Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fans back into the stadiums

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Your ‘reason’ has made me chuckle.
    That was the reason for my Lager fueled Facebook rant. I won't go into the story right now.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    That was the reason for my Lager fueled Facebook rant. I won't go into the story right now.
    Oh yeah, I worked that out, it still made me chuckle

Banned

Not happening in October by the look of it.

Very frustrating. I’m not a member so I had no expectation of getting in the ground either way, but the way sport is being treated here is inconsistent and smacks of a government that doesn’t appreciate how important it is to people. If you can sit in your bubble in a pub, restaurant, cinema etc indoors I don’t see how you can’t let people into a football or rugby ground under the same rules.

It just seems like it’s all too much trouble and effort to find a way for it to work, because compared to going for a meal or going to B&Q it seems going to the match isn’t important enough for the same rules to be implemented. So beer gardens will continue to be packed with fans doing more to spread a virus than they would if they were in a ground, and in a few weeks when the clocks change and it starts getting colder they’ll all be packed inside the pub.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Very frustrating. I’m not a member so I had no expectation of getting in the ground either way, but the way sport is being treated here is inconsistent and smacks of a government that doesn’t appreciate how important it is to people. If you can sit in your bubble in a pub, restaurant, cinema etc indoors I don’t see how you can’t let people into a football or rugby ground under the same rules.

It just seems like it’s all too much trouble and effort to find a way for it to work, because compared to going for a meal or going to B&Q it seems going to the match isn’t important enough for the same rules to be implemented. So beer gardens will continue to be packed with fans doing more to spread a virus than they would if they were in a ground, and in a few weeks when the clocks change and it starts getting colder they’ll all be packed inside the pub.
    It does seem incredible that people can sit close together in the confined space of pubs and restaurants, yey can't sit spaced in an open air stadium.
    Maybe all games should be in Perpignan

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Not happening in October by the look of it.
    So will the derby still be at the Pie dome?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I don't really get this "bubble in a pub" it had good intentions at first but it gets flouted a lot now, the new guidelines of pubs having to shut at 10-00pm is ridiculous are they saying Covid only comes out after 10-00pm.

What if this drags on and you can't attend games in sporting stadia for the 2021, what do people think about that, I'm usually a glass half full person but not so on this possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I don't really get this "bubble in a pub" it had good intentions at first but it gets flouted a lot now, the new guidelines of pubs having to shut at 10-00pm is ridiculous are they saying Covid only comes out after 10-00pm.

What if this drags on and you can't attend games in sporting stadia for the 2021, what do people think about that, I'm usually a glass half full person but not so on this possibility.
    I’d have a problem with commiting to a season ticket for next season if this situation continues. I’ve donated for this season but it’s asking a lot to pay for another one with limited hope of seeing any games. How would clubs cope without the bedrock of season ticket purchases?

On the first point, I think they’re assuming that the worst risks are later on when everyone has had a few and cannot control their urge to break social distancing rules, either by wanting to get in someone’s else’s trousers or to lamp someone. It shows an ignorance of centuries of British culture, where people simply work out the closing time and work backwards to the time they need to start in order to be leathered by closing time. Now people will just start their Saturday sessions a couple of hours earlier knowing they can still get Brahms and Liszt and be home in time for MOTD.

On the second point, something will have to give if stadiums are still closed in the New Year. The government doesn’t care about this issue because they’ll assume that sport being on and being available on TV is enough to pacify people right now, and they’re probably right for the time being. I think most people in their worst case scenarios are writing 2020 off in a lot of ways, but if we go into 2021 with no vaccine and the same restrictions I think things will change.

Televised sport on TV all day encourages people to start early in the pub and drink all day. Take last Saturday for example - Everton v WBA st lunchtime, followed by Saints then Wigan and then Man U v Palace - all over by 10 easily

Got A Season Ticket

On the first point, I think they’re assuming that the worst risks are later on when everyone has had a few and cannot control their urge to break social distancing rules, either by wanting to get in someone’s else’s trousers or to lamp someone. It shows an ignorance of centuries of British culture, where people simply work out the closing time and work backwards to the time they need to start in order to be leathered by closing time. Now people will just start their Saturday sessions a couple of hours earlier knowing they can still get Brahms and Liszt and be home in time for MOTD.

On the second point, something will have to give if stadiums are still closed in the New Year. The government doesn’t care about this issue because they’ll assume that sport being on and being available on TV is enough to pacify people right now, and they’re probably right for the time being. I think most people in their worst case scenarios are writing 2020 off in a lot of ways, but if we go into 2021 with no vaccine and the same restrictions I think things will change.
    I can see clubs going under if it becomes likely there will be no mass crowds in grounds anytime soon the season ticket sales will take a big hit for next season to add to the all ready financial struggles there will be next year

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    I can see clubs going under if it becomes likely there will be no mass crowds in grounds anytime soon the season ticket sales will take a big hit for next season to add to the all ready financial struggles there will be next year
    This is why I think things will change in the New Year if no vaccine is on the horizon. Fans desires to watch their teams means nothing to government, but the financial viability of entire sports will. We’re not quite there yet but it’s fast approaching.

Starting A Programme Collection

Interestingly Gloucester RU are allowing fans in tonight as the ruling comes in from October 1st. Seeing as the Wigan game is on the 30th September would this game still not be allowed fans in? Has the RFL confirmed no fans will be allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    Interestingly Gloucester RU are allowing fans in tonight as the ruling comes in from October 1st. Seeing as the Wigan game is on the 30th September would this game still not be allowed fans in? Has the RFL confirmed no fans will be allowed?
    Aren’t these games termed ‘trial events’ so they escape the rulings. The games at the Stoop and Kingsholm didn’t mean that it was carte blanche for all games to start having fans, but rather they were chosen events to trial it. Like the Brighton v Chelsea friendly a few weeks ago, which had 2-3k there as a trial event. It went fine, then the same teams played again at the same place in the PL last week with no fans there. It’s farcical.

