Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tommy Makinson

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Default Tommy Makinson

Potential 8 game ban What do people think? I can't see how anyone can defend it personally, I hope to god that his disciplinary record is taken into account.

I'm worried now with how we'll line up with Makinson and Percival out, shades of earlier in the year when our back line was moved around a lot because of injuries. Today could be a costly victory for us.

Learning All The Songs

It was a bit strange

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Very bizarre.. think it all depends what Watts says on er.. how much of a grip.

All Makinson could possibly argue is that he thought it was his leg

Bit of a stretch, and I think he's got a ban coming

In The South Stand

It's all down to intentions. I don't think it was an intentional spud grabbing. But there is no doubt contact was made and there will be a ban incoming.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    It's all down to intentions. I don't think it was an intentional spud grabbing. But there is no doubt contact was made and there will be a ban incoming.
    The only thing in Tommy's favour is that the bloke never showed pain

I've only seen the reply once, did he squeeze?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    The only thing in Tommy's favour is that the bloke never showed pain
    That's what I though and it's not something you can hide if it hurts. The other thing was it wasn't like he was trying to swing on them.

Learning All The Songs

If we have room financially do we now look to bring in a three quarter given Percy is likely out for 4-6 weeks and Makinson could be out for 8+ potentially, maybe someone from a championship club or the Wolfpack, given our current lack of cover there is it worth a loan move?

Matty Russell?

Learning All The Songs

Presumably it'll be Costello in for Percy, maybe a few games for Simm on the wing? Is Rizzelli still around? He might stick Welsby there too I guess.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Bit of a daft thing for him to do tbh. Fully expect an 8 game ban.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post

Watts will probably be out bragging if TM says he thought it was his leg.
    In TM's defence I think he was looking the opposite way when he put his hand there. Though that might just be me with my Saints glasses on.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post

I can’t see Watts defending Tommy. He went crying to the ref. Also as someone as said he didn’t appear to be in much pain.

Banned

We'll now likely see if KW has learnt anything from the seasons start where he brought players in and plated them out of position and paid the price for doing so. If he replaces MP and TM in the same way it'll stink. He has cover in the entire squad so he should use them. My bet is that he'll do exactly the same again proving he's learnt nothing but I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    I can’t see Watts defending Tommy. He went crying to the ref. Also as someone as said he didn’t appear to be in much pain.
    Tommy was talking to Watts as the game ended, when they were all shaking hands and it looked cordial. Might not matter but there looked to be no sore (sour) grapes (if you pardon the pun)
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Default Tommy Makinson

As some have said, it’ll come down to whether it is judged to have been intentional. There’s no doubt he gets a handful, but at no point is he looking at what he’s grabbing. It looks dodgy and I have to say I suspect he knew what he was doing, but I can see him getting away with 2-3 games for something like careless conduct rather than the 8 games people are talking about.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I think it was a moment of massive stupidity from him and there’s no defending him I’m afraid. His otherwise impeccable character might be his only chance of leniency there
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I've only seen the reply once, did he squeeze?
    DID HE Squeeze it was like milking a cow????????? 2-3 match ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    If we have room financially do we now look to bring in a three quarter given Percy is likely out for 4-6 weeks and Makinson could be out for 8+ potentially, maybe someone from a championship club or the Wolfpack, given our current lack of cover there is it worth a loan move?
    An important situation to manage. I would normally look to the championship or academy but none of them have played.
    Maybe Jodie Broughton as an 8 game short term stopgap or Jacob Smille as a chance for a young gun.

Just plugging with the likes of Welsby on the wing is not the answer.

I think Simm needs to get a run at centre regardless.

Percival needs to give some thought as to whether he just wants to be a first tackle battering ram or a centre.

He needs to do his share but looks like all he wants to run through everyone on an exit set carry.
    There doesn't seem to be anything else to his game on his return.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    An important situation to manage. I would normally look to the championship or academy but none of them have played.
    Maybe Jodie Broughton as an 8 game short term stopgap or Jacob Smille as a chance for a young gun.

Just plugging with the likes of Welsby on the wing is not the answer.

I think Simm needs to get a run at centre regardless.

Percival needs to give some thought as to whether he just wants to be a first tackle battering ram or a centre.

He needs to do his share but looks like all he wants to run through everyone on an exit set carry.
    There doesn't seem to be anything else to his game on his return.
    TBF I think Percy gets told he is a first carry battering ram, the same as practically every other 3/4r in the league.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    As some have said, it’ll come down to whether it is judged to have been intentional. There’s no doubt he gets a handful, but at no point is he looking at what he’s grabbing. It looks dodgy and I have to say I suspect he knew what he was doing, but I can see him getting away with 2-3 games for something like careless conduct rather than the 8 games people are talking about.
    He'll get banned & deservedly so. Utterly stupid but we all make mistakes

In The South Stand

He had an absolute shocker outside of this incident as well, dropped everything in sight.

I want him to be innocent, but I just can't see how he can be. There is no juristiction for his record anymore, if he's found guilty it's a minimum 8 game ban. The only defense is that he's not looking and I'm sure he'll say he was trying to grab the shirt to hold him on him to get the penalty. Could easily be without him for 8 weeks. Would that make it a longer ban game wise than Ben Flower's?

No Percival for a month to 6 weeks either. We're going to lose a few if Costello is seen as the answer there. Bring the kids in.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    He'll get banned & deservedly so. Utterly stupid but we all make mistakes
    It didn't look intentional to me Ralph. Looks like he was looking for something to give him leverage to get a quick play the ball & unfortunately gripped his wedding tackle.

Do you remember Sam Burgess a few years ago? His 'squirrel grip' only got him a two game ban (I think) and he deliberately grabbed & squeezed the balls from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    It didn't look intentional to me Ralph. Looks like he was looking for something to give him leverage to get a quick play the ball & unfortunately gripped his wedding tackle.

Do you remember Sam Burgess a few years ago? His 'squirrel grip' only got him a two game ban (I think) and he deliberately grabbed & squeezed the balls from behind.
    I guess the debate over it is positive as it's not clear cut. I thought there was enough intent there to be honest.

I do yeah & Pryce's against Bradford in the cup semi.

I can just see them coming down hard on stuff like that

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    It doesn't work like that anymore though. He's got to either be found not guilty, or banned for a minimum of 8 games.