Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Coote

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Coote

Wells at half time said he thought Coote was our best signing for years and I have to say I agree 100%. Rolls Royce of a player brilliant today.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    Wells at half time said he thought Coote was our best signing for years and I have to say I agree 100%. Rolls Royce of a player brilliant today.
    Just oozes class. I thought we would struggle to replace Barba and his game breaking ability but the all round game of Coote in attack and defence has been superb. The best thing about Coote is he makes the players around him better as well.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Just oozes class. I thought we would struggle to replace Barba and his game breaking ability but the all round game of Coote in attack and defence has been superb. The best thing about Coote is he makes the players around him better as well.
    He is class, the way he organises, takes the kicks catches the bombs, he makes it all look easy. I'm sure he must be a more positive influence on the field than Barba.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He is class, the way he organises, takes the kicks catches the bombs, he makes it all look easy. I'm sure he must be a more positive influence on the field than Barba.
    He's a players player isn't, Wells made a very good point that Coote never stops talking to his players both in defence and attack. Seems to have a bit more of an understanding with Fages these last 2 games.

Learning All The Songs

That he is, whilst he may not have the ability to perform the pieces of brilliance Barba did, he is certainly a better all round player than Barba, the way he organises us, controls the kicking game and doesnt let anything pass him defensively is quality. His performance level is outstanding, its rare to see him drop below a 7/10 and you can see how popular he is with the squad.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

He's a players player isn't he, Wells made a very good point that Coote never stops talking to his players both in defence and attack. Seems to have a bit more of an understanding with Fages these last 2 games.

The guy is different gravy.

Not a bad goalkicker too, and good to see him slot over those 'gimmes' as the commentator alluded to, from the touchlines

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    I think he said in 5 years. Coote has certainly proven himself. I think Zeb Taia deserves a shout in that category and just a few years further back, the signing of Alex Walmsley.

Regards,

STEVO

Got A Season Ticket Billinge Bren's Avatar

He's a cracking fella too off the field. Had the pleasure of his company at our respective kids' footy comps the last couple of years. Down to earth lad who enjoys his Rugby and time here if not the weather!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billinge Bren View Post
    He's a cracking fella too off the field. Had the pleasure of his company at our respective kids' footy comps the last couple of years. Down to earth lad who enjoys his Rugby and time here if not the weather!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Sat with him a couple of times last year at Leigh , he was loving the singing from both sets of fans really down to earth bloke , he was superb today , sorry going off on a 'tangeant' apologies.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

Reading through his wiki page has missed a fair chunk of playing rugby with a few long injuries so should have plenty of miles left on the clock too.