Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: 2020 Membership Rebate Options

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

Default 2020 Membership Rebate Options

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/08/1...ebate-options/

"Please select your preferred option before Tuesday 15 September 2020. If you do not indicate your choice to us before this date, we will be assume that you are by default, happy to donate your Membership value to the Club."
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

Banned

We have had this debate and personally I am happy to donate. I feel the club is what St Helens has left. Without it I may as well cross the channel in a dinghy and claim asylum in Perpignan.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    We have had this debate and personally I am happy to donate. I feel the club is what St Helens has left. Without it I may as well cross the channel in a dinghy and claim asylum in Perpignan.
    I am not a season ticket holder so it is easy for me to say I would donate, which I definitely would. But, I think Saints have put together a good package of options, with some really worthwhile pi]rizes in the draw.

Banned

It's actually made me think with all this Covid shit, even if it's still kicking about next year, I'm fairly certain I'll be buying a season ticket.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I think the package Saints have put together for those donating is a fair one, no increase for three years and 10% off in the shop will probably save about £50-£100 over the three years.

They've also included the names in the tunnel and on a T Shirt which makes them feel valued without highlighting those who haven't donated.

Then some prize draws on top, for stuff that generally costs little to the club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It's actually made me think with all this Covid shit, even if it's still kicking about next year, I'm fairly certain I'll be buying a season ticket.
    Just wondering what clubs will do if there are still spectators not allowed in the stadiums for 2021 season. Will they actually be selling season tickets knowing that they will not be going through the turnstiles.

When I got the first email re this I was a little angry about how it was worded. It was pointing everyone to donate, with a little hint that not to do that was wrong. (But I could have read too much into it). My wife and I are both ST holders, sorry members..So it’s a bit of money to donate. On top of this we were (still in the case of Ryanair) fighting for refund for Catalans trip and Toronto which we decided to have a ‘posh ‘ week in the city so spent a lot. It was only yesterday we got our money back on that.
    The other factor for me was recently Saints have not really made being a member much of a benefit. Other than keeping a seat and a bit of a discount from buying individual tickets we were not really recognised.
    But that all said yesterday we have decided to donate. Why? Well Saints is a big part of both our lives. Plus as said above Saints is a big part of the town and I’m sure us not donating won’t put the club out of business, but we might help a bit. The package is quite good but was not the deciding factor. But I am still aware that those who can’t afford to donate not be forgotten. I’m lucky I can afford to lose the money to help out. But many can’t and that needs acknowledging.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    ... But many can’t and that needs acknowledging.
    To be fair to the club, I think that they have acknowledged this in their email and in the 'refund' text on the site, where they 'understand' reasons for wanting that option.
    IMO they've done a good job with this by offering something for everyone. They've made no secret of which option is best for the club, but they've also indicted ways in which we can all help out if we chose not to donate. I'm also pleased to see that they've made donations relatively anonymous, but also with some 'extra' rewards for those who do donate.

As for disruption to future seasons. Let's cross that bridge if we come to it?

Has anyone had any response from the club after selecting their option? I would have expected some sort of acknowledgement, but I've not seen anything yet.
    I'm not complaining BTW. Just worried that something has gone pear shaped with my choice.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Has anyone had any response from the club after selecting their option? I would have expected some sort of acknowledgement, but I've not seen anything yet.
    I'm not complaining BTW. Just worried that something has gone pear shaped with my choice.
    They gave people until 15th Sept to reply, so it may be after that date that they will contact people.

Same, did my 2 and expected at least a confirmation email but not received anything.
    On a side note it would be good to know how many of us have chosen to donate, I’m not sure how many season ticket holders there are but I expect the vast majority will want to support the club if they can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Done our three. Hope as many as possible are in a position to donate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Just wondering what clubs will do if there are still spectators not allowed in the stadiums for 2021 season. Will they actually be selling season tickets knowing that they will not be going through the turnstiles.
    I did think that but the cost isn't an issue and I wanted to contribute towards something that has given me so much pleasure over the years.

