Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Barba thrown a lifeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    But which of their superstars would he replace. He does have one thing in common with Warrington- neither of them have won a SL GF.
    I was hugely against having him back. Now, I'd have him back tomorrow. Much rather he signed for us than anybody else. And no NRL distraction this time. He owes us one.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Think he realised it long ago.

Now he just keeps the pond life happy with a few trick plays and the odd try to cover up for him going missing in the play offs.
    They played better at Wembley against us without him. Dec Patton was magnificent that day

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

I think some may have misunderstood my point. He was guest of Wire at Magic weekend, went off to spend time with Saints and then signed for you despite an “understanding “ with Wire. That’s what I meant about burning bridges, nothing to do with moral high ground. This was also one of the reasons our fans enjoyed taking the mickey. (But yes he was brilliant for half a season...and anonymous after that).

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    The signing of a certain Mr Inglis is evidence enough of that, morals tend to go out the window when you are as desperate as they are.
    What has the signing of Inglis got to do with morals?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    What has the signing of Inglis got to do with morals?
    Wasnt Inglis arrested for assaulting his then girlfriend in 2009, did he not have to attend a diversion course in relation to that instead of being convicted for it? Personally, I think those clubs who sign players with domestic violence history are morally bankrupt.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Wasnt Inglis arrested for assaulting his then girlfriend in 2009, did he not have to attend a diversion course in relation to that instead of being convicted for it? Personally, I think those clubs who sign players with domestic violence history are morally bankrupt.
    12 years ago? No room for rehabilitation in your world then?

Banned

12 years ago? No room for rehabilitation in your world then?
    I agree, shit happens and we all make mistakes. I'm not condoning him hitting a woman btw but we'd have no game left if we blackballed everyone who'd been in trouble with the police.

Learning All The Songs

I wouldn't have him instead of Coote
    Also be reluctant to have him back because of his half arsed attitude at the end of his stint, but I'd hate to see him ripping it up with another club.

Learning All The Songs

Super sub maybe. Imagine him coming off the bench 👌

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    Also be reluctant to have him back because of his half arsed attitude at the end of his stint, but I'd hate to see him ripping it up with another club.
    Same here, although he's 31 now so his fitness may be questionable. That said, his body hasn't been getting hammered for the past 2 years unless he's been at the Columbian marching powder.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Same here, although he's 31 now so his fitness may be questionable. That said, his body hasn't been getting hammered for the past 2 years unless he's been at the Columbian marching powder.
    He does seem to be approaching his "sell by date", it would take him half a season to get up to speed and I just don't think he will be effective with performances that may be inconsistent.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    That is my view of him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

I’d like to see him at Leigh. Not a club that are going to threaten us so if he tears it up then it’ll actually be enjoyable to watch. He’d also have to get his hands dirty in defence and really step up to be a leader in a team under pressure so it’d be a chance for him to really prove himself. His biggest criticism has been that he can go missing when it gets tough and it would be tough all the time at Leigh.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I wouldn’t mind seeing him back over here, but not for us because im more than happy with Coote. Barbas attitude for us smacked a fair bit during the second half of 2018 but lets be honest, the bloke’s box office. If he goes to Leigh he could be the difference between them being basement dwellers and mid table. If he goes to a team like Wigan or Hull he could make them champions. If he goes to Warrington he won’t make much difference because them tossers won’t win ever win the league
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I think some may have misunderstood my point. He was guest of Wire at Magic weekend, went off to spend time with Saints and then signed for you despite an “understanding “ with Wire. That’s what I meant about burning bridges, nothing to do with moral high ground. This was also one of the reasons our fans enjoyed taking the mickey. (But yes he was brilliant for half a season...and anonymous after that).
    So Barba spending an afternoon with your lads meant he should have committed himself to be a Warrington player?? Jeez you really are an up your own arse entitled bunch aren’t you? Such feelings of self importance are comparable to claiming some moral silverware for simply beating Saints twice in one season. Yet that would be just silly.................Oh wait a minute.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    so barba spending an afternoon with your lads meant he should have committed himself to be a warrington player?? Jeez you really are an up your own arse entitled bunch aren’t you? Such feelings of self importance are comparable to claiming some moral silverware for simply beating saints twice in one season. Yet that would be just silly.................oh wait a minute.

Learning All The Songs

Sean Long broke a girl`s jaw, he was meaning to hit the one that was drunk and hitting out at him but hit the sober one instead !! he claims in his book. We had him back at our club twice, does that leave our club bankrupt in the moral stakes ?

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I’d like to see him at Leigh. Not a club that are going to threaten us so if he tears it up then it’ll actually be enjoyable to watch. He’d also have to get his hands dirty in defence and really step up to be a leader in a team under pressure so it’d be a chance for him to really prove himself. His biggest criticism has been that he can go missing when it gets tough and it would be tough all the time at Leigh.
    I think he'd be a good fit for Leigh depending on his fitness and how much he wants.

He is a crowd pleaser and may put drag some fans in also in their case he could be the difference between relegation and staying up.

We've no room for him at Saints we've three good young backs pushing for first team places next year, wouldn't want to risk any of those going elsewhere for a possible season or two of Barba

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by mrsimit View Post
    You've gotta love the Aussies - could you imagine a magistrate over here saying, "you've gone from the penthouse to the shithouse" and the press putting it in print?
    Maybe that judgement will be truly confirmed if Benny end up at the Wolfs

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I'd rather see Leigh stay up than Wakey or HKR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I'd rather see Leigh stay up than Wakey or HKR
    Me too, I'd be quite happy if they managed it at the expense of one of them, Wakefield preferably because at least the Hull derby means something.

Banned

Fully agree.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    So Barba spending an afternoon with your lads meant he should have committed himself to be a Warrington player?? Jeez you really are an up your own arse entitled bunch aren’t you? Such feelings of self importance are comparable to claiming some moral silverware for simply beating Saints twice in one season. Yet that would be just silly.................Oh wait a minute.
    Yep, that’s EXACTLY the position and you have totally hit the nail on the head.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I was hugely against having him back. Now, I'd have him back tomorrow. Much rather he signed for us than anybody else. And no NRL distraction this time. He owes us one.
    Interesting take, I'm the opposite really. I would argue that the NRL distraction was actually the reason we got six months of brilliance out of him whilst he tried to land a contract down there. I'm of the opinion that no NRL distraction wouldn't mean he was at it every week but would actually mean he'd have little to motivate him and would mean he'd be going through the motions for a bit of cash before he packs it in. With the NRL distraction we got 6 months of brilliance and then a year of lack of interest. With no distraction we'd maybe just get the latter from the word go.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Interesting take, I'm the opposite really. I would argue that the NRL distraction was actually the reason we got six months of brilliance out of him whilst he tried to land a contract down there. I'm of the opinion that no NRL distraction wouldn't mean he was at it every week but would actually mean he'd have little to motivate him and would mean he'd be going through the motions for a bit of cash before he packs it in. With the NRL distraction we got 6 months of brilliance and then a year of lack of interest. With no distraction we'd maybe just get the latter from the word go.
    Similar thoughts, the last third of the season with us in my opinion he was a disgrace in his temperament to play at 100% up to his last game. Well and truly burnt his bridges at the club in my opinion.