Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Covid suspensions

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    For the time being Belgian , I wonder how rg will respond when he DOES go?.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Wigan will have negotiated a fantastic deal, and have a better HB in the academy.
    You two need to pay attention

I covered this months ago when I said that I did expect Hastings to go and that we don't have another halfback ready from our academy yet. Hanley was an option but he is a #1, so that will leave us with only Harry Smith who is progressing well as I expect Tommy Leuluai to retire, so I think we'll have to bring someone in. I know we've been linked with Jai Field from Parramatta and I haven't heard of anyone else.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rogues gallery View Post
    you two need to pay attention

i covered this months ago when i said that i did expect hastings to go and that we don't have another halfback ready from our academy yet. Hanley was an option but he is a #1, so that will leave us with only harry smith who is progressing well as i expect tommy leuluai to retire, so i think we'll have to bring someone in. I know we've been linked with jai field from parramatta and i haven't heard of anyone else.
    no one cares.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    ... It's starting to feel one big babysitting exercise. I can't stand at the bar and order a pint, I can't walk in shop in a certain door, I can't go to the match, I can't even have a coffee in peace with being mithered to track and trace. ...
    I think that part of the problem is that organisations (and governments!) are having to make it up as they go along, based on guidance, which is in turn based on scientific evidence, which is always evolving.
    I've had quite a lot of experience of risk assessments and the like, and how they're applied in the workplace. Not surprisingly, there are lots of duff ones out there. They way they're now dealing with CV is no different. Some good, some no so!
    I went to a place recently where, because of a one way walking system (to avoid walking past someone!), the exit had you walking back along the road to the car park. What is the greater danger there?

It brings us nicely back to the original thread. The RFL are like everyone else, trying to make some sense of it all, continuing as best they can, but also trying to stay safe.
    I think in the case of the three players above, what's lacking here is a simple explanation from the RFL as to what the 14 day 'suspension' is actually for. Protection or punishment?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I think that part of the problem is that organisations (and governments!) are having to make it up as they go along, based on guidance, which is in turn based on scientific evidence, which is always evolving.
    I've had quite a lot of experience of risk assessments and the like, and how they're applied in the workplace. Not surprisingly, there are lots of duff ones out there. They way they're now dealing with CV is no different. Some good, some no so!
    I went to a place recently where, because of a one way walking system (to avoid walking past someone!), the exit had you walking back along the road to the car park. What is the greater danger there?

It brings us nicely back to the original thread. The RFL are like everyone else, trying to make some sense of it all, continuing as best they can, but also trying to stay safe.
    I think in the case of the three players above, what's lacking here is a simple explanation from the RFL as to what the 14 day 'suspension' is actually for. Protection or punishment?
    I'm well up on RA myself which is probably why it doesn't make much sense to me. I get what you're saying and I understand the need to mitigate risks, I'm just getting pig sick of all the restrictions, rules, being off work and generally being dictated too. I had some old woman giving me grief the other day because I'd left my mask in the car, I felt like telling her to •••• off to be honest, interfering old crank.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    What utter tosh. The majority of the media are so pro-Tory/pro-Brexit that it's like living in a banana republic. And, through threats of handing them over to Murdoch, the Tories have got the BBC to be nothing more than Tory Party mouthpieces. Laura Kuenssberg can never hide her gushing adoration for these shysters.
    Took you longer than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I'm well up on RA myself which is probably why it doesn't make much sense to me. I get what you're saying and I understand the need to mitigate risks, I'm just getting pig sick of all the restrictions, rules, being off work and generally being dictated too. I had some old woman giving me grief the other day because I'd left my mask in the car, I felt like telling her to •••• off to be honest, interfering old crank.
    Does seem like divide and conquer at the moment, with massive divisions in society being created, some of the tutting, head shaking, glares because some people walk near you are disgraceful.. if you're that bothered go and sit behind your sofa.. some of the comments online are disgraceful that people are trying to get their lives back together, comments like "see you in the ICU"

Some of the measures put in place are laughable, I've seen an in and out door for premises, that you can freely walk anywhere inside? And like you say dangerous exits/entrances. Not too long a go there was rightful concern over people forming large queues outside of events and shops.

Final thing, I think they're are still people genuinely disappointed there hasn't been a second wave, remember VE Day, the end of lockdown, the beaches, the protests, the pubs reopening, Liverpool (and others) title celebrations, and still no obvious uptick in cases.

Like I said, maybe if people just stop judging everybody else, we'd be much happier all around

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Does seem like divide and conquer at the moment, with massive divisions in society being created, some of the tutting, head shaking, glares because some people walk near you are disgraceful.. if you're that bothered go and sit behind your sofa.. some of the comments online are disgraceful that people are trying to get their lives back together, comments like "see you in the ICU"

Some of the measures put in place are laughable, I've seen an in and out door for premises, that you can freely walk anywhere inside? And like you say dangerous exits/entrances. Not too long a go there was rightful concern over people forming large queues outside of events and shops.

