Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hull KR Team News

Got A Season Ticket

Got to feel sorry for the ref, all that effort and he went home with no points.

In The South Stand

Great game. Wouldn’t have begrudged KR winning that, thought they were brilliant in defence.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Got A Season Ticket

We'll have to play better than that v Warrington

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

We have all been praising Woolf since the restart. But today all we are doing is back to driving up the middle. Is he returning to type? Also we seem to have completely forgotten how to•offload. The number of times Knowles has taken the ball, made metres then been tackled without passing ( often because he had no support) was incredible.Bentley has been a machine in tackling the past couple of weeks, but he offers no running threat. Naiqama sometime runs great lines but what else does he offer? Simm, not had that much ball, but he looks a natural at centre, Welsby, playing out of position but growing in confidence every week.
    I think the ref has made a couple iffy calls for disallowed trys, but he has kept the game flowing, and not frightened of giving 6 restarts.• Not a high bar, but Ben Proe, way better than the rest of the SKY commentators

Naiqama hasn’t been bad at all for me. I certainly wouldn’t replace him with Simm, who looked defensively fragile today.

Something that it’s easy to take for granted is what a good set of defensive decision makers our starting back line is. Take a couple of starters out and replace them with kids like today and cracks start to appear.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Still hate golden point, simply because the loser gets nothing despite drawing after 80.

Saying that, I’ve never seen a team make it easier in GP than Hull KR. They had the ball in our half twice in golden point and didn’t even take one shot at goal. That’s just daft.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Still hate golden point, simply because the loser gets nothing despite drawing after 80.

Saying that, I’ve never seen a team make it easier in GP than Hull KR. They had the ball in our half twice in golden point and didn’t even take one shot at goal. That’s just daft.
    The Championship was due to give both teams a point after 80 and award the winner of GP the extra point. I think that’s fairer than what we have.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Naiqama hasn’t been bad at all for me. I certainly wouldn’t replace him with Simm, who looked defensively fragile today.

Something that it’s easy to take for granted is what a good set of defensive decision makers our starting back line is. Take a couple of starters out and replace them with kids like today and cracks start to appear.
    I think that’s really harsh on Simm. He had one poor read which lead to the HKR third try but that’s the only criticism all night for him. You could say the same for Fages and their first try (which was a much worse read!)

For one reason or another the attack just didn’t click today, and HKR did everything in their power to keep the momentum even (and we’re allowed to). I think both Welbsy’s disallowed fries were very harsh (and would have been given on any other day) and bar the dropped kick did really well again (wind is a one of mitigation I suppose).

I think it’s one of those games to take the points (percentage?) and draw a line under it. No one was particularly on top form and we have to focus on the basics this week and turn it around. We did it after the Cas game where we didn’t quite click and am sure we can again (are we suffering from training and playing on the same ground?)

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    That’s Naiqama banned, I reckon.
    To be fair the player was already heading to the ground when he hit him.

Default Hull KR Team News

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I think that’s really harsh on Simm. He had one poor read which lead to the HKR third try but that’s the only criticism all night for him. You could say the same for Fages and their first try (which was a much worse read!)

For one reason or another the attack just didn’t click today, and HKR did everything in their power to keep the momentum even (and we’re allowed to). I think both Welbsy’s disallowed fries were very harsh (and would have been given on any other day) and bar the dropped kick did really well again (wind is a one of mitigation I suppose).

I think it’s one of those games to take the points (percentage?) and draw a line under it. No one was particularly on top form and we have to focus on the basics this week and turn it around. We did it after the Cas game where we didn’t quite click and am sure we can again (are we suffering from training and playing on the same ground?)
    I didn’t mean it as a pointed criticism of him - more of the idea that he should be picked ahead of Naiqama. He did a decent job but I thought he had a handful of poor reads, not all of which led directly to problems. Taia was all over the place too, to be fair - it looked like an edge combination that wasn’t used to defending together.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    We have all been praising Woolf since the restart. But today all we are doing is back to driving up the middle. Is he returning to type? Also we seem to have completely forgotten how to•offload. The number of times Knowles has taken the ball, made metres then been tackled without passing ( often because he had no support) was incredible.Bentley has been a machine in tackling the past couple of weeks, but he offers no running threat. Naiqama sometime runs great lines but what else does he offer? Simm, not had that much ball, but he looks a natural at centre, Welsby, playing out of position but growing in confidence every week.
    I think the ref has made a couple iffy calls for disallowed trys, but he has kept the game flowing, and not frightened of giving 6 restarts.• Not a high bar, but Ben Proe, way better than the rest of the SKY commentators

For some reason best known to Wolfe we are not playing the expansive rugby that we are known for. If we carry on with this one man rugby we will be well burned out by the back end of the season.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Steel City Saint View Post
    I'd be happy to play Simm in his place.
    People say Simm is a natural right sided player so I hope we get to see him there. The big question then though is who would go on the wing ? It might be a bit to much having 2 kids on the same side.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    We sneak a win against a team the beat Wigan well last week, and suddenly Kerion Cunningham is back in charge. HKR showed tonight that last week was no fluke. Yes we weren’t great but come on give it a few games before we start with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post

I'm really happy to have the two points, but what's wrong with a draw and 1 point each. If you are even at FT you deserve a point

Banned

We might have thought the ref was a bit against us, but what must Hudds have thought of Mikalauskus, who all but wore a Leeds shirt, giving three 6-agains in a minute (a record?). They'll be glad he's had to be replaced by Child.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post

wish Naiqama would stop rushing out of the line. Does it all the time and it led to their first try.

Worst game Bentley has had for a while.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

If we beat Warrington next week the flat performances of a few individuals tonight will soon be forgotten.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    If we beat Warrington next week the flat performances of a few individuals tonight will soon be forgotten.
    Makes me wonder if Saints have the match next week at the back of their minds? I know it sounds like an excuse but we still won !

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    We sneak a win against a team the beat Wigan well last week, and suddenly Kerion Cunningham is back in charge. HKR showed tonight that last week was no fluke. Yes we weren’t great but come on give it a few games before we start with this.
    I never suggested that we were back to KC. We never played at tonight's pace and intensity during that period. But we have certainly gone back to playing up the middle. I haven't seen any statistics tonight, but I would like to see the number of offloads compared to the first 2-3 games after the restart. Other than that,•I offered an opinion on a couple of individuals,•some positive and some negative as I saw it. I'm not sure what it is you think I should not start

Banned

Strange game, I didn’t enjoy it at all.

As well as HKR defended, we didn’t challenge them enough on the edges and we didn’t have enough players in motion to confuse the defence. It was pretty easy for them to defend in their own 20.

We need to sharpen up next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Thought we missed the go forward of LMS tonight, Lees and Bentley pretty poor in that department. Graham got some really tough calls from the ref. Also Fages not taking on the line in saying that we were missing a lot of support play.

Banned

To be honest i thought fitness played a part. After the first 10 mins we looked tired and as if we just wanted the game over with. Few of the senior players looked tired to quick out their tonight

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Thought we missed the go forward of LMS tonight, Lees and Bentley pretty poor in that department. Graham got some really tough calls from the ref. Also Fages not taking on the line in saying that we were missing a lot of support play.
    Fages took on the line quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Fages took on the line quite a lot.
    He pulled of one great tackle that saved us.

Thought the game was terrible. We were awful, KR were not much better with the ref being even worst. The game should have been over in the first 20 minutes if not for poor composure leading to poor decisions and errors. Graham losing the ball first tackle and Walmsley trying to play a cut out pass on their line soon after were highlights. The sooner Golden Point is done away with the better.

Just an awful game.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk