Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: NRL Targets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NRL Targets

Banned

Up and coming coach Justin Holbrook and out of form journeyman Luke Thompson please.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Interesting that Woolf is falling back to the player pool he knows.

Coote
    Makinson Naiqama Percival Grace
    Lomax Fages
    Walmsley Roby Asiata
    Thompson Bentley
    Knowles

Smith LMS Afoa Lees

Replace one with Homesick Luke if you believe the rumours

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Can't say I've seen much of Afoa but Asiata is similar to Paulo imo. The last time I paid much notice to him was a shocking display for Tonga where he played in the halves

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Can't say I've seen much of Afoa but Asiata is similar to Paulo imo. The last time I paid much notice to him was a shocking display for Tonga where he played in the halves
    I would rather we got an out and out prop or an out and out 2nd row. We have other played that can cover halfback ect,we don't need another jack of all trades.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    I would rather we got an out and out prop or an out and out 2nd row. We have other played that can cover halfback ect,we don't need another jack of all trades.
    We have signed Joel Thompson for next season and he will play 2nd row and hopefully Bentley will continue to improve to secure the 2nd spot for his own.

As you say we deffo need some forwards to refresh the pack next season. Peyroux is OOC and replaceble. Taia is leaving, as is Jammer and possibly Ashworth. Batchelor isn't good enough and LMS is getting on and starting to show it a bit. Paulo is solid at best although I don't think he is half as bad as some say on here.

I don't know a lot about the players we are linked with but it is good to see that Woolf is concentrating on recruiting forwards.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We have signed Joel Thompson for next season and he will play 2nd row and hopefully Bentley will continue to improve to secure the 2nd spot for his own.

As you say we deffo need some forwards to refresh the pack next season. Peyroux is OOC and replaceble. Taia is leaving, as is Jammer and possibly Ashworth. Batchelor isn't good enough and LMS is getting on and starting to show it a bit. Paulo is solid at best although I don't think he is half as bad as some say on here.

I don't know a lot about the players we are linked with but it is good to see that Woolf is concentrating on recruiting forwards.

Lots of bits and pieces as you say.

Peyroux , Jammer , Costello ,Ashworth are OOC
    LMS , Amor going going gone ?
    1 year left on Paulo.
    Batchelor ? Will he be given a go.

Bar Costello all forwards.

Light on backs coming through. The only one with real promise is being held in the wings (no pun intended).

Some interesting decisions.

For me the themes of recruitment should be

(i) Lower the age profile of the squad with English players if possible. 2 of Peyroux, LMS Amor to go.
    Offload Paulo if possible.

(ii) Other than Thompson go for Running second rows. Batchelor and Bentley could be that pair.
    Either way make a decision on Batchelor one way or another.

(iii) Restore the balance between forwards and backs. (A development winger to supplement Simm).

(iv) A decent prop to pair with Big Al who can start or bench to mix and match with Lees.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

As you say we deffo need some forwards to refresh the pack next season. Peyroux is OOC and replaceble. Taia is leaving, as is Jammer and possibly Ashworth. Batchelor isn't good enough and LMS is getting on and starting to show it a bit. Paulo is solid at best although ink hI don't the is half as bad as sosay on here. me

Paulo has hardly ever played since he signed . When he has , he really is as bad as everyone says.