Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hull KR Team News

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Default Hull KR Team News

According to Woolf on Saints website: Naiqama, Fages, Taia and Roby all fit to play. Percival could play this week but they might give him one more weeks recovery. Getting back towards full strength, be interesting to see whether he rests anyone ahead of the Warrington cup game.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection

Difficult this as it would have benefits in giving the wider squad another run-out but then I wouldn't want players returning for the Warrington game without any playing time whatsoever. Probably start with an experienced team then see how it's going. Wouldn't be great to win by 30 points but one or two of the senior players get a knock that'll keep them out. As I say a difficult one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKR building confidence. Gave us a game for large spells week before last. I'd play the strongest team without taking any unnecessary risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    HKR building confidence. Gave us a game for large spells week before last. I'd play the strongest team without taking any unnecessary risk.
    Fair point.
    To balance this the guys who came in deserve another go.

Fages or Taia to replace Ashworth maybe.
    Simm and Welsby at least have earned a second week.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Fair point.

Struggling to work out who gets dropped assuming Roby, Fages and Taia all come back into the 17. Taia for Ashworth is pretty obvious. One of Costello, Simm, Welsby will miss out for Fages. Who then drops out to make way for Roby given Woolf’s preference to have a hooker on the bench usually? If we’re picking the strongest team then I’d probably have Lees drop out. For rotation maybe give Bentley a week off given how much work he’s got through.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Struggling to work out who gets dropped assuming Roby, Fages and Taia all come back into the 17. Taia for Ashworth is pretty obvious. One of Costello, Simm, Welsby will miss out for Fages. Who then drops out to make way for Roby given Woolf’s preference to have a hooker on the bench usually? If we’re picking the strongest team then I’d probably have Lees drop out. For rotation maybe give Bentley a week off given how much work he’s got through.
    I think the decision if Fages comes in has to be Costello or Welsby on the wing. Neither were particularly tested on the wing in each of their most recent performances there but neither are wingers for sure so it might just hinge on who's staying and who's going and give it to Welsby? I think Simm did enough for another game and given that Percival is still out that's a natural fit anyway.

Banned

Id still be playing simm at left center move welsby to the wing and play dodd at 7. Give fages 1 more week out

Banned

Play your strongest team so everyone is match ready for the cup game.

We know what happened last year against them in the final after we’d messed around with team in the lead up.

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Play your strongest team so everyone is match ready for the cup game.

We know what happened last year against them in the final after we’d messed around with team in the lead up.

I reckon we play our strongest team every week, being a natural pessimist there must be a chance that we don't even get through to the end of the season the way things are going so at least we can stay top

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Agreed. There will be plenty of games to play youngsters in whether we like it or not.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    I think the decision if Fages comes in has to be Costello or Welsby on the wing. Neither were particularly tested on the wing in each of their most recent performances there but neither are wingers for sure so it might just hinge on who's staying and who's going and give it to Welsby? I think Simm did enough for another game and given that Percival is still out that's a natural fit anyway.

Woolf said yesterday that prior to Dodd being ruled out last week Costello wasn't playing. So it looks like Simm at centre and Welsby wing was the way he was going. I imagine that will be the combo this week. So Ashworth and Costello to drop plus one more of Amor, Lees, Peyroux. Might have more clues once the squad is named later.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

We might have Percival back for this game if so Woolf will probably have Welsby on the wing. If Percival is OK then its game time for him prior to the cup game.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Id still be playing simm at left center move welsby to the wing and play dodd at 7. Give fages 1 more week out
    Doesn’t Dodd have to do another week’s isolation?

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We might have Percival back for this game if so Woolf will probably have Welsby on the wing. If Percival is OK then its game time for him prior to the cup game.
    When Percival is back and Tommy is still out , then the case for Percival and Simm in the Centres with KevN on the Wing is a strong one.

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Doesn’t Dodd have to do another week’s isolation?
    yes

I'd play our strongest team

Big al roby graham
    taia Bentley
    Knowles

fages lomax
    kevin simms Costello grace
    coote

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    I would normally but I'm thinking Fages needs some sort of game time before next week even a half but that may obviously compromise wider bench options.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Correct when posted yes and I'd agree but latest is no Percival. What happens with him next week? Not sure it's the best plan to drop straight in, depends if he trusts Simm after how he goes this week if he gets the centre berth.

When Percival is back and Tommy is still out , then the case for Percival and Simm in the Centres with KevN on the Wing is a strong one.
    Agreed it's not a bad plan. Welsby would be gutted to lose his temporary spot on the wing but I think we all realise he's best playing elsewhere.

Banned

Agreed it's not a bad plan. Welsby would be gutted to lose his temporary spot on the wing but I think we all realise he's best playing elsewhere.

Agree completely. Welsby has looked mostly poor at FB, centre & wing - yet was fantastic last week at SO. Hardly a surprise when his usual position is stand off.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

That would probable be my choice. Which is Simms preferred side?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Fair point.

I get what you're saying but the likes of Fages and Taia have delivered for us consistently and don't deserve to lose their place.

I'd go with our strongest side, build some momentum and form before the cup game. We saw in last year's final how we were underdone so we need our best side with games behind them (bar Percival).

Tough choice on who is left out out of that lot. I think it'll be between Smith and Peyroux for the last bench spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs theres only one stan wall's Avatar

Be surprised if LMS plays. So 17 virtually picks itself

10/12/1989 12-12 v Dewsbury (H) Regal Trophy.
    Att:5,847 (Loyal supporter ever since).

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I reckon we play our strongest team every week, being a natural pessimist there must be a chance that we don't even get through to the end of the season the way things are going so at least we can stay top
    With win percentage now a potential big factor we can’t afford to drop an unnecessary game thinking we can make it up later in the season. We don’t know how long this season will last, but we do know that wins may mean more than total points so we need to keep rolling out the best 17 we have every game and play them all like they are must wins.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    With win percentage now a potential big factor we can’t afford to drop an unnecessary game thinking we can make it up later in the season. We don’t know how long this season will last, but we do know that wins may mean more than total points so we need to keep rolling out the best 17 we have every game and play them all like they are must wins.
    I completely agree. Plus I am sure we have a week off in between the Warrington and Wigan games so we can rest up then.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I completely agree. Plus I am sure we have a week off in between the Warrington and Wigan games so we can rest up then.
    Unless another team gets a positive case and we are forced into a rearranged game??