Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kendall today

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

I thought Kendall did ok yesterday. Hes one of the few who I dont groan at when I hear he is reffing us.

I think a Leeds player should have been sin binned yesterday with the high shots. 3 on the bounce or something? And Gale giving it bigguns as well should have seen the bin.

My take on the 2nd half, i did notice Leeds where given a bit more leeway with the laying on.

Other than them two very specific points, i think he controlled the game very well yesterday.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    You hammered the team that were top of the league..but are in danger of coming across as “whiners “ rather than “winners”.
    Thanks for the advice, yes one day we will be winners but we'll have to wait until it's not your year.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Wonder when the referee's tea party is at Warrington, I hear Hicks is down for Freeman of the Borough for his services to the success of the Cup Final win. If I was Knowles I'd try and get Hicks between himself and an opposing player and wipe the pair of them out.
    Sorry but I think you need to move on from this GG! Sounds like sour grapes again and just gives the Wolves trolls more ammunition.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    What do you expect me to say? Repeat all the incidences I've already outlined in my opening post?

My point is there was a very different approach to Kendall's reffing of the game in the second half and on numerous occasions some very puzzling decisions were made in Leeds' favour, with very similar 'offences' were treated differently.

If you want to conclude that pointing out these glaring inconsistencies makes me/us 'whiners' then that's your choice. Just as it's my choice to give a response I feel expresses just how little I value your input on the matter.
    The last paragraph of your first post...conspiracy theory in a 48-0 drubbing...by the winning teams fan. The epitome of a sore winner.

The last paragraph of your first post...conspiracy theory in a 48-0 drubbing...by the winning teams fan. The epitome of a sore winner.
    It’s because over the years we’ve been so used to playing at high standards and achieving so much that we expect the same high standards from match officials as well.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Thanks for the advice, yes one day we will be winners but we'll have to wait until it's not your year.
    I’m sure it’s because I didn’t express myself very well but you may find a second reading of the post you quotes helps you understand the point I was trying to make.
    Thank goodness there is no remaining bitterness from last years CC final.

Learning All The Songs

I thought he had a decent game.

Learning All The Songs

I’m sure it’s because I didn’t express myself very well but you may find a second reading of the post you quotes helps you understand the point I was trying to make.
    Your league drought can qualify for the state pension next year...

He missed an awful lot of forward passes from the Rhinos, but they have been getting away with that for years mind.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    He missed an awful lot of forward passes from the Rhinos, but they have been getting away with that for years mind.
    Always had the best quarterbacks in SL

In The South Stand

You hammered the team that were top of the league..but are in danger of coming across as “whiners “ rather than “winners”.
    I usually enjoy some of your comments, however, I'm baffled by this one Wolfie. If we were complaining after losing two matches, doubtless the argument would be "Sore losers, sour grapes" etc, etc. I think it's pretty rich to call us whiners when from a position of dominance and strength someone is pointing out the shortcomings of an official. The "evening up" thing has gone on for years and belittles the sport. It's plain daft. Leeds were headhunting throughout the first half and to "even up" the penalty count in the second half the ref gave penalties for offside (which in reality could probably be called on any team at 90% of the play the ball!). Same with the six again, Leeds were clearly on the rack and slowing the play the ball down, yet the six agains seemed to dry up in the second half. Just saying what I (and orthers) saw.

No bitterness about Warrington just the referee who after tea & stickies in the Warrington boardroom the week of the final disallowed a perfectly good Saints try at 0-0. I wonder what you would have said had the boot been on the other foot.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    There's been quite a few forward passes being missed over the last couple of weekends, whoever does the sound effects needs a button for " Foorwaaard" and maybe one for
    "Gerrem onside"

Without question he became more lenient once we were way ahead. The one where someone had hold of Makinson’s leg was hideous. I hope someone from the club has had a word...the score is irrelevant - if the rules are not applied it gives other teams something to hold onto against us

Learning All The Songs

No bitterness about Warrington just the referee who after tea & stickies in the Warrington boardroom the week of the final disallowed a perfectly good Saints try at 0-0. I wonder what you would have said had the boot been on the other foot.
    To be honest i thought the bigger problem that day wasnt Hicks but the RFal themselves, personally i thought he was put in an impossible situation by the RFL, as soon as Warrington made the final he was compromised due to the death threat from a Warrington fan, and either way he refereed it would have lead to questions from at least one of the sides. The smart option would have been for the RFL to give the game to any other referee, that way there wouldnt have been anything said about it. In my eyes the RFL failed in their duty to the sport and to their employee on that day, not for the first or last time.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Keep hammering him greengrass he just does, nt get how much your showing him up with subtlety class

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    To be honest i thought the bigger problem that day wasnt Hicks but the RFal themselves, personally i thought he was put in an impossible situation by the RFL, as soon as Warrington made the final he was compromised due to the death threat from a Warrington fan, and either way he refereed it would have lead to questions from at least one of the sides. The smart option would have been for the RFL to give the game to any other referee, that way there wouldnt have been anything said about it. In my eyes the RFL failed in their duty to the sport and to their employee on that day, not for the first or last time.
    I concur, a situation that could have been avoided with the application of common sense.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Banned

Given that you started the topic I can’t say I’m surprised, but I am bowled over by your witty response.
    I'm baffled as to why a fan of another team.wants to post on here must be realy boring on the wanky forum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    I'm baffled as to why a fan of another team.wants to post on here must be realy boring on the wanky forum
    Never understood it myself although generally Wolfie is alright.

Banned

It wasn't just giving no try (any ref can be unsighted), it was point blank refusing to refer it to the VR when by definition he'd failed to see the try being scored or not.

That just invited accusations of favouring Wire.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

It wasn't just giving no try (any ref can be unsighted), it was point blank refusing to refer it to the VR when by definition he'd failed to see the try being scored or not.

And that was all down to Hicks. We can't blame the RFL for that, though I agree he should not have been allowed to ref.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

RL has always been a weird game in terms of how people interpret penalty counts and stuff like that. For as long as I've watched the game coaches have moaned about 'losing the penalty count' as if penalties should be given equally and no blame can ever be attached to the side getting penalised more.

But the whole 'levelling it up' stuff has definitely been a Super League thing, and I think people are probably right to mention it. I've seen too many games where things that weren't given in a first half are then given a few times near the end of a game in a blatant attempt to either a, level up the count, or b, stupidly attempt to stop anyone complaining that such a discretion wasn't penalised. I think it is more the ref doing it to make their penalty counts look fairly even rather than some external pressure to stop blow-outs, but it does happen IMO, and either way, it does make the game look a bit small-time when it happens over and over again.

It's also weird that we get accused of being whingers when we point it out in a game we won 48-0. Surely it's the best time to raise it.

Yes I agree wholeheartedly it was the most stupid decision any ref could make especially when within seconds the big screen shows him up for the chump he is.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Yes I agree wholeheartedly it was the most stupid decision any ref could make especially when within seconds the big screen shows him up for the chump he is.
    Hicks knew exactly what he was doing.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

He also appears to have given wire two points at the weekend
    Learned comment from The Don