Got A Replica Shirt

Aren’t these games termed ‘trial events’ so they escape the rulings. The games at the Stoop and Kingsholm didn’t mean that it was carte blanche for all games to start having fans, but rather they were chosen events to trial it. Like the Brighton v Chelsea friendly a few weeks ago, which had 2-3k there as a trial event. It went fine, then the same teams played again at the same place in the PL last week with no fans there. It’s farcical.
    I thought the talk was of delaying trial events immediately and scrapping the proposal on October 1st to allow grounds to be up to a third full. But by this evening it could all have changed again!

Quote Originally Posted by St Leigh View Post
    I thought the talk was of delaying trial events immediately and scrapping the proposal on October 1st to allow grounds to be up to a third full. But by this evening it could all have changed again!
    The October 1st start point could now extend out to next year, if the PM is seeing no significant change then the 6 months minimum means April 1st, 2021.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

To be fair, the current whack a mole approach, anything could happen.. I can't see it extended much further, I don't know how long people are willing to put up with the economy going down the drains and people losing jobs hand over fist

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

This is a awful time for professional sports clubs outside the FA Premier League. This could kill full time professional RL. I can't see crowds(anywhere near the crowds clubs need) for six months, I can also see the RL World Cup being put back a year with SL starting in April when hopefully we can have crowds. This is turning into a disaster for the economy, society and life as we knew it...

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    So will the derby still be at the Pie dome?
    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...iors/?ref=ebls

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    This is a awful time for professional sports clubs outside the FA Premier League. This could kill full time professional RL. I can't see crowds(anywhere near the crowds clubs need) for six months, I can also see the RL World Cup being put back a year with SL starting in April when hopefully we can have crowds. This is turning into a disaster for the economy, society and life as we knew it...
    If we are stuck with the six month mini lockdown, that means the new season would have to start in April to allow access for Season Ticket holders, even then I can't see full crowds being allowed in, there will probably be trials with a couple of thousand allowed in at first, unless they do that sort of thing earlier with other sports/grounds, either way I think it's doubtful whether the club can even contemplate offering season tickets for sale at the moment when they can't guarantee members access to the ground. I'm a natural pessimist but can anyone give a more optimistic view to cheer me up, I would hate to think that we are seeing the beginning of the end of full time professional rugby league, let's face it things weren't looking to good before the pandemic started with some of the attendances, semi derelict grounds, t.v revenue decreased etc

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I think the bigger impact is going to be even bigger for the likes of saints, we're not just an entertainment industry, we're a hospitality industry..

All those weddings, Christmas parties, conferences we've missed out will be massive.

To be honest, like everyone I'm completely hacked off by it all, the management has been disgraceful.. the plan was always not to overwhelm the NHS, somewhere along the line that's been lost

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    If we are stuck with the six month mini lockdown, that means the new season would have to start in April to allow access for Season Ticket holders, even then I can't see full crowds being allowed in, there will probably be trials with a couple of thousand allowed in at first, unless they do that sort of thing earlier with other sports/grounds, either way I think it's doubtful whether the club can even contemplate offering season tickets for sale at the moment when they can't guarantee members access to the ground. I'm a natural pessimist but can anyone give a more optimistic view to cheer me up, I would hate to think that we are seeing the beginning of the end of full time professional rugby league, let's face it things weren't looking to good before the pandemic started with some of the attendances, semi derelict grounds, t.v revenue decreased etc
    I reckon if we are not in the stadiums mid 2021 season we will be in serious trouble when the RL negotiate the next contract deal with SKY. Players already on reduced salaries and clubs on reduced income streams is not sustainable. It will the premier league clubs who will force the issue with the government, we talk of a second wave but there may also be a third or fourth wave.

The only future solution would be a 1 hour testing + result process say 3 days before a game, fans would be given a bar code health card which you take along with your ticket to gain admittance to the ground.

I reckon if we are not in the stadiums mid 2021 season we will be in serious trouble when the RL negotiate the next contract deal with SKY. Players already on reduced salaries and clubs on reduced income streams is not sustainable. It will the premier league clubs who will force the issue with the government, we talk of a second wave but there may also be a third or fourth wave.

The only future solution would be a 1 hour testing + result process say 3 days before a game, fans would be given a bar code health card which you take along with your ticket to gain admittance to the ground.
    Not quite the optimistic views I was hoping for! let's just hope that a vaccine appears on the horizon to rescue us, in the meantime it's honestly not because we are not in it, but is there any point in having the cup final at an empty Wembley now, it must cost a fair bit to arrange and I can't see the BBC or sponsors paying for the cost, if they are fair enough. The Rugby League is already cash strapped. There won't be any of the usual pre match celebrations except possibly a tape of Abide with me, so is there a point for both clubs traipsing down there when there is a stadium situated halfway between both towns

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Not quite the optimistic views I was hoping for! let's just hope that a vaccine appears on the horizon to rescue us, in the meantime it's honestly not because we are not in it, but is there any point in having the cup final at an empty Wembley now, it must cost a fair bit to arrange and I can't see the BBC or sponsors paying for the cost, if they are fair enough. The Rugby League is already cash strapped. There won't be any of the usual pre match celebrations except possibly a tape of Abide with me, so is there a point for both clubs traipsing down there when there is a stadium situated halfway between both towns
    It'll be contractual, just as they played the FA Cup Final and League play offs there.

V açai&)&)5

BBCw Betwz BBCWb W[mention]warringtonsaint [/mention]
    A Ivbb ik bjj kk Is 87
    BBC ebjn in i see bin