Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad v Castleford

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Grade F. 8+ matches?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    Grade F if it's found to be intentional. There is no doubt he grabbed them it's a question of did he do it deliberately? I expect 4-6 games

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Fages is looking very ordinary and he has an appalling kicking game
    agree. Other than the try he contributed nothing. He really needs to improve his kicking. Also thought Lees did nothing. Can't break the initial line of defence.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    I think both comments are rubbish, but we watch games with different eyes I suppose. To lay blame on a half back, in that game, is not valid as far as I'm concerned.
    I agree Cas worked really hard to cut down any space or options we had. Brilliant finish from Fage to get over for the try but not a half backs game. As Wolf said probably a real good test for us that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I think both comments are rubbish, but we watch games with different eyes I suppose. To lay blame on a half back, in that game, is not valid as far as I'm concerned.
    Not sure where you are coming from saying I blamed Fages. I just don't think he showed any creativity today. I do think we made the right choice between Fages and Richardson.
    On the game, I don't remember seeing a one try game as good as that one. Judging from other comments on here maybe I didn't see it properly, but I thought Makinson was looking at the floor with his arm outstretched. Hopefully they will think he was protecting himself from the other players dropping on him. It certainly didn't look 8 weeks worth.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    agree. Other than the try he contributed nothing. He really needs to improve his kicking. Also thought Lees did nothing. Can't break the initial line of defence.
    He was average in attack, but so too was Lomax. In defence, however, he was again outstanding. With potentially Makinson and Percival missing (depending on how bad his injury is), both Fage and Lomax need to give better performances.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    I agree Cas worked really hard to cut down any space or options we had. Brilliant finish from Fage to get over for the try but not a half backs game. As Wolf said probably a real good test for us that.
    Exactly this,it wasn't a game for halfbacks on either team. There was no dominant pack to get on the front foot,so there was little room for the halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Not sure where you are coming from saying I blamed Fages. I just don't think he showed any creativity today. I do think we made the right choice between Fages and Richardson.
    On the game, I don't remember seeing a one try game as good as that one. Judging from other comments on here maybe I didn't see it properly, but I thought Makinson was looking at the floor with his arm outstretched. Hopefully they will think he was protecting himself from the other players dropping on him. It certainly didn't look 8 weeks worth.
    You stated, that other than the try, he was devoid of ideas. I said that that was rubbish. The game today was a battle, and within that battle Fages not only scored the winning try, how many times did our forwards cross the only to be denied? 4 or 5, I think? But but his defence, was outstanding, saving a definite Cas try. He did what he could, with what space he had. The guy did well, and Coot, who dropped 2 passes from Fages got MOM?

Noooobie

With perci injured again is there anyone we could potentially get cheap as a backup for centre /wing or even any youngsters from the academy?
    Costello just doesnt offer enough for me

I think Bentley will go to the center and Peyroux into the second row. Naqaima on the wing but who plays in the center? Welsby? Costello? LMS?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    He was average in attack, but so too was Lomax. In defence, however, he was again outstanding. With potentially Makinson and Percival missing (depending on how bad his injury is), both Fage and Lomax need to give better performances.
    Both were excellent in defence, Lomax made a couple of crunching tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Both were excellent in defence, Lomax made a couple of crunching tackles.
    Definitely, we're lucky that we have by far the best defensive 6 and 7 in the comp.

You stated, that other than the try, he was devoid of ideas. I said that that was rubbish. The game today was a battle, and within that battle Fages not only scored the winning try, how many times did our forwards cross the only to be denied? 4 or 5, I think? But but his defence, was outstanding, saving a definite Cas try. He did what he could, with what space he had. The guy did well, and Coot, who dropped 2 passes from Fages got MOM?
    Yes our forwards did cross the line 5 times but how many times did Fages just try the same little grubber? I have never questioned his commitment in defence. It's just my opinion that he showed little creativity in attack. I accept that today was a battle and that Cas defended well.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Nice to get another win and another "0" on the board too.

3/4 line could look a bit bare, Welsby, Costello or Simm could come in, alternatively we could jiggle the forwards around and use Bentley, Peyroux, Taia or even Ashworth in the centres.

On a seperate point, does anyone know why Danny Richardson was wearing "Wordy" from Look & read? Always wondered what happened to him!

Double post.

Are others having problems with this website? It may be my location, but it is incredibly slow.

Noooobie

I think peyroux possibly in the centre if im thinking right he did play centre origionally, bentley has earned that second row spot atm, then would only need one younger play on the wing

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I think Bentley will go to the center and Peyroux into the second row. Naqaima on the wing but who plays in the center? Welsby? Costello? LMS?
    Costello will go to centre and Welsby likely to be picked for wing, Bentley has earned that second row spot.

I've not got a clue about little grubbers in the game from Fage or Lomax for that matter? But I'll stand by my defence of the little, tough as teak, French man who won us the game.

That's a reply to Belgium Saint! The site's all over the place today!

Hopefully with a two week break Dom will be OK. If so then I would go with Bentley on the left and Costello on the right. Though we will miss Bentley's work in the middle. If TM is out I'm not sure where we go.

Default 21 man squad v Castleford

That was a cracking game. You’ve got to tip your hat to Cas - they gave us absolutely nothing.

We didn’t quite click today - we made a few poor decisions on tackles 4 & 5 when we were in good positions, and there were a few half chances at the line where we dropped the pass or couldn’t get the offload away.

But to be a bit off the pace against a good team playing like hell and completing in the 90s and concede nothing is quite something.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Nice to get another win and another "0" on the board too.

3/4 line could look a bit bare, Welsby, Costello or Simm could come in, alternatively we could jiggle the forwards around and use Bentley, Peyroux, Taia or even Ashworth in the centres.

On a seperate point, does anyone know why Danny Richardson was wearing "Wordy" from Look & read? Always wondered what happened to him!
    It meant to say Worldy as he clearly believes that but he struggles with long words. This site is slow this evening btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Double post.

Are others having problems with this website? It may be my location, but it is incredibly slow.
    Yes, problems here in Vienna... I blame Brexit

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Costello will go to centre and Welsby likely to be picked for wing, Bentley has earned that second row spot.
    Time to give Simm a go? With all due respect Hull KR are the type of side where we can give him a chance.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Time to give Simm a go? With all due respect Hull KR are the type of side where we can give him a chance.
    If he doesn’t get a spot this time they obviously don’t think he’s anywhere near ready.

Learning All The Songs

Costello did nothing wrong last week so should be in for Percy next game.

Welsby probably getting the wing spot if fit & needed.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Agree with this, Fages is very good defensively and a good player to have around in the squad but he’s never a scrum half, his kicking game is appalling and decision making near the line isn’t much better. Lees is one of the most overrated players we’ve had in the last few years, he’s aggressive but makes hardly any metres and does little of any benefit. Hopefully he’ll improve in the next few years but if he goes to the NRL then good luck to him, he’ll be back in Super league within two years. Difficult to watch but a very good win nevertheless.