Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456789101626 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Commentary/Presentation

Learning All The Songs

The commentary is what it is , when Stevo & Eddie were there a good few on here were moaning then, so it is down to individual preferences. I agree though this Werthers man is woeful.
    The camera cutting to the coaches reaction, the crowd, replays or sideline comments during restarts is annoying, the restarts are quicker why cut to other shots when the first drive is about to be taken.
    We did not see what happened when Aaron Smith got close, being one that was particularly frustrating as the game was tryless at the time.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 16th August 2020 at 18:44.

Learning All The Songs

Oops double post

Got A Season Ticket

Phil Clarke has got no dress sense , he looks like Uncle knob head !

Banned

What was with today’s sky narrative? Anyone would have thought we were playing a team from the north west counties.

Cas are a good side and gave us a good hiding before lock down. The plucky under dog rubbish spouted by Sky was condescending to say the least.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    He sounds like a lonely old man in the pub that just wants someone to talk to.
    And now we gone from the lonely old man to one that sounds as though he is excited just to given the mic. He is still better than Pyke though.

Got A Season Ticket

I thought the commentary was very biased towards Cas. It was Cas this and Cas that and every now and again they mentioned Saints. They mentioned that Cas haven’t won at Saints for 40 years numerous times and they all need replacing. On a positive note I thought Danny McGuire made a good contribution.
    Last edited by paraman; 16th August 2020 at 20:47.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chalfie View Post
    Phil Clarke has got no dress sense , he looks like Uncle knob head !
    I kept thinking Desmond Tutu with that daft shirt (obviously he looks nothing like him but it made me laugh)

Come to think of it Arthur hasn't commented on any of the games this weekend. Is he ok??

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I kept thinking Desmond Tutu with that daft shirt (obviously he looks nothing like him but it made me laugh)

Or a really badly dressed pimp.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Come to think of it Arthur hasn't commented on any of the games this weekend. Is he ok??

Most likely, just utterly garbage.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Most likely, just utterly garbage.
    That's never really been a problem for Sky in the past. They've kept the Baz, Tez and Clarke dream team for years

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    That's never really been a problem for Sky in the past. They've kept the Baz, Tez and Clarke dream team for years
    And we don't have to see Phil Clarke's face every time he has some "important" things to say from the sideline

Learning All The Songs

I know its not against us but it makes me feel ill seeing these pie eating ••••s winning at our place.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Stuart Pyke presumably is a Saints fan?

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    He is.

On a separate note, who the frig decided that it was a good idea to cut to a close up of Phil Clarke talking utter jive on the sidelines while the game is going on? WTF is going on there?

Thought Danny McGuire was pretty good. You understand what he was saying at least

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I thought they were quite disrespectful to both teams to be honest. Pyke in particular seemed to want the narrative to be that poor little Castleford were bravely holding on to a narrow defeat against the big bullies Saints. Cas have been in and around the play off's for a while now and have been in a few finals and semi finals in recent years. He kept going on about their spirit and passion like it was an incredible result that we were only beating them 4-0. Felt like they were willing an incredible Cas win that would shock the world when most people probably predicted that it would be a close game between two fairly even sides. Thought it was odd.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paraman View Post
    I thought the commentary was very biased towards Cas. It was Cas this and Cas that and every now and again they mentioned Saints. They mentioned that Cas haven’t won at Saints for 40 years numerous times and they all need replacing.
    They kept saying their last win here was 1990, so how is that 40 years ago? Their attention to detail and factual knowledge is woeful, they just quote any old stat and we are expected to believe it.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    I just presumed he has a speech impediment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    I thought they were quite disrespectful to both teams to be honest. Pyke in particular seemed to want the narrative to be that poor little Castleford were bravely holding on to a narrow defeat against the big bullies Saints. Cas have been in and around the play off's for a while now and have been in a few finals and semi finals in recent years. He kept going on about their spirit and passion like it was an incredible result that we were only beating them 4-0. Felt like they were willing an incredible Cas win that would shock the world when most people probably predicted that it would be a close game between two fairly even sides. Thought it was odd.
    Agree completely.

Cas were excellent. Gave everything & had monumental individual efforts like Holmes who made 59 tackles.

I was really happy to see us get over the line there. Cas are a good team and well coached

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    He is.

On a separate note, who the frig decided that it was a good idea to cut to a close up of Phil Clarke talking utter jive on the sidelines while the game is going on? WTF is going on there?
    Really got under my skin today that, missing bits of the game for what?? I pay my sky subscription to watch rugby not that clown on the sideline, and why do we need to see the coaches every 2 minutes, what's all that about?? I like what the nrl do, show a replay but have the game in a box so you dont miss any of the action.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Totally agree with this. Instead of respecting that Cas are a very capable side the commentators seemed to be on NBC a mission to fall over themselves for a supposed minnow. You would have thought we were playing Batley at times.

This and the fact the commentary spent more time theorising then actually commentating on the match had me turning down the volume. I wouldnt mind but Clarke, Baz and Tez have the tactical knowledge of General Haig.

Banned

Bbm was on twitter applogising to Matty English saying it was accidental

Got A Replica Shirt

Not really having a go , I`ve said stupid things without thinking but did anyone else hear Terry O`Connor refer to some one making so many "metres of yardage " last week?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Altrincham Saint View Post
    Not really having a go , I`ve said stupid things without thinking but did anyone else hear Terry O`Connor refer to some one making so many "metres of yardage " last week?
    No but that wouldn't surprise me. Since I started this thread they've been a bigger shambles than usual.