Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Fans back into the stadiums

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I think the behaviour of sports fans is the factor here. Not negatively but in terms of singing, chanting, noise, etc, there’s probably more chance of stuff spreading. And given you can take a mask off when you’re drinking and eating that means loads will be supping ale and chatting away whilst shouting at the ref to get em onside etc.

I think it’s stupid that we can go to supermarkets but not stadiums, but I think that’s the reason why. I’ve been to the cinema in Manchester in the last fortnight and felt very safe, but it’s a quiet and static audience of people which it’ll never be at a ground. But I think if people are checked going in, if people are socially distanced and if the right rules are in place we have to get back to some form of life, and that includes supporting our clubs in person. Life is grim right now.
    Surely it wouldn’t be too difficult to sort out as a trial. You would just pre book a numbered seat (2 metres difference) - no standing areas would be open. You would not allow the sale of alcohol and allow supporters to use toilets in a reasonable way as we do now. It seems much safer than pubs and theatres. Just as a trial that is.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Posted on another thread but seems relevant to this, I took the little one to the Blackpool Tower Circus on Saturday.

Everyone kept their distance whilst queuing, masks worn when moving around, gaps between groups which they organised when entering, and every other row was used. At the end and during the interval people kept their distance.

I think they could easily sort it. Don't allow alcohol or drinks (which in turn stops as many people going the toilet). And don't allow singing.

Most people would be happy with that as a compromise

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Surely it wouldn’t be too difficult to sort out as a trial. You would just pre book a numbered seat (2 metres difference) - no standing areas would be open. You would not allow the sale of alcohol and allow supporters to use toilets in a reasonable way as we do now. It seems much safer than pubs and theatres. Just as a trial that is.
    Completely agree. I’m not supporting the thinking, just assuming why they’re thinking it.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Posted on another thread but seems relevant to this, I took the little one to the Blackpool Tower Circus on Saturday.

Everyone kept their distance whilst queuing, masks worn when moving around, gaps between groups which they organised when entering, and every other row was used. At the end and during the interval people kept their distance.

I think they could easily sort it. Don't allow alcohol or drinks (which in turn stops as many people going the toilet). And don't allow singing.

Most people would be happy with that as a compromise
    Singing isn’t believed to be the only problem. Shouting or even talking loud is as bad. It’s not easy not to shout when watching a game. I’m playing devil’s advocate here. I actually think that limited crowds could be tried out without too much danger.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Singing isn’t believed to be the only problem. Shouting or even talking loud is as bad. It’s not easy not to shout when watching a game. I’m playing devil’s advocate here. I actually think that limited crowds could be tried out without too much danger.
    I agree, you allow 500 one week, 1000 the next..

See how it goes.. it's simple if people shout and sing then the trial is proved one way or another

No singing...I can just see everyone complying with that.
    Just like when they ask people not to swear and everyone jeers the announcement!!

Reality is we are not getting back in before the 2021 season and maybe not even at the start of that!

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Just like when they ask people not to swear and everyone jeers the announcement!!

Reality is we are not getting back in before the 2021 season and maybe not even at the start of that!
    That's how I see it. In reality i'm expecting an 11 team competition starting in March or April with no loop fixtures (20 games). We've got the World Cup later in the year and Wane wants a couple of friendlies/warm up games.

Banned

Put everyone in the South Stand; nobody sings in there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    That's how I see it. In reality i'm expecting an 11 team competition starting in March or April with no loop fixtures (20 games). We've got the World Cup later in the year and Wane wants a couple of friendlies/warm up games.
    Fascinating.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Fascinating.
    Not really. Just common sense.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Not a hope in hell of getting back this season, especially after just being classed as tier 3.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    The World Cup won’t be happening next year .

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    The World Cup won’t be happening next year .
    I fear this.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Banned

It would work just fine in the North Stand, same goes for cheering, standing, smiling or having a good time.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It would work just fine in the North Stand, same goes for cheering, standing, smiling or having a good time.
    Not so sure. They'd all want their own regular seats.
    Fight!

I'm in the back row North Stand and my ar$e rarely touches my seat!

Got A Season Ticket NewJerseySaint's Avatar

If it meant I could see a game in the flesh I'd; wear a face covering, not have a beer or eat anything during the game, refrain from singing and chanting (not much of that in the North stand tbh), use hand gel regularly and show patience leaving the ground if it's done row by row.

I think that type of behaviour, adopted by everyone, would reduce the risk of spreading the virus to a level I'd be comfortable with, if the attendance numbers were limited.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Speak for yourself mate. Back few rows of Block C are quite lively actually haha
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

I'm in the back row North Stand and my ar$e rarely touches my seat!
    Yobbo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Speak for yourself mate. Back few rows of Block C are quite lively actually haha
    I think my Dad and Brother sit in D and it's certainly not my idea of lively. I think I posted something last year from when we played London early season, we won something like 20-0 but it was a crap game and some old dear had a go at me for giving the players a kick up the arse because I was shouting too loud.

There were crowds at 7 of the 12 NFL games played yesterday, and no way they’re free of Covid. All ranged from 5,000 to 15,000 but most looked socially distanced and fairly easy to manage. No way we couldn’t do similar and have crowds of 10,000 at the bigger and modern PL grounds and 1,500 at the more modern RL grounds like Saints, Wigan, Wire, Salford, Hull etc.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

...No way we couldn’t do similar and have crowds of 10,000 at the bigger and modern PL grounds and 1,500 at the more modern RL grounds like Saints, Wigan, Wire, Salford, Hull etc.
    Is it possible that the clubs don't want to be bothered with the extra controls etc, given the significantly reduced numbers, many of which will be on season tickets? Not a great deal of extra revenue to be made there.
    Would be different for a final of course.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Is it possible that the clubs don't want to be bothered with the extra controls etc, given the significantly reduced numbers, many of which will be on season tickets? Not a great deal of extra revenue to be made there.
    That's a fair shout, but if the government decreed that 20% capacities were permitted which clubs would risk the backlash by refusing to open up their ground?

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines, by the time they pay for stewarding and cleaning it may not be worth their while until restrictions are completely lifted, i guess a lo depends what they are getting from Sky.

On a personal note I don't know what I'll do next year, I consider myself to be reasonably healthy but I'll be nearly 71 by the time the season gets under way next year so at an age that I don't want to incur any unnecessary risks

I normally have a ticket in the North Stand and while I'd like to renew it, all the seats are sold regularly where I am so if they are admitting fans as normal you can't help but be in close contact with others especially if fans have to get past to get to their seats.

I assume tickets will go on sale around Xmas time for next year but I don't think I'm going to be too confident about going to matches until the situation improves dramatically.

I would think a lot of people in my age group may feel the same.

I wonder if we are still in this situation for much longer and therefore unable to sell any season tickets for next season, a pay-per-match offer will be put forward like to controversial Premier League one? £14.99 per game.

Banned

That's a fair shout, but if the government decreed that 20% capacities were permitted which clubs would risk the backlash by refusing to open up their ground?
    Wakefield
    Castleford
    Hull KR

Although those grounds are a health hazard at the best of times.