We have donated our two.
    Same no confirmation but sure it will arrive at some point.
    I did also ask the club how they are processing refunds for Leeds away tickets - not like they look after us there not even a roof on the away end. I draw the line at donating to Leeds!

Got A Season Ticket Haydock Saint's Avatar

Can anyone help with the following please:

The "donate" option says season ticket prices will be frozen for the next 3 seasons.

The "Credit" option states your refund will be discounted over your next 3 seasons.

Question is do those who take the "Credit" option also have their season ticket price frozen also for the next three years. And will the "renewal" option be also available ie. cheaper for renewing before a certain date.

Just thinking and obviously uncertain due to the Covid 19 situation it could work out cheaper donating to the club rather then getting a credit!

Thanks
    Haydock Saints

Learning All The Songs

What is the situation with individual Match tickets bought that were not used?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haydock Saint View Post

The "donate" option says season ticket prices will be frozen for the next 3 seasons.

The "Credit" option states your refund will be discounted over your next 3 seasons.

Question is do those who take the "Credit" option also have their season ticket price frozen also for the next three years. And will the "renewal" option be also available ie. cheaper for renewing before a certain date.

Just thinking and obviously uncertain due to the Covid 19 situation it could work out cheaper donating to the club rather then getting a credit!

Thanks
    Haydock Saints
    The price freeze applies to people choosing "credit" as well as those choosing "donate."

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    What is the situation with individual Match tickets bought that were not used?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    Someone enquired about this on Facebook and Saints replied saying that the tickets for Good Friday for example were valid for the game later in the season. So until it becomes official that you've missed the fixture altogether I don't think there'll be refunds.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by Haydock Saint View Post

Thanks
    Haydock Saints
    This is my take on it. It's a guess, so don't quote me.
    I would expect that season ticket prices would rise (as normal) over the next few years. Those who donate will pay the 'frozen' 2020 price for the next three years.
    Those with credit will pay whatever the 2021,22,23 prices are, with a pro rata 3rd off from what is left of their 2020 ticket 'value'. There was no mention of any 'frozen' prices within this option. You would be renewing, so that discount should apply. I guess the 'early bird' discount would also still apply if you pay the difference each year, within the 'early window' time frame?
    Whatever happens above, I can't see a situation where it would work out cheaper for you if you were to 'donate' this year.
    The club have more or less said that this is their preferred option as they end up with more cash to keep going.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    This is my take on it. It's a guess, so don't quote me.
    I would expect that season ticket prices would rise (as normal) over the next few years. Those who donate will pay the 'frozen' 2020 price for the next three years.
    Those with credit will pay whatever the 2021,22,23 prices are, with a pro rata 3rd off from what is left of their 2020 ticket 'value'. There was no mention of any 'frozen' prices within this option. You would be renewing, so that discount should apply. I guess the 'early bird' discount would also still apply if you pay the difference each year, within the 'early window' time frame?
    Whatever happens above, I can't see a situation where it would work out cheaper for you if you were to 'donate' this year.
    The club have more or less said that this is their preferred option as they end up with more cash to keep going.
    It says at the bottom of the main statement that renewals will be frozen for all donating and crediting members for the next 3 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    It says at the bottom of the main statement that renewals will be frozen for all donating and crediting members for the next 3 seasons.
    OK . Thanks.
    ...So that makes it even less likely that someone would save more money by choosing to donate rather than take the credit option.

Learning All The Songs

I've opted for the credit option over 3 yrs on my season ticket. Just thought the first option of just giving them the money the club could have given the fans more without costing the club money? I.e Fan days at training?, free Saints TV, Player meets, Corporate facility's on lower attendance games etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    We have donated our two.
    Same no confirmation but sure it will arrive at some point.
    I did also ask the club how they are processing refunds for Leeds away tickets - not like they look after us there not even a roof on the away end. I draw the line at donating to Leeds!
    Got mine refunded Div. Sent a you a pm

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Apparently 82% of season ticket holders have donated. Well done everyone it's a huge support to the club.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Apparently 82% of season ticket holders have donated. Well done everyone it's a huge support to the club.
    I read that as either donated or took credit, with 18% taking a refund.

Excellent news for the club regardless