Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hull FC Positive CovidTests

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I've only been into three different pubs (in the U.K) since lockdown was lifted and all three asked for details, which we provided. As for half of "most of the customers giving false details" where did you get that from?

"Pubs and bars in England are ignoring COVID-19 guidance, potentially putting public health at risk, a Sky News investigation has found.

An undercover team visited a variety of hospitality venues in one Greater Manchester suburb, posing as walk-in customers.

Nine out of 10 venues visited were not following government guidance by asking for customer contact details."

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ising-12047160

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The answer lies in the wording of your question...

(why would people set fire to 5G phone masts? why would people believe all that QAnon idiocy? why would people support Brexit?)
    I dont care what anyone says, I've snitched on folk in my local who gave false details, health and safety is paramount and if that makes me a grass, so what?

Got A Season Ticket

"Pubs and bars in England are ignoring COVID-19 guidance, potentially putting public health at risk, a Sky News investigation has found.

An undercover team visited a variety of hospitality venues in one Greater Manchester suburb, posing as walk-in customers.

Nine out of 10 venues visited were not following government guidance by asking for customer contact details."

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ising-12047160
    I agree there, any pub ignoring the rules should be shut down

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Colin View Post
    But tell me, why would anyone with half a brain give out false details???
    Dunno Colin cannot answer for these people.
    There seems to be almost a 50/50 split where people are either living in total fear of this or those who are carrying on trying to live as normally as is possible.
    The industry experts seem to be split on this with opposing opinions on any report or channel you choose.
    It is a very clever virus. It has very clever, educated, scientists, professors, immunologists, virologists, statisticians and mathmaticians in permanent disagreement. There is not much hope for an RL fan.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Dunno Colin cannot answer for these people.
    There seems to be almost a 50/50 split where people are either living in total fear of this or those who are carrying on trying to live as normally as is possible.
    The industry experts seem to be split on this with opposing opinions on any report or channel you choose.
    It is a very clever virus. It has very clever, educated, scientists, professors, immunologists, virologists, statisticians and mathmaticians in permanent disagreement. There is not much hope for an RL fan.
    Because they don't want to get a call / text to say they have to self isolate for a week

I get that is tough and it may cause issue with work but far better to know and to take the week in isolation rather than run the risk of infecting people and potentially causing serious illness or even a death

Can't comment on the Hull story , a player could have picked it up at a shop, petrol station visiting a relative in a care home / hospital or a few could have gone on the lash no one knows

But neither Hull or Salford should be playing for the next 2 weeks

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

As infected players played against Salford surely Salford will be isolated for a period to ensure they haven't got it, how many Salford and Hull players met up with mates from other clubs pre the findings of the tests.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The South Stand

Hull are blaming the infection on Adam Swift’s newborn and say it’s spread from there. I’d be absolutely fuming if I was him that they’d outed me and my child like that.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

If they can’t raise a team, it should be a bye for the other team and hold their sky money for that game. They’ll soon put a reserve team out.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Hull are blaming the infection on Adam Swift’s newborn and say it’s spread from there. I’d be absolutely fuming if I was him that they’d outed me and my child like that.
    This is only Pearson speculating. If as he says, Swift came in for physio treatment and was sent home because of showing symptoms, were the treatment rooms disinfected were the physio(s) he came into contact with quarantined? It seems Hull have been pretty lax.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    If they can’t raise a team, it should be a bye for the other team and hold their sky money for that game. They’ll soon put a reserve team out.....
    Given the whole squad, coaching staff, doctors etc will now be in quarantine I’m not sure how you think that works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Given the whole squad, coaching staff, doctors etc will now be in quarantine I’m not sure how you think that works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there’s so many different versions of what happens, nobody really knows but I have a little info.

