Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC players

Learning All The Songs

Default OOC players

Who out the current squad is Out Of Contract next year?

Jammer going to retire? Who Knows?
    Zeb going to retire. Deffo

Amor - i think is OOC
    Ashworth - I think is OOC

Anyone else?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I think Peyroux is OOC, for me Amor and Peyroux should get another year. Thompson covers for the loss of Tai and we just want a replacement for Jammer.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Isn't LMS out of contract too?

The ones I am more concerned about are Lees and Knowles next year.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Isn't LMS out of contract too?

The ones I am more concerned about are Lees and Knowles next year.
    Yes I forgot about LMS, going back down to London but I think that was made around the Lockdown period. For Lees and Knowles they have seen what's happened to Thompson so they might think (Wishful Thinking) stick at Saints for a couple more seasons first.

Learning All The Songs

Done bit of digging:

Lees end 2021
    Knowles End 2021
    Amor 2020
    Dom 2020
    Louie 2020
    Paulo 2021
    Smith 2022
    Percy 2024
    Bentley 2021

Noooobie

Amor and Peyroux are at the end of there Career we Should be Looking at Younger Players.

Learning All The Songs

Coote 2021
    Roby 2021
    Naiqama 2021
    Tommy 2022

Some big names of contract next year !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    Amor and Peyroux are at the end of there Career we Should be Looking at Younger Players.
    If you consider Amor , Peyroux , and LMS together , consider Taia's replacement is 30+ , plus Paulo 30+

then it makes a case for not retaining all of them.

Whether you release all three in another matter.

I would be looking at younger players and to release two of them.

Peyroux is a quota spot and I still don't see what he gave over keeping Josh Jones.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Done bit of digging:
    My two pence on it:

Lees end 2021 - need to tie down long term
    Knowles End 2021 - need to tie down long term
    Amor 2020 - 1 year
    Dom 2020 - 1 year
    Louie 2020 - Release
    Paulo 2021 - try and move on this off season
    Bentley 2021 - need to tie down long term
    Coote 2021 - need to tie down long term
    Roby 2021 - 1 year
    Naiqama 2021 -1 year

Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    We seem to be OK with our backrowers depth but not so at prop, so I would keep Amor because Lees is not capable of "bending" that opposition defensive line with any consistency at the moment.

The above two pence worth from "under the radar" is pretty bang on in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Peyroux is a quota spot and I still don't see what he gave over keeping Josh Jones.
    Didn’t we sign Peyroux to replace Jones who had signed with Exeter Chiefs to try his hand at Union?

Learning All The Songs

Bentley, Knowles and Coote are the top 3 - get them tied down ASAP. Bentley and Knowles for 4 years and Coote for 2/3.

Wouldn't be unhappy if we offered Amor and LMS new deals either.

Paulo, Ashworth and Peyroux are expendable for me, especially if it means keeping Bentley and Knowles.

Default OOC players

If you consider Amor , Peyroux , and LMS together , consider Taia's replacement is 30+ , plus Paulo 30+

I’m not sure we ever really had the chance to keep Jones.

I like Peyroux but there is a strong case to be made for letting him go to make room for Bentley. My only concern with Bentley is that he only signed a 1-year extension. Hopefully that’s just because he wanted to see whether he’d get a run in the first team before committing long term, and not because he has an NRL gig lined up for afterwards.

Paulo is no more than squad fodder so can be easily replaced from within by a youngster whenever his contract is up.

I’d give Amor another year because a) we’re already going to have to replace Thompson/Graham this year, and b) I don’t think we’ll pick up a better 3rd/4th choice prop.

LMS I’d keep if he wants to carry on.

Banned

Why release Amor,LMS or Peyroux when it both clear all are playing good rugby and clearly still have a lot to offer? Its not like theres a wealth of better alternatives.

We dont live in 1992 anymore when 31/32 etc was considered old. Times have changed and its barmy to release players proving their worth on a dated ideological assumption that anyone over 30 must be binned off. Especially when Graham and Taia are already going.

The key here surely is to move on Paulo which I’d guess frees up a lot of cap space. Ashworth is totally expandable as well so Id let him walk as well.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quoting ünder the radar but that post not showing.

Cannot believe that we signed Paulo for so long. Agree with most of what you have said re extensions; not sure I would release Louie immediately. I said on another thread that he has been looking a bit jaded lately, but I think he has earned the remainder of this season to see what we decide.

