Jungle Out There Banner
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 181

Thread: Hull KR Team News

  1. #1
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,127
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Hull KR Team News

    According to Woolf on Saints website: Naiqama, Fages, Taia and Roby all fit to play. Percival could play this week but they might give him one more weeks recovery. Getting back towards full strength, be interesting to see whether he rests anyone ahead of the Warrington cup game.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  2. #2
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Difficult this as it would have benefits in giving the wider squad another run-out but then I wouldn't want players returning for the Warrington game without any playing time whatsoever. Probably start with an experienced team then see how it's going. Wouldn't be great to win by 30 points but one or two of the senior players get a knock that'll keep them out. As I say a difficult one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,185
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    HKR building confidence. Gave us a game for large spells week before last. I'd play the strongest team without taking any unnecessary risk.

  4. #4
    Learning All The Songs Gerry Mander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Around the Ruck. Winning the Collision.
    Posts
    2,163
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    HKR building confidence. Gave us a game for large spells week before last. I'd play the strongest team without taking any unnecessary risk.
    Fair point.
    To balance this the guys who came in deserve another go.

    Fages or Taia to replace Ashworth maybe.
    Simm and Welsby at least have earned a second week.

  5. #5
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,127
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Fair point.
    To balance this the guys who came in deserve another go.

    Fages or Taia to replace Ashworth maybe.
    Simm and Welsby at least have earned a second week.
    Struggling to work out who gets dropped assuming Roby, Fages and Taia all come back into the 17. Taia for Ashworth is pretty obvious. One of Costello, Simm, Welsby will miss out for Fages. Who then drops out to make way for Roby given Woolfs preference to have a hooker on the bench usually? If were picking the strongest team then Id probably have Lees drop out. For rotation maybe give Bentley a week off given how much work hes got through.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  6. #6
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Struggling to work out who gets dropped assuming Roby, Fages and Taia all come back into the 17. Taia for Ashworth is pretty obvious. One of Costello, Simm, Welsby will miss out for Fages. Who then drops out to make way for Roby given Woolfs preference to have a hooker on the bench usually? If were picking the strongest team then Id probably have Lees drop out. For rotation maybe give Bentley a week off given how much work hes got through.
    I think the decision if Fages comes in has to be Costello or Welsby on the wing. Neither were particularly tested on the wing in each of their most recent performances there but neither are wingers for sure so it might just hinge on who's staying and who's going and give it to Welsby? I think Simm did enough for another game and given that Percival is still out that's a natural fit anyway.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Id still be playing simm at left center move welsby to the wing and play dodd at 7. Give fages 1 more week out

  8. #8
    Starting A Programme Collection undertheradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N-L-W
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Play your strongest team so everyone is match ready for the cup game.

    We know what happened last year against them in the final after wed messed around with team in the lead up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    385
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Play your strongest team so everyone is match ready for the cup game.

    We know what happened last year against them in the final after wed messed around with team in the lead up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I reckon we play our strongest team every week, being a natural pessimist there must be a chance that we don't even get through to the end of the season the way things are going so at least we can stay top

  10. #10
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    4,168
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    HKR building confidence. Gave us a game for large spells week before last. I'd play the strongest team without taking any unnecessary risk.
    Agreed. There will be plenty of games to play youngsters in whether we like it or not.

  11. #11
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,715
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    I think the decision if Fages comes in has to be Costello or Welsby on the wing. Neither were particularly tested on the wing in each of their most recent performances there but neither are wingers for sure so it might just hinge on who's staying and who's going and give it to Welsby? I think Simm did enough for another game and given that Percival is still out that's a natural fit anyway.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Woolf said yesterday that prior to Dodd being ruled out last week Costello wasn't playing. So it looks like Simm at centre and Welsby wing was the way he was going. I imagine that will be the combo this week. So Ashworth and Costello to drop plus one more of Amor, Lees, Peyroux. Might have more clues once the squad is named later.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  12. #12
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    4,392
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    I think the decision if Fages comes in has to be Costello or Welsby on the wing. Neither were particularly tested on the wing in each of their most recent performances there but neither are wingers for sure so it might just hinge on who's staying and who's going and give it to Welsby? I think Simm did enough for another game and given that Percival is still out that's a natural fit anyway.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We might have Percival back for this game if so Woolf will probably have Welsby on the wing. If Percival is OK then its game time for him prior to the cup game.