My interpretation (based on my son being a sports journalist who is heavily involved at Manchester United where someone on the staff tested positive, nothing to do with the playing side BTW) is that You don’t have to quarantine for 14 days if you test negative (Which my lad did) , so the whole squad and staff will be being tested, it takes 24-48 hours to get a result back (again, based on 1st hand experience of this)

I’m sure an announcement will be made soon but based on my interpretation I can’t imagine everyone on the playing staff testing positive but we will have to see.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    You can't point the finger at people not following distance rules as nobody is sure how you pick up this disease. They could have caught it in Tesco's.

My fear now is that Superleague will shut down again and not open up until next season.
    I don't see any reason to believe it will be any different in February.

There will be Covid outbreaks all over the shop for the foreseeable future and certainly well into next year.

For me, if it takes till February to finish this season so be it, because there's no guarantee (or likelihood) of an unaffected 2021 season.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Half the pubs don't even bother asking. But yes, there's been arseholes throughout this refusing to follow guidance that benefits everyone. They are, as you say, pricks.
    Wait, so i SHOULDN’T sign in at pubs as Rusty Shackleford?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

But tell me, why would anyone with half a brain give out false details???
    Because they don't realise that they don't have to give any details if they don't want to?

I can sort of see why.
    I don't have a problem leaving my name and number, but I might feel differently if I get a phone call telling me to self isolate for 14 days because I sat in the same pub garden as someone unknown (and socially distanced) to me, who has now tested positive!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Where have they said that? As you said, I would be absolutely fuming - particularly as it’s completely incorrect

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by St Nel View Post
    Where have they said that? As you said, I would be absolutely fuming - particularly as it’s completely incorrect
    http://https://www.totalrl.com/hull-fc-owner-likely-cause-of-covid-19-outbreak/

And

https://www.totalrl.com/squad-watch-...triple-header/
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Banned

I dont care what anyone says, I've snitched on folk in my local who gave false details, health and safety is paramount and if that makes me a grass, so what?
    What’s it got to do with you eh? Going round grassing folk up like you’re on some kind of moral crusade. If you were that bothered you wouldn’t be in the pub would you? I hate grasses.

Banned

Not like he doesn’t have form for mouthing off.

Got A Season Ticket

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    What’s it got to do with you eh? Going round grassing folk up like you’re on some kind of moral crusade. If you were that bothered you wouldn’t be in the pub would you? I hate grasses.
    It's not like they have nicked a bag of salt & vinegar is it peoples lives are at stake if you lost members of your family thanks to some gobshite who doesn't give a toss. I hope there are no rapists drug dealers paedophiles or murderers near you they'll be quite safe won't they. Why should someone not go to the pub just because someone can't follow simple instructions.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    It's not like they have nicked a bag of salt & vinegar is it peoples lives are at stake if you lost members of your family thanks to some gobshite who doesn't give a toss. I hope there are no rapists drug dealers paedophiles or murderers near you they'll be quite safe won't they. Why should someone not go to the pub just because someone can't follow simple instructions.
    That’s a totally different thing and you know that perfectly well. I’m not condoning people giving false details but going out of your way to blow someone up over something like that is pretty sad. Don’t insinuate I condone paedofila or rape again. If someone wants to deal drugs and it’s not affecting my life or anyone close to me then it’s none of my business. I’m not saying that’s right either btw the moral high ground on here sometimes is pathetic.

Learning All The Songs

That’s a totally different thing and you know that perfectly well. I’m not condoning people giving false details but going out of your way to blow someone up over something like that is pretty sad. Don’t insinuate I condone paedofila or rape again. If someone wants to deal drugs and it’s not affecting my life or anyone close to me then it’s none of my business. I’m not saying that’s right either btw the moral high ground on here sometimes is pathetic.
    Totally agree Dave. For me, public support was severely dented when Boris backed Cummins fantasy story about driving 30 miles to test your eyesight...

Learning All The Songs

So you hate all witnesses at trials do you? Are they not just grasses, or are they just stating facts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    So you hate all witnesses at trials do you? Are they not just grasses, or are they just stating facts.
    Again, totally different and clearly so.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Zero positive tests elsewhere, including Salford.