Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: carney bias

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The joke used to be that Clarke was a closet Saints fan. I don't know whether those sort of 'accusations' made him switch 180 degrees (or whether he tried extra hard to appear unbiased when he was still relatively new to TV work that he came across as liking Saints), but he became proper anti-Saints, having a dig at every opportunity.
    There was a time he'd play up to his supposed Anti Saints bias, I remember him being interviewed in front of the Pop side at Knowsley Road wearing a Saints badge and getting ribbed for it. As others have said he was solid when he first started but the game has passed him by now and he hasn't kept up. That said he is still miles better than tweedles dee and dum.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I’m going to go against the grain a little here but Clarke doesn’t bother me at all. He is a bit daft with some of the stuff he says but he’s the panto villain. He says some daft stuff about teams trying to drum up some entertainment and it’s all tongue in cheek, he’s not serious. I remember all the crap thrown at Steve and Eddie but I’d have them back in a heartbeat..... but I wouldn’t bin Clarke, just remember he’s almost comic relief (and bias? He said last years Saints team were the best of the SuperLeague era.....)

Baz is so passionate about the game, hugely involved in the SPF and other charity work in and out of RL, very supportive of the amateur game in Oldham/Rochdale and most of his knowledge is his own, he does a lot of his own research and knows so many of the players personally. I think he’s better without Tez because they sometimes descend into a bit of a caricature. He has character that most of the others don’t have and he enjoys the game along with the supporters. Nearly signed for Saints BTW before he went to Wigan..... and again before Leeds.

Carney I can take or leave, he really does seem to stutter over words and I feel his spot should be reduced but I don’t feel he’s particularly biased and he would be a loss. I’d put Wilkin straight in to that spot and put Carney in at lead commentator instead of Arthur who can’t get the players names right.

Tez doesn’t have the knowledge or the passion Baz has and it shows when they are together. I’m not sure where that leaves him.

Jenna is excellent.

That brings me to Wells.

As noted before, I think he’s started recently to have an agenda against most teams, and he has a platform to gradually further his own team. It’s never more obvious than when Saints are playing. When he used to do the big screen I really enjoyed it but now he seems to spend more time pushing his own/his clubs agenda and shouldn’t be allowed. It’s insidious now how much he does it and I no longer listen to anything he says because it’s not even anywhere near impartial. I’d have to say reduce him to post match analysis but not when Cas are playing, it’s a simple conflict of interest.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    The Margin Meter wasn't it?!
    That was the one. The worst gimmick I have ever seen.

Got A Season Ticket

I just wish Tez would learn to say "three things" instead of "free fings"

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    I just wish Tez would learn to say "three things" instead of "free fings"
    Also Wigan instead of Wiggin!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Can't hold that against him, there can't be many people in St Helens who pronounce the a in Wigan either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Can't hold that against him, there can't be many people in St Helens who pronounce the a in Wigan either.
    I have lived outside of the UK much longer than inside, and I still don't pronounce it as A.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I have lived in the Wigan Borough for 30 years now and most of the locals near me pronounce it WIGUN, sometimes I and quite a few Athletic fans call the fans WIGOONS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I have lived in the Wigan Borough for 30 years now and most of the locals near me pronounce it WIGUN,

But they generally talk like they're a retard from the 19th century.

And can't pronounce St Helens properly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    ar**holes?

In The South Stand

There’s an argument that Wiggin is the older and correct pronunciation.

I don’t mind the way they speak. I dread the time when everyone speaks either Estuary English or the mock Caribbean South London accent adopted by kids everywhere. I love dialect and accents.

Aaaannnd

Wells doesn’t let me down, assassinating Kev for a swinging arm into a falling player... making a big deal about whether the judiciary will have a look at it
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Aaaannnd

Wells doesn’t let me down, assassinating Kev for a swinging arm into a falling player... making a big deal about whether the judiciary will have a look at it
    His comment in the first 20 minutes about KR keeping Walmsley quiet when he was the only player making any metres was a particular highlight.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

He soon started stuttering when Carney confronted him about changing his mind over it. All a load of clowns, why can’t sky see this, do they watch the commentary and see what complete biased idiots who are spoiling sky rugby..????????

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mr chips View Post
    He soon started stuttering when Carney confronted him about changing his mind over it. All a load of clowns, why can’t sky see this, do they watch the commentary and see what complete biased idiots who are spoiling sky rugby..????????
    How do you watch commentary?

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Aaaannnd

Nothing wrong with suggesting it was an orange card?. Sky should get shut and the sooner the better. I do not know how they can employ someone with such a blatant conflict of interest.