  13. #13
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,100
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Id still be playing simm at left center move welsby to the wing and play dodd at 7. Give fages 1 more week out
    Doesn’t Dodd have to do another week’s isolation?

  14. #14
    Learning All The Songs Gerry Mander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Around the Ruck. Winning the Collision.
    Posts
    2,163
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We might have Percival back for this game if so Woolf will probably have Welsby on the wing. If Percival is OK then its game time for him prior to the cup game.
    When Percival is back and Tommy is still out , then the case for Percival and Simm in the Centres with KevN on the Wing is a strong one.

  15. #15
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Doesn’t Dodd have to do another week’s isolation?
    yes

    I'd play our strongest team

    Big al roby graham
    taia Bentley
    Knowles

    fages lomax
    kevin simms Costello grace
    coote

  16. #16
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Id still be playing simm at left center move welsby to the wing and play dodd at 7. Give fages 1 more week out
    I would normally but I'm thinking Fages needs some sort of game time before next week even a half but that may obviously compromise wider bench options.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We might have Percival back for this game if so Woolf will probably have Welsby on the wing. If Percival is OK then its game time for him prior to the cup game.
    Correct when posted yes and I'd agree but latest is no Percival. What happens with him next week? Not sure it's the best plan to drop straight in, depends if he trusts Simm after how he goes this week if he gets the centre berth.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    When Percival is back and Tommy is still out , then the case for Percival and Simm in the Centres with KevN on the Wing is a strong one.
    Agreed it's not a bad plan. Welsby would be gutted to lose his temporary spot on the wing but I think we all realise he's best playing elsewhere.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,117
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    Agreed it's not a bad plan. Welsby would be gutted to lose his temporary spot on the wing but I think we all realise he's best playing elsewhere.

    Agree completely. Welsby has looked mostly poor at FB, centre & wing - yet was fantastic last week at SO. Hardly a surprise when his usual position is stand off.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  20. #20
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,981
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    When Percival is back and Tommy is still out , then the case for Percival and Simm in the Centres with KevN on the Wing is a strong one.
    That would probable be my choice. Which is Simms preferred side?

  21. #21
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,828
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Fair point.
    To balance this the guys who came in deserve another go.

    Fages or Taia to replace Ashworth maybe.
    Simm and Welsby at least have earned a second week.
    I get what you're saying but the likes of Fages and Taia have delivered for us consistently and don't deserve to lose their place.

    I'd go with our strongest side, build some momentum and form before the cup game. We saw in last year's final how we were underdone so we need our best side with games behind them (bar Percival).

    Tough choice on who is left out out of that lot. I think it'll be between Smith and Peyroux for the last bench spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

  22. #22
    Learning All The Songs theres only one stan wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Defected Yicker
    Posts
    1,320
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Be surprised if LMS plays. So 17 virtually picks itself


    10/12/1989 12-12 v Dewsbury (H) Regal Trophy.
    Att:5,847 (Loyal supporter ever since).

  23. #23
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,422
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I reckon we play our strongest team every week, being a natural pessimist there must be a chance that we don't even get through to the end of the season the way things are going so at least we can stay top
    With win percentage now a potential big factor we can’t afford to drop an unnecessary game thinking we can make it up later in the season. We don’t know how long this season will last, but we do know that wins may mean more than total points so we need to keep rolling out the best 17 we have every game and play them all like they are must wins.

  24. #24
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,715
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    With win percentage now a potential big factor we can’t afford to drop an unnecessary game thinking we can make it up later in the season. We don’t know how long this season will last, but we do know that wins may mean more than total points so we need to keep rolling out the best 17 we have every game and play them all like they are must wins.
    I completely agree. Plus I am sure we have a week off in between the Warrington and Wigan games so we can rest up then.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  25. #25
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,981
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I completely agree. Plus I am sure we have a week off in between the Warrington and Wigan games so we can rest up then.
    Unless another team gets a positive case and we are forced into a rearranged game??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •