Jungle Out There Banner
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: 21 man squad v Hull KR

  1. #1
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,711
    Rep Power
    24

    Default 21 man squad v Hull KR

    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/09/0...-21-man-squad/

    IN: Roby, Taia
    OUT: Eaves, Dodd

    1.Lachlan Coote, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Jonny Lomax, 7. Theo Fages, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 11. Zeb Taia, 12, Dom Peyroux, 13. LMS, 14. Morgan Knowles, 15. Matty Lees, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Jack Ashworth, 19. Aaron Smith, 20. James Bentley, 21. Matty Costello, 22. Jack Welsby, 23, Joe Batchelor, 26, Josh Simm, 32. James Graham.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  2. #2
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,711
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Really tough choice for Woolf this week in a couple of areas. By my reckoning he is going to have to drop one of Amor, Smith, LMS or Peyroux, with the latter two most in jeopardy.

    His comments yesterday basically stated that Costello was set for the chop last week before Dodd/Fages dropped out, so I think he will miss out this week along with Ashworth and Batchelor. He also said Bentley, Taia and Knowles will be his back-row.

    Assuming everyone in the 21 man squad is still available come 6pm Friday I think we will be looking at:

    Coote
    Welsby
    Naiqama
    Simm
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Graham
    Roby
    Walmsley
    Bentley
    Taia
    Knowles

    Smith
    Amor
    Lees
    Peyroux/LMS

    I think it’s great to have genuine options and good players being left out. It’ll be interesting to see the line-up come Friday.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  3. #3
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    4,165
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Really tough choice for Woolf this week in a couple of areas. By my reckoning he is going to have to drop one of Amor, Smith, LMS or Peyroux, with the latter two most in jeopardy.

    His comments yesterday basically stated that Costello was set for the chop last week before Dodd/Fages dropped out, so I think he will miss out this week along with Ashworth and Batchelor. He also said Bentley, Taia and Knowles will be his back-row.

    Assuming everyone in the 21 man squad is still available come 6pm Friday I think we will be looking at:

    Coote
    Welsby
    Naiqama
    Simm
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Graham
    Roby
    Walmsley
    Bentley
    Taia
    Knowles

    Smith
    Amor
    Lees
    Peyroux/LMS

    I think itís great to have genuine options and good players being left out. Itíll be interesting to see the line-up come Friday.
    I think based on recent performances Lees would have to be more at risk of missing out than Amor.

  4. #4
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,711
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think based on recent performances Lees would have to be more at risk of missing out than Amor.
    The only reason I didn’t mention him is because here Woolf states that he will decide between Graham and Lees to see who starts. So presumably both are in the 17.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  5. #5
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Amor 100% will be in the 17, I agree it'll be peyroux or LMS who misses out

    I think LMS will be the unlucky player

  6. #6
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,124
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Picking our strongest team for me means the same team YG picked but Lees missing out. Iíd rather have 2 props, 1 back row & a hooker on the bench and, for me, LMS & Amor have been outperforming Lees.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  7. #7
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,112
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Really tough choice for Woolf this week in a couple of areas. By my reckoning he is going to have to drop one of Amor, Smith, LMS or Peyroux, with the latter two most in jeopardy.

    Don't think it has to be a case of 'dropped'. Our forwards get through a huge amount of tough work, the front row especially; resting one every couple of weeks by rotating them around makes sense.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  8. #8
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,711
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Don't think it has to be a case of 'dropped'. Our forwards get through a huge amount of tough work, the front row especially; resting one every couple of weeks by rotating them around makes sense.
    Yeah you can use whatever terminology fits but I’m a week before the cup game anyone “rested” or “rotated” will be sweating on their place. I’d much rather be playing this week and putting in a top performance to cement my place in the side than being rested when there’s so much competition for places.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  9. #9
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,973
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Really tough choice for Woolf this week in a couple of areas. By my reckoning he is going to have to drop one of Amor, Smith, LMS or Peyroux, with the latter two most in jeopardy.

    His comments yesterday basically stated that Costello was set for the chop last week before Dodd/Fages dropped out, so I think he will miss out this week along with Ashworth and Batchelor. He also said Bentley, Taia and Knowles will be his back-row.

    Assuming everyone in the 21 man squad is still available come 6pm Friday I think we will be looking at:

    Coote
    Welsby
    Naiqama
    Simm
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Graham
    Roby
    Walmsley
    Bentley
    Taia
    Knowles

    Smith
    Amor
    Lees
    Peyroux/LMS

    I think it’s great to have genuine options and good players being left out. It’ll be interesting to see the line-up come Friday.
    We will obviously miss Percy, but that looks great line up. He may opt to give Louie a rest as he has looked a bit jaded at times, and Peyroux needs match fitness.

  10. #10
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    438
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Id give a few players a rest this week

    Coote
    Welsby
    Naiqama
    Simm
    Grace
    Lomax
    Dodd
    Walmsley
    Smith
    Amor
    Taia
    Bentley
    Knowles

    Fages
    Ashworth
    Lees
    Peryoux

    Gives few players a rest for next week against warrington.

    Kr got alot of key players missing even more than last week so can see us walking this one

  11. #11
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,711
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Id give a few players a rest this week

    Coote
    Welsby
    Naiqama
    Simm
    Grace
    Lomax
    Dodd
    Walmsley
    Smith
    Amor
    Taia
    Bentley
    Knowles

    Fages
    Ashworth
    Lees
    Peryoux

    Gives few players a rest for next week against warrington.

    Kr got alot of key players missing even more than last week so can see us walking this one
    Dodd isn’t in the squad, he’s still isolating.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  12. #12
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    438
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Dodd isn’t in the squad, he’s still isolating.
    Missed that one.

    Fages at 7 batchelor on bench

  13. #13
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Newton le willows
    Posts
    560
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Wigan thought that lol �� regarding KR missing players

  14. #14
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,335
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Id give a few players a rest this week


    Gives few players a rest for next week against warrington.

    Kr got alot of key players missing even more than last week so can see us walking this one
    ^ with the league % rules we canít afford to think this at all.


    Play strongest team for the win......
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

    This life is more than just a read through.

  15. #15
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    4,387
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Hull KR have Mitch Garbutt back who always has a bit of go forward with his metres. Abdull was creating a lot of options last week so he is one to watch if he plays this weekend. I should imagine Hull KR will play the same attacking game but try and stiffen up their defence but the problem for them is that Saints will do like wise and won't want to concede 18 points again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •