Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Fitness...

Default Fitness...

Got to say, a massive part of what we have done the last 2 Sundays is no doubt (in my eyes) down to our fitness levels.

We look an awful lot fitter than the 2 teams we have brushed aside and I don't think this can be under-estimated given the new rules.

We are being tough in defence and look quality in attack since the restart, and our fitness levels look a touch above the rest.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

I think the telling difference is us having a mobile pack. Other packs will struggle to get to our level with this new rule. Suits our squad and style of play to a T.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The South Stand

Definitely. Our fitness levels look considerably better than other teams at the moment. Salford looked good too against Hull. The new rules also suit our style of play and having mobility in the pack add massively to this.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parrsaint View Post
    Definitely. Our fitness levels look considerably better than other teams at the moment. Salford looked good too against Hull. The new rules also suit our style of play and having mobility in the pack add massively to this.
    The 6 again rule had really helped its certainly took the 'wrestling' out of our game ,I apologies I don't do'stats' just wondering how many times we gave 6again away for holding down be very interesting after the first few games. Thanks in advance.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    The 6 again rule had really helped its certainly took the 'wrestling' out of our game ,I apologies I don't do'stats' just wondering how many times we gave 6again away for holding down be very interesting after the first few games. Thanks in advance.
    According to Sky stats we had 2 set restarts and Leeds had 3!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    It’s not just the amount of 6 agains we get, it’s that opposition know they can’t afford to give them away against us so they get off us quicker. Either way we get the quick ball that we want. Was chatting to a mate of mine who’s a Rhinos fan towards the end of the game and he couldn’t believe how there was such a difference in the fitness levels of two professional teams.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Walmsley looks really fit best I've seen him so far, didn't he play 32 mins in the first half.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    It’s not just the amount of 6 agains we get, it’s that opposition know they can’t afford to give them away against us so they get off us quicker. Either way we get the quick ball that we want. .
    Absolutely this! We only got 2 restarts but it didn’t make that much difference. Teams can’t risk lying on as giving Saints a possible 7, 8, 9, ++ plays would be disastrous for them.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Walmsley looks really fit best I've seen him so far, didn't he play 32 mins in the first half.
    Asked the wife half way through whether both Walmsley and Jammer were expecting a full 80 just like Jammer had to do in the past.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I think you have to credit the players for the fitness. i think they were only back training for 2 weeks was it? Whatever they were told to do during lockdown, they were obviously diligent about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think you have to credit the players for the fitness. i think they were only back training for 2 weeks was it? Whatever they were told to do during lockdown, they were obviously diligent about it.
    Eating dynamite and lifting cars by the look of it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Eating dynamite and lifting cars by the look of it.
    Or lifting buses in Walmsley's case