersfield...elens-forward/

Finally announced. Have we confirmed Norman yet?

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    https://www.totalrl.com/huddersfield...elens-forward/

Finally announced. Have we confirmed Norman yet?
    Good move for Ashworth with Watson taking over. Shame because he had the potential with Lee's to form a great front row partnership for years to come but he fell away. Change could do him good. Good luck

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Starting A Programme Collection

Not yet but it's a done deal

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Costello confirmed to be leaving now. Doesn’t say where to but the rumour has been Salford for a while now. Never one that was going to set the world on fire but did a decent job for us when called upon. Best of luck to the lad!

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/12/0...wXfMQzYt4pbxSk
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The West Stand

So I think thats us done at;

In: Sione Mata'utia (Newcastle Knights) Joel Thompson (Manly Sea Eagles), Agnatius Paasi (New Zealand Warriors), Dan Norman (London Broncos)
    Out: James Graham (Retired), Zeb Taia (Retired), Dom Peyroux (Toulouse), Joseph Paulo (Toulouse), Jack Ashworth (Huddersfield Giants), Costello (Released)
    OOC 2021: Lachlan Coote, Regan Grace, Kevin Naiqama, Theo Fages, James Roby, LMS, Kyle Amor, James Bentley

Overall, I think we have done cracking business. We made the best out of a bad situation with Thompson, have moved a big piece of deadwood in Paulo on, and we feel stronger overall with Welsby, Simm, Bentley all pushing on this year in particular.

Its never too early to start thinking about next year though, so hopefully we will see a few more re-signings in the winter months (Coote, Grace, Naiqama, and Bentley are all no brainers I think)

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Costello confirmed to be leaving now. Doesn’t say where to but the rumour has been Salford for a while now. Never one that was going to set the world on fire but did a decent job for us when called upon. Best of luck to the lad!

Hope he settles into a Superleague Club, I think initially he was a full back but I only recollect him only playing once in that position for the first team. With Simm showing more potential now its only natural he would have gone down the pecking order.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

In: Sione Mata'utia (Newcastle Knights) Joel Thompson (Manly Sea Eagles), Agnatius Paasi (New Zealand Warriors), Dan Norman (London Broncos)
    Out: James Graham (Retired), Zeb Taia (Retired), Dom Peyroux (Toulouse), Joseph Paulo (Toulouse), Jack Ashworth (Huddersfield Giants), Costello (Released)
    OOC 2021: Lachlan Coote, Regan Grace, Kevin Naiqama, Theo Fages, James Roby, LMS, Kyle Amor, James Bentley

Overall, I think we have done cracking business. We made the best out of a bad situation with Thompson, have moved a big piece of deadwood in Paulo on, and we feel stronger overall with Welsby, Simm, Bentley all pushing on this year in particular.

Its never too early to start thinking about next year though, so hopefully we will see a few more re-signings in the winter months (Coote, Grace, Naiqama, and Bentley are all no brainers I think)
    For All the criticism Woolf has had (from me included) I think he has recruited very well, at least on paper. It looks our strongest squad for a while. Just want to see Dodd fed in a bit more and a bit more expansive style.

Bentley will definitely sign up, when I listened to him a few weeks back on a podcast he thinks Woolf is the best thing since sliced bread in developing his game.

On this one Bentley talks extensively from a bout 20 mins in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_zTq3hYR-c&t=6800s
    Last edited by STIDDY; 4th December 2020 at 16:12.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Hope he gets a SL club. He was never going to set the world on fire, but he never shirked anything. The more he played the more reliable he got. Good luck to the lad.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Think with Coote, Grace and Bentley it will depend if there’s NRL interest, otherwise I imagine we’ll be looking to get them tied down ASAP.

Roby depends whether he wants to go round again. Can have a contract for as long as he wants.

LMS and Amor would be surprised to see them stay past next season being 36 and 33 respectively by the time of the 2022 season. Amor might get another year extension if he has a good season and depending on how Norman progresses.

Fages I think depends on the development of Dodd and whether he pushes him out of the starting 13, then it’s whether he’s happy being a squad player and how much of the salary cap a squad player might be taking up.

Naiqama will turn 33 at the start of the 2022 season so we’ll see, wouldn’t be surprised to see them extend his contract by 1 year maybe depending on the development of Josh Simm.

There’s a significant chunk of salary cap in those 8 players though so I hope they can get everything sorted out relatively early on in the season so we can recruit properly if we need to.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Think with Coote, Grace and Bentley it will depend if there’s NRL interest, otherwise I imagine we’ll be looking to get them tied down ASAP.

Roby depends whether he wants to go round again. Can have a contract for as long as he wants.

LMS and Amor would be surprised to see them stay past next season being 36 and 33 respectively by the time of the 2022 season. Amor might get another year extension if he has a good season and depending on how Norman progresses.

Fages I think depends on the development of Dodd and whether he pushes him out of the starting 13, then it’s whether he’s happy being a squad player and how much of the salary cap a squad player might be taking up.

Naiqama will turn 33 at the start of the 2022 season so we’ll see, wouldn’t be surprised to see them extend his contract by 1 year maybe depending on the development of Josh Simm.

There’s a significant chunk of salary cap in those 8 players though so I hope they can get everything sorted out relatively early on in the season so we can recruit properly if we need to.
    I've got a feeling that 2021 will be Fages' last season at Saints. Not heard any rumours or anything, just think it will be

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I've got a feeling that 2021 will be Fages' last season at Saints. Not heard any rumours or anything, just think it will be
    I think so too, unless there's plans to move him to hooker that is. I'll be sorry to see the lad go.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I think so too, unless there's plans to move him to hooker that is. I'll be sorry to see the lad go.
    Me too. Brave player

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I reckon Eaves will be putting in a challenge for that No 9 spot in a year or two.