Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Betting today

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Default Betting today

What's peoples thoughts on the score today? - 22 saints at bookies looks a great bet to me. I could be wrong..

Banned

Us and Wire -22, and Huddersfield -6 as a treble is a very attractive price. I'm going with that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Sounds about right, I would like Hull KR to be nilled but its not easy to get 3 consecutive zeros.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Sounds about right, I would like Hull KR to be nilled but its not easy to get 3 consecutive zeros.
    It might even get a mention on Sky if we do that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Us and Wire -22, and Huddersfield -6 as a treble is a very attractive price. I'm going with that.
    Same here but we might have to wait until 80th minute the way it's going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legman View Post

Can't bloody see it the way we're playing and our total lack of threequaters, including Naiqama and Grace.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legman View Post

Can't bloody see it the way we're playing and our total lack of threequaters, including Naiqama and Grace.

Banned

What the •••• is he kicking this for, don't they realise we have money on this.

Learning All The Songs

What the •••• is he kicking this for, don't they realise we have money on this.

The Mick Fitzgerald of RL tipsters, you are brutal.
    I don`t think Wire will do them by 22 either I fancied going against all of them you talked me the other way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post

The Mick Fitzgerald of RL tipsters, you are brutal.
    I don`t think Wire will do them by 22 either I fancied going against all of them you talked me the other way.
    Coote will be getting an early morning knock and run tomorrow for that.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Did a double on saints-22 and hudd -8 oh dear....... warrington rescued me -32 at 3/1. They should of won by 60 but bombed 4 easy chances.

Banned

Tried to cover my stunning bet with this. Went well.....

Darnell McIntosh or Ashton Golding to be 1st Tryscorer (was 5/1)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Did a double on saints-22 and hudd -8 oh dear....... warrington rescued me -32 at 3/1. They should of won by 60 but bombed 4 easy chances.
    I believe there was also a sighting of the Lesser Spotted Widdop, resplendent in blue and yellow livery.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Do you ever wonder why you don't see poor bookmakers?
    Or why gamblers, who according to them win more than they lose are not living in mansions?

Nip down to GA some night and listen to the stories of how many have lost their jobs, homes, wives, kids etc. I went to support someone I know a few years ago, it was heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Do you ever wonder why you don't see poor bookmakers?
    Or why gamblers, who according to them win more than they lose are not living in mansions?

Nip down to GA some night and listen to the stories of how many have lost their jobs, homes, wives, kids etc. I went to support someone I know a few years ago, it was heartbreaking.

Yes it is but I think the lads above were just having a flutter on the rugby Rogues.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Yes it is but I think the lads above were just having a flutter on the rugby Rogues.
    I know, but some of those at that meeting were "only" having a flutter on football, I was gobsmacked and felt so sorry for them, moreso one young lady who had come to support her husband. Some of the stories were horrendous, borrowing and stealing from family and friends.

What is worse now is that it's rammed down your throat in tv advertising. Kids are being brainwashed.

Learning All The Songs

I know, but some of those at that meeting were "only" having a flutter on football, I was gobsmacked and felt so sorry for them, moreso one young lady who had come to support her husband. Some of the stories were horrendous, borrowing and stealing from family and friends.

What is worse now is that it's rammed down your throat in tv advertising. Kids are being brainwashed.
    Just the same at AA meetings. Lads that only went to the pub with their mates for a couple of shandies, but the majority of people drink without a having a problem. It's the same with gambling.

Learning All The Songs

Rogues, I enjoy reading your views on Wigan and Rugby League in general.
    You have a point on gambling reference damage it can do, advertisement and target group but for all that it is still legal.
    Words such as horrendous, stealing and borrowing are often used by gamblers and their loved ones.
    I think it may be better use of those words to aim at illegal drug users, dealers and Rugby clubs such as Wigan and St. Helens that allow players back into the game after such drug use. Young boys shot dead for less than a €200 debt that is then quadrupled and forced upon retired grieving grandparents who have to take a loan to pay the dealers. These boys who were drug runners for rugby players who enjoy "a bit of snow" or "devils dandruff" after a game.
    Until gambling is illegal it is better you aim your moral compass at our sports clubs and governing body because quite frankly a €5 bet on the outcome of a triple header pales into real insignificance.

Banned

I love a bet; especially having given been up on the bookies down the years.

Ive never really backed football nor RL that often. Bookies want punters to back thise because there is often so little value in the bet and if you want to make profit not loss, value is key.
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 1st September 2020 at 23:40.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    I love a bet; especially having given been up on the bookies down the years.

Ive never really backed football nor RL that often. Bookies want punters to back thise because there is often so little value in the bet and if you want to make profit not loss, value is key.
    Same here, I don't bet for profit, I bet because I enjoy the buzz although I generally do ok with football (not so much RL).

I don't need some self righteous knobhead telling me what I'm legally doing is wrong, especially when his hobbies include stalking young rugby players and posting a on website where he's almost universally disliked. F**k off you silly old inbred nonce.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 2nd September 2020 at 10:45. Reason: RG hiding in the bushes

Banned

Same here, I don't bet for profit, I bet because I enjoy the buzz although I generally do ok with football (not so much RL).

I don't need some self righteous knobhead telling me what I'm legally doing is wrong, especially when his hobbies include stalking young rugby players and posting a on website where he's almost universally disliked. F**k off you silly old inbred nonce.
    Yeah there is a buzz with doing your reasearch, finding your angle and it all coming together after you place your stake. It doesn’t even have to be big bucks just the satisfaction of a well placed punt.

The moral righteousness of it all is bonkers and the arguments are crackers. By the same logic should we ban driving because some people drive too fast, or dog ownership because a small minority are irresponsible or cruel? Crackers.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Just the same at AA meetings. Lads that only went to the pub with their mates for a couple of shandies, but the majority of people drink without a having a problem. It's the same with gambling.
    I think there are a lot more people out there with a secret gambling problem than you would think.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Yeah there is a buzz with doing your reasearch, finding your angle and it all coming together after you place your stake. It doesn’t even have to be big bucks just the satisfaction of a well placed punt.

The moral righteousness of it all is bonkers and the arguments are crackers. By the same logic should we ban driving because some people drive too fast, or dog ownership because a small minority are irresponsible or cruel? Crackers.
    You have to take a test before you can drive though.

A former Rugby Union player came into our work on International mens day a couple of years ago and his story was horrific. He won a huge amount on a coupon and rather than put it away started to make higher bets before realising it had all gone. He then started to chase the money back and ended up with a massive debt, using savings and mortgage payments to try and chase further losses.

I gamble a little but do so within my limits in what I am willing to lose as we probably all do on here. I hate the targeted advertising though and the little flashes of "gamble aware" don't go far enough to warn people of excesses.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    I think there are a lot more people out there with a secret gambling problem than you would think.
    I bet there is !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    I bet there is !
    I have a bet once a year on the national might as well throw your money down the drain for me