Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid suspensions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Learning All The Songs

Default Covid suspensions

The RFL have announced some players have been suspended for breach of Covid protocols, the article is in the link below;

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/08/2...vid-protocols/

One of the players, Jackson Hastings, played twice during his suspension period...

Learning All The Songs

Haha retrospectively banning players over a period when they played matches is peak rugby league

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Haha retrospectively banning players over a period when they played matches is peak rugby league
    I swear the RFL are the single most incompetent organisation I have ever known. Complete and utter laughing stock.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

I wonder if Jackson Hastings will have to pay back Papa John's for all the free post-match pizza he ate while suspended?

On a more serious note ... WTF?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I wonder if Jackson Hastings will have to pay back Papa John's for all the free post-match pizza he ate while suspended?

On a more serious note ... WTF?
    SLE “rugby league is a collision sport that demands peak athleticism and nutrition...”

Cut to Wigan star troughing a pizza after the match.

You couldn't make it up.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

He does play for Wigan

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He does play for Wigan
    For the time being Belgian , I wonder how rg will respond when he DOES go?.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Wigan will have negotiated a fantastic deal, and have a better HB in the academy.

Elstone reputed to be on £440k pa

By way of perspective if Super League was a club that would be nearly a quarter of their salary cap in one major player!
    Last edited by Div; 27th August 2020 at 21:52.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Wigan will have negotiated a fantastic deal, and have a better HB in the academy.
    You two need to pay attention

I covered this months ago when I said that I did expect Hastings to go and that we don't have another halfback ready from our academy yet. Hanley was an option but he is a #1, so that will leave us with only Harry Smith who is progressing well as I expect Tommy Leuluai to retire, so I think we'll have to bring someone in. I know we've been linked with Jai Field from Parramatta and I haven't heard of anyone else.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rogues gallery View Post
    you two need to pay attention

i covered this months ago when i said that i did expect hastings to go and that we don't have another halfback ready from our academy yet. Hanley was an option but he is a #1, so that will leave us with only harry smith who is progressing well as i expect tommy leuluai to retire, so i think we'll have to bring someone in. I know we've been linked with jai field from parramatta and i haven't heard of anyone else.
    no one cares.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    You two need to pay attention

I covered this months ago when I said that I did expect Hastings to go and that we don't have another halfback ready from our academy yet. Hanley was an option but he is a #1, so that will leave us with only Harry Smith who is progressing well as I expect Tommy Leuluai to retire, so I think we'll have to bring someone in. I know we've been linked with Jai Field from Parramatta and I haven't heard of anyone else.
    Hook line and and sinker laughing my yed off , Ee lad I'll go to bottom of har stairs , apologies for the NEW typo.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Genuinely not sure whether to laugh or cry at this - you could not make it up!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I'm completely baffled today, it's 1 April surely.

He's been suspended in the past, for a time period when he actually played games? Does this mean he can show up at Wigan and train today because his suspension is up?

I will be using this rule in future if anyone accuses me of anything. I will simply state that I told myself off and banned myself from doing it again for the two weeks just gone, and therefore I've learnt my lesson and can continue doing it from today.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I'm completely baffled today, it's 1 April surely.

He's been suspended in the past, for a time period when he actually played games? Does this mean he can show up at Wigan and train today because his suspension is up?

I will be using this rule in future if anyone accuses me of anything. I will simply state that I told myself off and banned myself from doing it again for the two weeks just gone, and therefore I've learnt my lesson and can continue doing it from today.
    Ive had a bit more of a thought about this, this has the potential to open up a massive can of worms, all it takes is one club to complain about the pies having played someone who was ineligible and the whole thing gets blown up. If that happens then the RFL have made a rod for their own back and have no option but to dock points based on them playing an ineligible player. I’d be very surprised if Hetherington isnt thinking at that already.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Ive had a bit more of a thought about this, this has the potential to open up a massive can of worms, all it takes is one club to complain about the pies having played someone who was ineligible and the whole thing gets blown up. If that happens then the RFL have made a rod for their own back and have no option but to dock points based on them playing an ineligible player. I’d be very surprised if Hetherington isnt thinking at that already.
    Everyone should make an issue of it because if I've read it correctly (and it's awfully worded) you don't actually need to obey any of the protocols because if you get the suspension it'll probably be for a time period that has been and gone. I keep thinking I'm missing something here because this is too daft for words.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Hopefully Eammon has been on the phone to him getting him wound up to make a song and dance out of it. I read it briefly earlier and didn't realise it was retrospective, absolutely shocking carry on.

So could someone explain to me what sanctions these players have actually had? I could have sworn Hastings played against Wakey and Leeds.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    So could someone explain to me what sanctions these players have actually had? I could have sworn Hastings played against Wakey and Leeds.

Hastings - fined some pocket change and a retrospective ban that he played through anyway.

Farcical. But, like, it's wi*an.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

You would think breaking Covid Protocols would be a serious matter in the same way Football and Cricket have actioned any breaches, not the RFL. They would have been better not mentioning anything instead of confirming there idiotic ignorance of their own operational rules.

Wonder what would have happened if any of these players had spread the virus to other players as a result of their actions? It could have ground the whole competition to a halt.

In The South Stand

Today really is own goal day for the RFL. Between this and the pizza afair it's egg on their face

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Today really is own goal day for the RFL. Between this and the pizza afair it's egg on their face
    Unusual topping.... I prefer pepperoni
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

How about lets add this to there club motto , ancient and loyal and untouchable so we do what we want

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

So going off RFL logic, Tommy only has 2 games left on his ban.......

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022