Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 414202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Commentary/Presentation

Banned

Commentary abysmal. More like a talkshow then actual time spent calling whats going on. Sky are appalling.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Commentary abysmal. More like a talkshow then actual time spent calling whats going on. Sky are appalling.
    In three sets they've called three plays. Spent an entire Salford set wittering about something the producer said which they couldn't repeat anyway. Embarrassing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    In three sets they've called three plays. Spent an entire Salford set wittering about something the producer said which they couldn't repeat anyway. Embarrassing.
    Exactly we’ve also had a talkshow on where Ian Watson is going, Walmsley’s ban and Lee Mossop’s performance at Wembley. Call the ••••ing game!

Banned

Defensive performance excellent in that half but the game plan basic to say the least. Forwards making good ground but there are little options for the halves to hit when ball is aired so probably why Saints have found it hard to score.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Wilkin looks full on wetback with that tash.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Defensive performance excellent in that half but the game plan basic to say the least. Forwards making good ground but there are little options for the halves to hit when ball is aired so probably why Saints have found it hard to score.
    Agree with this. I understand why we kicked the goals though. Not making excuses but Salford seem to be up very quickly defensively considering they've looked knackered, but what do I know?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Wilkin looks full on wetback with that tash.
    I was thinking what shite design I could shave in earlier, I can go worse than that.

Banned

I'm absolutely sick to death of listening to this retard. He can't speak, end of story, •••• off and find a different job.

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Pyke

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm absolutely sick to death of listening to this retard. He can't speak, end of story, •••• off and find a different job.
    Totally agree Dave, how he’s let to commentate on a professional game is unbelievable

Wells has got a better stutter than Roger Daltrey , I’d be much happier if some stuck an apple in his mouth for 80 mins. Talks utter shite .

Wells has got a better stutter than Roger Daltrey , I’d be much happier if someone stuck an apple in his mouth for 80 mins. Talks utter shite .

Learning All The Songs

posted twice for the stutter effect Dark Side.

Did Nisbett`s father rob Pyke`s house! he berated the young fellas mistake from the moment it happened, hope the lad does not watch it back with his commentary it will make him feel a lot worse than he already does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    posted twice for the stutter effect Dark Side.

Did Nisbett`s father rob Pyke`s house! he berated the young fellas mistake from the moment it happened, hope the lad does not watch it back with his commentary it will make him feel a lot worse than he already does.
    Hahahahaha . Having probs with the forum this evening , jamming up . Not sure if it just me or if it’s a server problem.

I had to laugh at that comment in attempting to save Nisbett’s ego he totally slaughtered him

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Wells wasn’t too bad at one time. I don’t know how any bloke can be an impartial summariser and be affiliated with a club at the same time. Wells fairly calling a Cas game is like Phil Clarke hiding his trouser mast for Wigan. Never gonna happen.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

[QUOTE=Angry Dave;803169]I'm absolutely sick to death of listening to this retard. He can't speak, end of story, •••• off and find a different job.(QUOTE]

Which one? Or, do I just stick my finger in and see which one sticks. I'm really spoiled for choice with your comment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Hahahahaha . Having probs with the forum this evening , jamming up . Not sure if it just me or if it’s a server problem.

I had to laugh at that comment in attempting to save Nisbett’s ego he totally slaughtered him
    Same here mate, the board's slower than Luke Gale's hair growing.

I'm sure that slobbering clown has been reading this board and me taking the •••• out of him.

Now John Wilkin won’t talk about an issue in the game . Wtf

So John , what is your view on the sending off ? Errrrrrr I think we should discuss that later on ��

Learning All The Songs

I thought Luke Tommo had to isolate when he went to Australia.
    How has Jenna Brooks been allowed to travel to Aus and back yet still be summarising tonight ?

Banned

[QUOTE=Belgian Saint;803236]
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm absolutely sick to death of listening to this retard. He can't speak, end of story, •••• off and find a different job.(QUOTE]

Which one? Or, do I just stick my finger in and see which one sticks. I'm really spoiled for choice with your comment.
    I was on about simple Stuart but I can see how that may have been confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    I thought Luke Tommo had to isolate when he went to Australia.
    How has Jenna Brooks been allowed to travel to Aus and back yet still be summarising tonight ?
    I assume the rules have changed since June.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

It’s the way Stuart Pyke just shouts out random words during a sentence as if something really exciting has just happened that ••••s me off most. That and his inability to pronounce anything.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Wish Phil Clarke would do one. Can't stand his voice when he starts begging for decisions.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Banned

Sky’s commentary is an embarrassment not just to RL but sport in general. They are becoming the Eddie Waring of the 21st century. The faster the game bins them off the better.

Would Pike even be on a local radio for any other sport? His commentary is feeble at best. Abysmal presentation of our sport.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    It’s the way Stuart Pyke just shouts out random words during a sentence as if something really exciting has just happened that ••••s me off most. That and his inability to pronounce anything.
    Thalford
    Thainsth
    Dobbs (Dodd I assume)
    Paulo (Pauli Pauli)
    Then there was something he tried to say and just couldn't so gave up
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 26th October 2020 at 22:16. Reason: Laughing too much

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I think this is an opinion that would have majority support. The PL basically went over Sky’s heads and ditched BLM after some black players expressed annoyance over the groups politics in the UK. The anti-racism stuff and the new logo fits the bill more easily and will have support as a non-political awareness campaign. But Sky have kept up with the BLM stuff even when it knows it is controversial and is linked to a group that has political opinions way off the mainstream. It also knows it could promote awareness of racism in many ways that would be non political and well supported but it’s chosen not to. It is now American owned and is seeking to thrust American culture issues on to our screens, hence their unwillingness to move away from BLM when other anti racist messages would actually serve the cause better.

So it’s highly hypocritical to seek 100% compliance with one political cause that does not enjoy widespread support (the BLM UK group I mean, not anti racism) but then give freedom to its presenters about whether they support a cause which has widespread support. Nobody should be forced to wear a poppy in their private lives but Brian Carney (rightly or wrongly) isn’t just a private individual when he presents a tv show. He is a face of the corporation he works for, and if that corporation wishes to show that it wholeheartedly supports the causes behind wearing a poppy he would be told to wear one, because for those two hours when he’s on screen he isn’t Brian Carney the individual but a member of a broadcaster. Hence them telling everyone to wear a BLM badge, hence Carney lambasting Falou because I assume Sky told him to make a big deal of a political issue on a RL show, hence the massive banner on the half way line of all RL games on Sky, hence the BLM logo that appears on all Sky Sports programmes etc. They made a point to support a political cause, and the people that represent them on screen abide by that.

So, at the end of the day if Carney doesn’t want to wear one, fair play to him. But if Sky agree and tell him he doesn’t need to wear one, it tells you everything you need to know about their priorities and what they consider important or not. This isn't about Carney, it's about Sky really. I support Carney having beliefs and not wanting to wear one, if that's even what's happened. But I also think some people probably weren't comfortable being associated with BLM UK the organisation, but they all wore the badge. I’d like sports broadcasters to ignore politics as much as they can, especially when they have news channels and are also linked to other powerful media outlets that can express their political beliefs. But Sky chose not to, they chose to make their sports channels political, and that’s entirely fair because they’re a private company and we can all choose to pay or not. But once you let the genie out, you are then open to be judged politically as well.

As it is, maybe he wears one next week. Maybe the other lads just had them on anyway before they arrived. We don't know yet.
    Excellent post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk