Jungle Out There Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55

Thread: Huddersfield

  1. #26
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    4,379
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Thought that was only for August?
    It was but I've used it to tell them I need the September one. I'm not aware of anyone receiving the September access code and the game is tomorrow.

  2. #27
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,964
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Something like that. Just push RL off the normal channels because the people who pay for it are an unimportant minority.
    Nothing to do with the thread title, but following on from your post and others. I get annoyed when I see things advertised on Sky as SL and it turns out to be Womens Netball.
    I just had a look for Sky Viewing figures for sports. I couldn't find any actual figures, but there are a couple of articles from Sky and provincial newspapers saying that RL viewing is up anywhere, depending who you believe, from 16 to 25% since the lockdown (probably influenced by no crowds at games). I found this article on NFL figures. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...re-overstated/

  3. #28
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Nothing to do with the thread title, but following on from your post and others. I get annoyed when I see things advertised on Sky as SL and it turns out to be Womens Netball.
    I just had a look for Sky Viewing figures for sports. I couldn't find any actual figures, but there are a couple of articles from Sky and provincial newspapers saying that RL viewing is up anywhere, depending who you believe, from 16 to 25% since the lockdown (probably influenced by no crowds at games). I found this article on NFL figures. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...re-overstated/
    I'm getting sick of this whole pushing crap like netball, yank sports, speedway and the like, then all the BLM none stop on Sky, women's sports too. I know that probably sounds quite narrow minded but I pay for sports I enjoy, not mixed pairs bisexual disabled tabled tennis, not that there's anything wrong with that but I don't want to bloody watch it.

  4. #29
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    577
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    People may laugh but we are being brainwashed.

  5. #30
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,412
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Nothing to do with the thread title, but following on from your post and others. I get annoyed when I see things advertised on Sky as SL and it turns out to be Womens Netball.
    I just had a look for Sky Viewing figures for sports. I couldn't find any actual figures, but there are a couple of articles from Sky and provincial newspapers saying that RL viewing is up anywhere, depending who you believe, from 16 to 25% since the lockdown (probably influenced by no crowds at games). I found this article on NFL figures. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...re-overstated/
    You can find them on BARB.

    The four (relatively) big ratings we've had since lockdown are below.

    244,400 - 2 Aug - Huddersfield v Leeds (Headingley)
    174,500 - 16 Aug - Saints v Castleford (LP)
    172,900 - 16 Aug - Wigan v Leeds (LP)
    153,700 - 2 Aug - Saints v Catalans (Headingley)

    The Leeds v Saints game on 9 Aug will likely be in and around that number, but ratings aren't available for that week yet for some reason.

    Pre-lockdown we had these kinds of ratings...

    245,700 - 30 Jan - Wigan v Warrington (first game of the season)
    220,300 - 15 Mar - Castleford v Saints (last game before lockdown)
    156,600 - 22 Feb - WCC Saints v Roosters

    The difference now is that the crap games are still rating around 100,000 but before lockdown they could be as low as 50-70,000. There are just more people at home to watch the games, and no fans off at other games. The potential audience for a SL regular season game seems to be about 250,000 because that was about what we got for the season opener and the first game back after lockdown. That's the limit to our appeal it seems outside of a Grand Final.

  6. #31
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    People may laugh but we are being brainwashed.
    Been happening since before June 2016, mate

    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  7. #32
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,964
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    You can find them on BARB.

    The four (relatively) big ratings we've had since lockdown are below.

    244,400 - 2 Aug - Huddersfield v Leeds (Headingley)
    174,500 - 16 Aug - Saints v Castleford (LP)
    172,900 - 16 Aug - Wigan v Leeds (LP)
    153,700 - 2 Aug - Saints v Catalans (Headingley)

    The Leeds v Saints game on 9 Aug will likely be in and around that number, but ratings aren't available for that week yet for some reason.

    Pre-lockdown we had these kinds of ratings...

    245,700 - 30 Jan - Wigan v Warrington (first game of the season)
    220,300 - 15 Mar - Castleford v Saints (last game before lockdown)
    156,600 - 22 Feb - WCC Saints v Roosters

    The difference now is that the crap games are still rating around 100,000 but before lockdown they could be as low as 50-70,000. There are just more people at home to watch the games, and no fans off at other games. The potential audience for a SL regular season game seems to be about 250,000 because that was about what we got for the season opener and the first game back after lockdown. That's the limit to our appeal it seems outside of a Grand Final.
    Thanks. I knew that you had quoted figures previously, but I had never heard of BARB.