Apologies, website not functioning correctly

In The South Stand

The only way we release players is IF we have better coming in to replace them. Honestly Amor,LMS and Peyroux are worth keeping hold of until we can sign better.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Why release Amor,LMS or Peyroux when it both clear all are playing good rugby and clearly still have a lot to offer? Its not like theres a wealth of better alternatives.
    Completely agree. As long they're playing good rugby then give them another season. Roby is 34 and still playing well, Taia 35/36. I'm sure Amor and Peyroux could play another few seasons and I'm sure LMS could do another too. Amor for me as arguably been in the top 5 props in SL since the restart.

It's when they're not contributing and not playing enough games due to injury I'd worry.

Were as good as any team at promoting youngsters so I'm not concerned were blocking younger player. If there was someone on the market that was a better fit then it makes sense but in the current market I'm not sure there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post

Cannot believe that we signed Paulo for so long.
    Justin Holbrook didn't make all that many mistakes at Saints, however Mr.Paulo is certainly one of them.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Quoting ünder the radar but that post not showing.

Cannot believe that we signed Paulo for so long. Agree with most of what you have said re extensions; not sure I would release Louie immediately. I said on another thread that he has been looking a bit jaded lately, but I think he has earned the remainder of this season to see what we decide.
    I agree. It kind of shows where we’re at with Paulo when I’d forgotten he even still plays for us. I’m sure they had their reasons for signing him but he’s offered nothing.

I was going back and forth with Louie, but like as others have said, him, Peyroux and Amor are over 30 and I think we need to let one of them go to help the transition. and he’s not quite been as good as the other 2.

We don’t really want them all leaving at once, so a steady off loading would be best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post

We dont live in 1992 anymore when 31/32 etc was considered old. Times have changed and its barmy to release players proving their worth on a dated ideological assumption that anyone over 30 must be binned off. Especially when Graham and Taia are already going.

The key here surely is to move on Paulo which I’d guess frees up a lot of cap space. Ashworth is totally expandable as well so Id let him walk as well.

I think the concern is that if they all hit 34 /35 together and we need to replace 6 or 7 first teamers in the 1 summer

We are better off drip feeding the replacements in over a 2/3 year period so we don't huge amount of disruption in the one summer

It's a tough balancing act and it is always difficult to judge when to change a winning team with one eye on the future

If Graham Taia Paulo and ashworth leave this summer maybe get 2 older pros and 2 younger guys to replace them

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    I agree. It kind of shows where we’re at with Paulo when I’d forgotten he even still plays for us. I’m sure they had their reasons for signing him but he’s offered nothing.

I was going back and forth with Louie, but like as others have said, him, Peyroux and Amor are over 30 and I think we need to let one of them go to help the transition. and he’s not quite been as good as the other 2.

We don’t really want them all leaving at once, so a steady off loading would be best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Louie has been good the last 3 or so years but has looked a bit tired lately, hope it is just a bit of a dip rather than age catching up. As others have said, the number of forwards that may be going at the same time needs some careful managing.

Banned

Id be made up if jammer gor 1 more year. I dont the sound of the props we are being linked with and jammer really kffers us something

Peryoux - keep
    Amor and lms - 1 year deal
    Paulo - ill pay for his taxi to widnes or airport just let him go

Costello - salford bound
    Ashworth - id like to keep but rumoured to have signed for cas, him and woolf just clearly dont get on

Got A Season Ticket

Lees and Knowles are my fears even though are not imminent departures. I know the game is in a pickle at the moment but no way will those lads go their careers without attracting attention of others.

Bentley also now joins that list as he has become a monster of a player this season, got a bad feeling he won’t be ours long sadly given such a short term extension.

Coote and Kevin will both sign new deals, not because they are not good enough to move but at their age I don’t see them wanting to move again for the last of there best playing years.

I’d like to keep Ashworth as I think we will regret losing him long term. Graham also would be great to keep for his mentor ship as much as anything, you can see the impact he has on others.

Roby should get whatever he wants.

The rest to be honest can all go for me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    Lees and Knowles are my fears even though are not imminent departures. I know the game is in a pickle at the moment but no way will those lads go their careers without attracting attention of others.

Bentley also now joins that list as he has become a monster of a player this season, got a bad feeling he won’t be ours long sadly given such a short term extension.

Coote and Kevin will both sign new deals, not because they are not good enough to move but at their age I don’t see them wanting to move again for the last of there best playing years.

I’d like to keep Ashworth as I think we will regret losing him long term. Graham also would be great to keep for his mentor ship as much as anything, you can see the impact he has on others.

Roby should get whatever he wants.

The rest to be honest can all go for me.
    Your point about roby got me thinking of the last few years of kc. We new the end was near and tried a few things to prepare for his loss, but every time he played he showed what he still brought to the team even if it was just to inspire others around him