Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Gerry Moore

Learning All The Songs

Got A Season Ticket

I was connected with St Helens Schools' RL from the late 60s and can honestly say Gerry was a stalwart supporter of schools' rugby. He helped in so many ways, including funding, and we will ever be grateful to him. A real gentleman, ever cheerful but someone who definitely had a mind of his own - and often spoke it!
    He will be sadly missed but the schools' organisation will always remember him as a true friend.
    RIP Gerry.

I remember Gerry from when I was a regular on the supporters' club coach in the mid-'90s. Always seemed a good bloke and was obviously Saints through-and-through. RIP.

Starting A Programme Collection

RIP Gerry

Starting A Programme Collection

Bless,, nice bloke...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Nice chap and Saints through and through. Met him loads of times as kids when my Dad used to do the accounts for the old Supporters Club and we'd go up and sit in that tiny office at Knowsley Road. He only spoke to my Dad a couple of weeks ago. Very sad.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

A Saints stalwart, loved the club through and through, but didn't endear himself to many fans who were disgruntled with the club/board in the 90's, when the Supporter's Club sided with the club unrelentingly, culminating in the formation of ISSA.

Glad all that blew over and he was able to enjoy the great times we've had on and off since 1996

Very sad news.
    I first met him as a young teenager in the 80s, a friend of my father.

Always had time for you.

Booked on his coaches during the dark days , picked us up at the greyhound in Leigh.

In later years would always take time and ask after my dad.

A real people person who put in a a lot of work for other Saints fans.

Condolences to his family.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

As others have said a real gentleman and a true supporter of the club. R.I.P Gerry

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned

Yes it's important to realise Gerry loved the club in good and bad times. Supporters clubs served a fantastic purpose in the post war period. Hilton Park Leigh was built by one. The Eddington End at Knowsley Road paid for by ours. They did diminish naturally from the late seventies but Gerry was one of many total stalwarts. R.I.P.

Remember Gerry well from when I used to travel on the supporters bus in the early/mid 80s. Always made an effort to speak to me. Speaks volumes about him. RIP

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

I first met Gerry when he was the head coach compere on the Saints Supporters Club coaches some 30 years ago.

The first conversation we had was when he searched through all the Concannons in the phone book to find me after an article I had written in The Director fanzine giving the SSC some shit. He gave me a right bollocking down the phone and finished off by saying, "you can tell that bloody Derek Noonan I'll be hunting him down and all", who's name he had mistaken for Director editor Gareth Noon.

To be fair, most of us wanted to hunt down Derek Noonan down after his last gasp blunder at Wembley in 1978 cost us the Cup and maybe Gerry had never quite got over it.

Three days later, I sat with Bill Bates on the SSC bus to Castleford, and Gerry asked for my name. When I told him, I half ducked for cover and feared he was going to throw me off, but he started laughing, joking, slapping me on my back and generally being very jovial about it all. That's how he was for ever more with me.

A top man who loved his Saints.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    A Saints stalwart, loved the club through and through, but didn't endear himself to many fans who were disgruntled with the club/board in the 90's, when the Supporter's Club sided with the club unrelentingly, culminating in the formation of ISSA.

Glad all that blew over and he was able to enjoy the great times we've had on and off since 1996
    Still got my ISSA membership card somewhere in the drawer. I only went on a Supporters Club coach once so I don't know him what I do know is that not being a regular I'm surprised I didn't have to carry a bell and shout unclean. Someone came round selling raffle tickets completely ignored us funnily enough the bloke in front of us won the raffle which would have been my ticket if they had deemed me fit to part with my money. Other than that the bloke was a Saint and he obviously did a lot for Saints going by the comments so he deserves respect. R.I.P.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.