  8. #33
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    under the laughing tree
    Posts
    1,063
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I’m not a fan of the name Super League, i still call it Rugby League but not Super League or Rugby. Why can’t the people running the sport call the top division the BetFred Rugby League Premier Division.

  9. #34
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Right side of the track
    Posts
    1,581
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I’m not a fan of the name Super League, i still call it Rugby League but not Super League or Rugby. Why can’t the people running the sport call the top division the BetFred Rugby League Premier Division.




    I believe there’s a Super league in basketball as well. Bit daft really.

  10. #35
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,682
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm getting sick of this whole pushing crap like netball, yank sports, speedway and the like, then all the BLM none stop on Sky, women's sports too. I know that probably sounds quite narrow minded but I pay for sports I enjoy, not mixed pairs bisexual disabled tabled tennis, not that there's anything wrong with that but I don't want to bloody watch it.
    Well said mate. Regarding the "taking the knee", how long is that going to go on for? This season? Next season. I just don't believe that they would have been able to do it if there were fans in the stadia. I'm not sure they would have received a positive reaction, especially from football fans.

  11. #36
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Ashton
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi Belgian Saint
    I used to work for Barb 25 yrs until I retired, they have a panel of around 7000 homes in the country who have monitoring equipment connected to their TVs, Sats etc. they use demographics to try and make it representative but I doubt they concern themselves with asking the sample if they watch rugby league or any sport for that matter. It is also largely dependent on the people in the home to log in via a remote control to show who is watching, in my experience the younger generation could not be bothered so I doubt the viewing figures are very accurate when it comes to sport

  12. #37
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Well said mate. Regarding the "taking the knee", how long is that going to go on for?

    Until racist policemen stop killing/injuring black men?

    Saying that, we have much less of a problem over here - not least because we don't fetishise guns, and I also believe our police are way, way better and fairer than your average American cop. The BLM issue in the UK is therefore more of a general anti-racism movement. That's fine and justified to an extent, but piggybacking the BLM movement creates confusion and allows certain people with certain agendas to dismiss the entire thing as pointless rubbish, when there is a message within that needs to be heard.

    And I also think the knee-bending and saturation coverage by Sky some others (which I think is merely PR fluff anyway) has reached the stage now where it's being counter-productive and making people less receptive (indeed sometimes antagonistic, as this thread demonstrates) towards the whole concept.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  13. #38
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I’m not a fan of the name Super League, i still call it Rugby League but not Super League or Rugby. Why can’t the people running the sport call the top division the BetFred Rugby League Premier Division.
    We won't be allowed to call it 'rugby' anymore, as the rugby yawnion s are increasingly appropriating the word for their universal use. Already nearly all news and media outlets refer to yawnion as 'rugby' and league as 'rugby league'. It's like it's accepted that those tossers have the right to the term 'rugby', whilst us northern oiks have to make clear ours is an inferior copy.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  14. #39
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,782
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Until racist policemen stop killing/injuring black men?

    Saying that, we have much less of a problem over here - not least because we don't fetishise guns, and I also believe our police are way, way better and fairer than your average American cop. The BLM issue in the UK is therefore more of a general anti-racism movement. That's fine and justified to an extent, but piggybacking the BLM movement creates confusion and allows certain people with certain agendas to dismiss the entire thing as pointless rubbish, when there is a message within that needs to be heard.

    And I also think the knee-bending and saturation coverage by Sky some others (which I think is merely PR fluff anyway) has reached the stage now where it's being counter-productive and making people less receptive (indeed sometimes antagonistic, as this thread demonstrates) towards the whole concept.
    Police brutality in America is a problem but they kill plenty white men too. That doesn’t get reported because it doesn’t fit the MSM narrative.
    96% of black men killed by police in America were harmed at the time.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  15. #40
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    504
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Until racist policemen stop killing/injuring black men?
    And how do you evidence that those actions were done with racism as the primary motivating factor? For every George Floyd there is a Timothy Coffman, but many people wont know that name, because it doesnt fit the narrative. I am not going to dispute that some were done with racism as the main reason for the act, but to just default to any killing of a black person by a police officer as automatically racist irrespective of the situation is just lunacy.

