Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad v Hull KR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Can agree why you say that but for me bentley has made it his own and shouldnt be taken of him just because peryoux is back
    I agree with this and the players themselves will at least accept it. If you take a position off a player doing well then it affects motivation all round. You should normally lose a shirt through a drop off in performance not as a convenience to the coach who should be man managing the situation. I think Costello will play as he's not an unknown & steady. My main focus is wing simply to see what logic if any KW applies to his selection both from a perspective of this next match and going forwards with squad development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I’d be amazed if that’s the case mate. It’ll be Costello at centre and Bentley at back row I reckon. Peyroux might not even make the 17. But I’d be shocked if either of those two line up at centre from what Woolf has said.
    About right I'd say.

Looks like Costello at centre and Elton on the wing.

Personally I would have gone with Batchelor at left centre Simm at right centre , Kev N to wing.

Tom nisbet seems to be the only other wing in the squad.

No idea if he is seen as a prospect or not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Yeh but Bentley is a much better centre than Peyroux pal. By some margin too!! When a team has injuries its all about damage limitation. Bentley defended well in the centre the other week. He is way more versatile than Peyroux. Peyroux at centre? Good God do you lot remember the Cunningham days??
    We definitely don't want Peyroux at centre, that's for certain.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I’d be amazed if that’s the case mate. It’ll be Costello at centre and Bentley at back row I reckon. Peyroux might not even make the 17. But I’d be shocked if either of those two line up at centre from what Woolf has said.
    Yeh thats definitely a possibility pal. Has Peyroux genuinly been injured the past month or has he drowned some kittens in a canal?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

I suppose its good to have the strength in depth to even make this topic relevant chaps. We have plenty options. Thats a good position to be in
    Last edited by fishy3005; 28th August 2020 at 21:01.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Yeh thats definitely a possibility pal. Has Peyroux genuinly been injured the past month or has he drowned some kittens in a canal?
    Woolf said he was injured, then ill and then got a reoccurrence of the injury.

Halfway down here pal:

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...-debate-covid/
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Woolf said he was injured, then ill and then got a reoccurrence of the injury.

Halfway down here pal:

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...-debate-covid/
    Yeh im aware of all the official blab, pal. I just thought maybe somebody knew whether or not theirs something more to it haha

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Looks like Costello at centre and Elton on the wing.

Personally I would have gone with Batchelor at left centre Simm at right centre , Kev N to wing.

Tom nisbet seems to be the only other wing in the squad.

No idea if he is seen as a prospect or not.
    I believe Rizelli is a winger?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Has anybody got connection problems with Ourleague which is doing the livestream of the game, when I try to go on the website it tells me its lost its certificate on the 30th August and is no longer available.

EDIT: Fixed, Expiry Date reset via Apple OS.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 30th August 2020 at 09:37.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

As predicted, Welsby and Costello come in for Makinson and Percival.

Knowles is missing so Peyroux on the bench, Lees at prop and Graham at 13.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Really not sure why it’s so hard to pick players in their proper positions, Welsby isn’t a threequarter.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Banned

•••• sake.

Learning All The Songs

Naiqama and Welsby together on the right edge is a disaster waiting to happen defensively. Luckily Hull KR are crap and we should get away with it but I can’t believe that choice. And if Simm isn’t gettting a game against such a poor side then when is he? On the bright side, at least Bentley starts again.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    •••• sake.
    I second that emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Naiqama and Welsby together on the right edge is a disaster waiting to happen defensively. Luckily Hull KR are crap and we should get away with it but I can’t believe that choice. And if Simm isn’t gettting a game against such a poor side then when is he? On the bright side, at least Bentley starts again.
    Naiqama seems to be having a poor season so far, not scored any tries since the first game of the season, his last 5 games no clean breaks and very little tackle busts. He needs to pull his socks up now that Welsby is on his outside because he hasn't been giving Makinson a good service either.

If Welsby has a poor game then I can see Simm getting an opportunity next week, its all part of the competition for a starting spot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    I second that emotion.
    You know what, I cut Woolfe some slack after the early season and thought he'd realised his mistakes but this bloody stupid. I can understand going with Costello but not with a slow half back that can't catch or tackle on the wing. I really can't think what he possibly offers and if he's genuinely better than Simm or Rizzelli on the wing we need stop blowing smoke up our own arses about our famous academy system.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Naiqama seems to be having a poor season so far, not scored any tries since the first game of the season, his last 5 games no clean breaks and very little tackle busts. He needs to pull his socks up now that Welsby is on his outside because he hasn't been giving Makinson a good service either.

If Welsby has a poor game then I can see Simm getting an opportunity next week, its all part of the competition for a starting spot.
    Welsby had his chance and made a total bollocks of it. Aside from the fact it's totally out of position for him.

Welsby had his chance and made a total bollocks of it. Aside from the fact it's totally out of position for him.
    Its totally out of position for Simm as well, my guess is that when Percival comes back in a couple of weeks Woolf will introduce Simm at centre with Naiqama going on the wing, he won't have Costello and Simm as centres at the moment.

Banned

Its totally out of position for Simm as well, my guess is that when Percival comes back in a couple of weeks Woolf will introduce Simm at centre with Naiqama going on the wing, he won't have Costello and Simm as centres at the moment.
    Fair enough but it's not out of position for Rizzelli. I get what you're saying though.

The fact that he has been given a four year deal and hailed as the wunderkind means he will be persisted with.

Perfect day for Simm, Dodd and Batchelor to be given a trot.

Woolf seems to be blinkered into the "not ready yet narrative" for some prospects.

Costello was Championship player of the season 2018 @FB.
    He seems to have all the football coached out of him and Matty Fleming coached into him.

All a bit strange.

Simm at centre with Naiqama going on the wing, he won't have Costello and Simm as centres at the moment.
    Why? everybody plays left and right these days HBs , SRs , Centres. These positions don't play as a pair anymore.

Banned

Fair enough but it's not out of position for Rizzelli. I get what you're saying though.
    It's all beyond my comprehension now.

Young lad is given early season nod and makes a total bollocks of things in each of a number of positions and matches. Poor tackling, total chaos under high ball, complete lack of pace - selected on wing where these 3 skills sets are paramount. Other young squad members who haven't been given any chances whatsoever aren't considered against HullKR.

This coach is an imbecile and totally wrong for this club. Remember the term Agent Millward well this feels like Agent Wolff. No doubt we will win this game but it now seems less important in the context of the rest of the season for squad morale and squad development.

In The South Stand

Eh? Costello on the wing and Simm in the centres is out of position for no one. That was the logical route to take, more so when you consider Welsby’s performances at wing before the pause in the season.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    I believe Rizelli is a winger?

Rizelli plays centre