Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tommy Makinson

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    No intent whatsoever , I wouldn’t even call it reckless. Yes he grabbed his gonads so a punishment should be enforced but it should be within the realms of unintentional accident .

3 games seems excessive but I’d say fair enough. Anything more I would hope the club would challenge it
    The RFL will have to ban him for the minimum 8 games. Anything less and it sets a dangerous precedent for future incidents. What's annoying for me is that Millington makes an intentional dangerous tackle on Lomax who was without the ball and could have cause a very serious injury and he only gets a 1 game ban.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Operational Rules.
    See Section, 2.7 Sentencing guidelines 15.1 (i)

and section 2.8

https://secure.rugby-league.com/ign_...FINAL%20A5.pdf

WARNING! PIE EATER!

see above.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    And did Genkul Benneh Floower only actually miss about 10 games for his cowardly assault on a prone player that ended said player's career? Despite the RFL pretending to throw the book at him with a 6-month ban, knowing full well that nearly 4 months of that were the off-season?
    Don't forget his surgery.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Tommy , the club and fans just need to accept that 8 is the tariff and suck it up with both contrition and grace.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Operational Rules.
    See Section, 2.7 Sentencing guidelines 15.1 (i)

and section 2.8

https://secure.rugby-league.com/ign_...FINAL%20A5.pdf
    2.9 however says they can step out of guidelines. I do feel however this is a dangerous precedent

2.9 NORMAL SUSPENSION RANGES – "GUIDELINES ONLY
    Players and Clubs should be aware that the normal suspension ranges are guidelines
    only and the Tribunal has the discretion to step outside of the normal ranges in the
    following three circumstances:
    ..If the Tribunal feels that in the light of the aggravating and mitigating factors
    present it is appropriate to step outside of the normal suspension range
    (irrespective of whether this has been requested by the Compliance Manager)...
    "

Take the eight matches and he's back for any finals or playoffs

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    see above.
    Go away or explain why ben flower missed going to jail you are a trouble maker

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Coote
    Naiqama
    Simm
    Bentley
    Grace

That would be my pick.

Simm is 19, he isn't a baby. And if Woolf doesn't trust him over Costello against the likes of Hull KR (with all due respect) then there's something up.
    Costello over Simm right now, Costello has the benefit of having played in the team already so knows how the other team members play. Also is aware of the physical side of the game having played against some quality opponents. Simm will no doubt have his chance,but probably not this season.

Starting A Programme Collection

Surely by now u know why ,he plays for wigan , the RFL didn’t so craftily. ,6 month but it was of season for 4 month so only hit him with a few games. This for a coward who finished someone’s career, dirty Wigan •••••••... If this had been done of a rugby field he would have got a jail sentence, and he thoroughly deserved it...

Default Bans

Surely by now u know why ,he plays for wigan , the RFL didn’t so craftily. ,6 month but it was of season for 4 month so only hit him with a few games. This for a coward who finished someone’s career, dirty Wigan •••••••... If this had been done of a rugby field he would have got a jail sentence, and he thoroughly deserved it...

Learning All The Songs

[QUOTE=mr chips If this had been done of a rugby field he would have got a jail sentence, and he thoroughly deserved it...[/QUOTE]

If Tommy did this off a rugby field he could be seen as a sexual deviant & registered as such.
    He has not been found guilty but charged, let`s wait until he pleads his case.

Big difference about someone finishing a mans at what he did the thug, honestly think u are willing the panel to give him the maximum. Big diff in what was done adult say tommy could have been charged but we all know it wasn’t malicious , were flowers was just thuggery..

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by mr chips View Post
    Big difference about someone finishing a mans at what he did the thug, honestly think u are willing the panel to give him the maximum. Big diff in what was done adult say tommy could have been charged but we all know it wasn’t malicious , were flowers was just thuggery..
    Yep two completely different things, violence is tolerated on a Rugby field, it is almost a prerequisite, thuggery is punished.
    Non consenting sexual acts are punished and certainly not tolerated on a Rugby field and rightly less so in society.
    Tommy has not been found guilty of anything at the moment, let`s wait and see what happens. I hope he is found innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    The RFL will have to ban him for the minimum 8 games. Anything less and it sets a dangerous precedent for future incidents. What's annoying for me is that Millington makes an intentional dangerous tackle on Lomax who was without the ball and could have cause a very serious injury and he only gets a 1 game ban.
    I can understand your points entirely . It’s one of those situation when the punishments is both
    harsh and fair at the same time . A pure accident ( in my opinion ) but has committed an offence . I don’t recall any on field complaint being made which I guess may hold some weight in TM favour .

The tackle on Lomax was a shocker and should be dealt with , with equal measure to TM

I have lost faith in humanity . My god . Admin please delete this post

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    If Tommy did this off a rugby field he could be seen as a sexual deviant & registered as such.
    He has not been found guilty but charged, let`s wait until he pleads his case.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

We will all have to take our medicine on this and move on. No square pegs in round holes for me winger and centre from reserves/academy need to be blooded and played. Welsby,Costello,Simm et al time to step up.
    Learned comment from The Don

I can understand your points entirely . It’s one of those situation when the punishments is both
    harsh and fair at the same time . A pure accident ( in my opinion ) but has committed an offence . I don’t recall any on field complaint being made which I guess may hold some weight in TM favour .

The tackle on Lomax was a shocker and should be dealt with , with equal measure to TM
    Accident?? Give me a break!
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    Have as many breaks as you want squire , I will have my ‘ opinion’ in the same way you can have yours !

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    You’re not kiddin. He had more strokes than Kirk Douglas.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Have as many breaks as you want squire , I will have my ‘ opinion’ in the same way you can have yours !
    There's no opinion here, it's fact - what he did, how long he did it for, it was no accident at all! Knew exactly what he was doing - an accident would have been him putting his hand in that area as he was fighting to get out of the tackle (no pun intended) and pulling it away immediately as soon as he felt what he felt.

Suggest you try it in the changing room next time you go the gym or play any kind of sport, and offer the accident explanation, see what happens.
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

I can’t see Makinson getting away without a ban but there might be some clemency on the basis that the Disciplinary Panel consider the action to have not been premeditated or an attempt to inflict pain. and actually almost accidental contact. I can’t imagine anyone trying to be aggressive in such a manner when face down with the opponent on top of you, especially when he has a history of retaliation. Moreover, I think you can deduce that the grip was light given that Watts showed neither any pain nor inclination to exact revenge.

Learning All The Songs

Can't see anything but an 8 game ban even though he has a very good past record. Don't know what possessed him to do it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Thought the Leon Pryce grab + squeeze version was worse and with more intent than the Makinson one, Pryce got 3 matches for his but the sentencing guidelines have become tougher since then.

Still going to be interesting the explanation he gives to the panel, was he groping for something to get off the floor to play the ball (rugby). Wishful thinking but I get the feeling he won't get the full 8 matches.

Banned

I tend to lean towards it being an accident. It's like he's trying to push Watts off but the way the two are positioned, TM makes contact with his 'frank & beans'.

What will count against TM is that his hand then looks to close around Watts' package and stays like that for a few seconds.

What should provide some mitigation is that TM is clearly unsighted and doesn't appear to squeeze. He could claim he wasn't initially aware of what he'd grabbed and was struggling to get up with two 16 stone blokes on top of him, but let go as soon as it dawned on him what he was hold of.

I think he'll get the full 8 games because it's become high profile. But what he's done is miles away from the way some other players have grabbed another player's plums to cause pain.

What might be crucial is if Watts provides a statement of support to TM. This would be the sporting thing to do but I think a bit of bad blood towards Saints has developed with Cas.