  16. #41
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,782
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    When George Floyd died i saw a policeman killing another man. Lefty media made it white killing black. 4 officers were present when he died. One white, one Hispanic, one Asian and one mix raced. Hardly the definition of a racist attack imo.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  17. #42
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I’m not a fan of the name Super League, i still call it Rugby League but not Super League or Rugby. Why can’t the people running the sport call the top division the BetFred Rugby League Premier Division.
    Because that name is equally as crap?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  18. #43
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bury
    Posts
    855
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    back to the game tomorrow, looks like Huddersfield will only have 16 players on duty due to injuries

  19. #44
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,964
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dash Riprock View Post
    Hi Belgian Saint
    I used to work for Barb 25 yrs until I retired, they have a panel of around 7000 homes in the country who have monitoring equipment connected to their TVs, Sats etc. they use demographics to try and make it representative but I doubt they concern themselves with asking the sample if they watch rugby league or any sport for that matter. It is also largely dependent on the people in the home to log in via a remote control to show who is watching, in my experience the younger generation could not be bothered so I doubt the viewing figures are very accurate when it comes to sport
    Thanks Mate. I had never heard of it so to hear it is at least 25 years old is a surprise, though I have been out of the UK for much longer.

  20. #45
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,964
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Police brutality in America is a problem but they kill plenty white men too. That doesn’t get reported because it doesn’t fit the MSM narrative.
    96% of black men killed by police in America were harmed at the time.
    If they were killed, they were definitely harmed. Maybe they were also armed.

  21. #46
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,964
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    And how do you evidence that those actions were done with racism as the primary motivating factor? For every George Floyd there is a Timothy Coffman, but many people wont know that name, because it doesnt fit the narrative. I am not going to dispute that some were done with racism as the main reason for the act, but to just default to any killing of a black person by a police officer as automatically racist irrespective of the situation is just lunacy.
    You are right, if a Black kills a white that does not follow the agenda, though it is far more common.

  22. #47
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,782
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    If they were killed, they were definitely harmed. Maybe they were also armed.
    Whoops. ‘Armed’ i meant.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  23. #48
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Police brutality in America is a problem but they kill plenty white men too. That doesn’t get reported because it doesn’t fit the MSM narrative.
    96% of black men killed by police in America were harmed at the time.

    Not true.

    According to official statistics, 85.2% were armed. 90.6% of white men killed by police were armed (but this is a bit of a misnomer anyway, because the majority of police killings - regardless of race - relate to 'gun fights' or armed robberies where the assailant is by definition armed. You really don't get many cases of white men being shot as they go about their business or have their neck knelt on for several minutes until they die)

    32% of all police killings of civilians were black; 52% white.

    12.7% of Americans are black; 73.0% are white.

    If you are black, you are almost 3x more likely to be killed by police than if you were white, despite it being less likely that you were armed.



    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6080222/
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  24. #49
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    You are right, if a Black kills a white that does not follow the agenda, though it is far more common.
    Apparently blacks killing blacks is the biggest proportion by far but that won't support the agenda either.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #50
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,782
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Not true.

    According to official statistics, 85.2% were armed. 90.6% of white men killed by police were armed (but this is a bit of a misnomer anyway, because the majority of police killings - regardless of race - relate to 'gun fights' or armed robberies where the assailant is by definition armed. You really don't get many cases of white men being shot as they go about their business or have their neck knelt on for several minutes until they die)

    32% of all police killings of civilians were black; 52% white.

    12.7% of Americans are black; 73.0% are white.

    If you are black, you are almost 3x more likely to be killed by police than if you were white, despite it being less likely that you were armed.



    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6080222/
    Yeh ok. Bottom line, the American police kill plenty white men too. Sometimes justified, sometimes not. 5 white men could get killed by police and it wouldn’t get a mention. One black man gets shot and CNN are all over it. All this coverage does is stir up racial tensions and dissuades a lot of black communities from taking any accountability for their poor decisions. BLM, left wing media, CNN etc do nothing for black folk in America except keep them on the victimisation plantation.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •