Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Line up v Huddersfield

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Fully agree with you, his last 4 games have earmarked him as one of the best props in the game.
    Keep it up Marra
    Just imagine how good he could be if he was as skillful as Jammer ......

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Nah - for me both Greenwood and Savelio have shown since leaving that we called it right.

Bentley is looking very much like the real deal, though.
    Agree on both counts. Greenwood and Savelio both thought they were the complete article and wanted to jump straight to the NRL before proving themselves and that was their undoing, nothing to do with the clubs handling of them it was their own lofty ambitions.

Being fair, Greenwood has landed on his feet at Wigan with a GF win under his belt but Savelio (“the new sonny Bill Williams” according to his agent) has been more like Kenneth Williams
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    "I've come to fix the fridge"

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Pre lockdown (especially the Cas game) we looked as though we weren't playing for the coach. I think Jammer has been a massive influence since coming back and could be the missing link between coach & players. Carney mentioned how Graham was coaching Grace from the side line after his first stint. The guy never shuts up for the full 80 minutes, must be great to play alongside.
    I'd agree with this. For me the players hadn't bought into his methods, all the wrestling and slowing things down and he doesn't come across as someone who makes easy connections with others, wanting to force his ideas through, just a guess. Whereas Jammer seems to be the opposite. Clearly buys into the club in every way, leader for sure and an obvious affinity with the other players. He has their respect while I'm not sure the coach had earned it. The turnaround for me has been led by Jammer, without him we'd still be struggling big style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Nah - for me both Greenwood and Savelio have shown since leaving that we called it right.

Bentley is looking very much like the real deal, though.
    I always liked Greenwood. His games gone to s*** since he returned from Oz but i would have signed him back in a heartbeat over Joel Thompson if i thought his attitude was right.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Season Ticket The Meister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    He reminds me of Fairleigh, hard.
    Think he looks more like Major Chip Hazard from the Commando Elite - Small Soldiers Movie
    “With great power comes great responsibility”

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I always liked Greenwood. His games gone to s*** since he returned from Oz but i would have signed him back in a heartbeat over Joel Thompson if i thought his attitude was right.
    Thing with Greenwood for me is, he never seems to run his size or weight. He is a unit. But more often than not he doesn’t run with enough conviction for me. I know a few Wigan fans who think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Meister View Post
    Think he looks more like Major Chip Hazard from the Commando Elite - Small Soldiers Movie
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick...ck_Spanner.jpg

I thought Aaron Smith had a good game. Its not easy filling Robys boots and he likely never will, but he’s a lively 9. He always looks switched on around the ruck, on shoulders, and ready for any offloads to get second phase attacks going. I thought he played well yesterday.

I thought Aaron Smith had a good game. Its not easy filling Robys boots and he likely never will, but he’s a lively 9. He always looks switched on around the ruck, on shoulders, and ready for any offloads to get second phase attacks going. I thought he played well yesterday.
    He already looks better than most 9's in SL. Yesterday I would put him in my top 3 with Coote and Bentley

It did crack me up when Kenny Edwards was having a little go at Warmsley haha! When Engy scored, Edwards came flying in from the side with a shoulder, Engy gets up, smiles and lobs the ball at him. Brilliant.

I just don’t think Greenwood has the mentality of a top player. When he’s on it he’s outstanding, but too often he’s just passive and the game passes him by.

I just don’t think Greenwood has the mentality of a top player. When he’s on it he’s outstanding, but too often he’s just passive and the game passes him by.
    Yeh fair comment pal

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Just keeps on making the same mistake of putting his head in the wrong place and getting whacked.

I like Smith and think he will go on to be our future starting 9 , but i just dont want his brain to be a pile of smashed mince before hes 30 either.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I always see him in not having enough aggression for his size, Bentley at 5' 9" can show him what's required.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Just keeps on making the same mistake of putting his head in the wrong place and getting whacked.

I like Smith and think he will go on to be our future starting 9 , but i just dont want his brain to be a pile of smashed mince before hes 30 either.
    Not a lot he could do about that one - the elbow dropped down on top of his head.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Not a lot he could do about that one - the elbow dropped down on top of his head.
    True, but he does seem to get a lot of head knocks.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMCMXCIV View Post
    Thing with Greenwood for me is, he never seems to run his size or weight. He is a unit. But more often than not he doesn’t run with enough conviction for me. I know a few Wigan fans who think the same.
    I didn't see what the fuss was about before he left. Occasionally he'd run a good angle near the opposing try line but that was about it. One of the most over-rated players of his time.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

No way he could have avoided that one.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I always see him in not having enough aggression for his size, Bentley at 5' 9" can show him what's required.
    According to Saints website, he has grown 2" since we signed him??

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    No way he could have avoided that one.
    Yeah, had a few last night where he was checked over, 2nd top tackler also..

I'm not sure if he'll be good enough for our next permanent hooker, however at this stage in his career he's doing well and I'm more than happy to see how he gets on.

He's learning from the best anyway

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I didn't see what the fuss was about before he left. Occasionally he'd run a good angle near the opposing try line but that was about it. One of the most over-rated players of his time.
    I'm with you Dave, I think he got a lot of support from people suggesting Wilkin was hindering his development..

I'm not suggesting for a minute he is, but always looks a bit soft going into tackles, with zero aggression or fight in him

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Yeah, had a few last night where he was checked over, 2nd top tackler also..

I'm not sure if he'll be good enough for our next permanent hooker, however at this stage in his career he's doing well and I'm more than happy to see how he gets on.

He's learning from the best anyway

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    I don't think we can expect another Roby,as much as we would all love that, but right now he is probably the best of his age group.
    It was good to hear Woolf say that Dodd will get a run out in the next couple of weeks.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post

Problem was he had a few good games at left 2nd row then Cunningham decided to play him almost exclusively at right 2nd row. Looked half the player. Seemed to have potential but bang average how, can only hope he’s taking up as much salary at Wigan as possible.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    According to Saints website, he has grown 2" since we signed him??
    Extra training with TMak