Final thing, I think they're are still people genuinely disappointed there hasn't been a second wave, remember VE Day, the end of lockdown, the beaches, the protests, the pubs reopening, Liverpool (and others) title celebrations, and still no obvious uptick in cases.

Like I said, maybe if people just stop judging everybody else, we'd be much happier all around
    I could go along with the devide and conquer narrative if there was a point to it but I certainly can't see one as it's costing the government hand over fist with all the extra benefits, grants and lost revenue. My point is, what's the point in saving a few lives if there's no life to live at the end of it? I really do feel like I'm missing something.

I could go along with the devide and conquer narrative if there was a point to it but I certainly can't see one as it's costing the government hand over fist with all the extra benefits, grants and lost revenue. My point is, what's the point in saving a few lives if there's no life to live at the end of it? I really do feel like I'm missing something.
    Interestingly, if you look at the allocation of contracts for the PPE now compulsory almost everywhere, there’s a startling number of startups (less than 4 months, no discernible assets) that have been granted contracts worth in excess of £80 million per company. This is to supply massive quantities of PPE, with no existing infrastructure. How many MPs will be involved with them in some direct or indirect way?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    Interestingly, if you look at the allocation of contracts for the PPE now compulsory almost everywhere, there’s a startling number of startups (less than 4 months, no discernible assets) that have been granted contracts worth in excess of £80 million per company. This is to supply massive quantities of PPE, with no existing infrastructure. How many MPs will be involved with them in some direct or indirect way?

That had crossed my mind and I'm sure some of them have business interests tied in with Covid but surely it can't be that many of them to keep the country in a state of panic.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Legman View Post
    Took you longer than I expected.

Give it a break.

This is a rugby forum so I normally stay out of the threads derailed by politics. However if you're quoting the Spectator as objective and having a go at the BBC for its left wing bias someone is going to have a go at you.

Just stick with the Wolf out diatribe....

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    You two need to pay attention

I covered this months ago when I said that I did expect Hastings to go and that we don't have another halfback ready from our academy yet. Hanley was an option but he is a #1, so that will leave us with only Harry Smith who is progressing well as I expect Tommy Leuluai to retire, so I think we'll have to bring someone in. I know we've been linked with Jai Field from Parramatta and I haven't heard of anyone else.
    Hook line and and sinker laughing my yed off , Ee lad I'll go to bottom of har stairs , apologies for the NEW typo.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Hook line and and sinker laughing my yed off , Ee lad I'll go to bottom of har stairs , apologies for the NEW typo.
    Harry Smith, the New jackson Hastings,

Banned

Jackson Hastings who was the new Sean Long?

Got A Season Ticket

If he was he’d be at Canberra or Broncos by now

Any chance of a Separate Wigan Academy/ young lads thread so all relevant posts/ shit can go straight there - stops all other threads being polluted too

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    If he was he’d be at Canberra or Broncos by now

Any chance of a Separate Wigan Academy/ young lads thread so all relevant posts/ shit can go straight there - stops all other threads being polluted too
    Just before you do I want to mention Morgan Smithies, one of RG's golden boys. What a grub he is. Goes in with a headbutt on Grant Millington today and then does one of the more blatant crusher tackles (I think they are very hard to judge) you will see, on James Clair. Like to see young forwards playing it tough but I do not like this kid's attitude.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Just before you do I want to mention Morgan Smithies, one of RG's golden boys. What a grub he is. Goes in with a headbutt on Grant Millington today and then does one of the more blatant crusher tackles (I think they are very hard to judge) you will see, on James Clair. Like to see young forwards playing it tough but I do not like this kid's attitude.
    Learning from the best in Ben flower

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Banned

He’s a very good player and it’s a pity he didn’t chin Millington.

Or break Clair's neck????

Learning All The Songs

Agreed

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

I’m sure the disciplinary will act with appropriate consistency. Ann attempted head but to a player’s cheekbone and a dangerous crusher tackle by the same player in the same match should result in a hefty ban.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

That was a pretty bad crusher imo. He locked his arm in place then put weight on the neck. Very naughty.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    I’m sure the disciplinary will act with appropriate consistency. Ann attempted head but to a player’s cheekbone and a dangerous crusher tackle by the same player in the same match should result in a hefty ban.
    Don’t be daft. This is Wigan. He will get a 1 week ban, back dated to last weekend when they didn’t have a match.

Banned

The crusher tackle wasn't good, I wasn't defending that.

He won’t even get that. A cake and a cup of tea at the most..

Smithies is a grub. End of. Hopefully won’t be long before a senior forward teaches him a proper lesson