Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172333 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Commentary/Presentation

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Sutcliffe puts a crusher on Kenny Edwards - and in the second phase of a tackle after KE is already on the floor. The bent prick McDermott makes no mention of it, other than to say KE got his head in the wrong place.
    Not disagreeing with you, but I find it hard to feel any sympathy for Edwards. If he had been seriously hurt I would have, but otherwise no.

The Sky Comms are on top form tonight, by which I mean terrible. I wish a producer would just tell them that the audience already know how hilarious they are and they don't need to keep reminding us.

Also Bill, it is a "rainy" night not "rainly".

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Not disagreeing with you, but I find it hard to feel any sympathy for Edwards. If he had been seriously hurt I would have, but otherwise no.
    Yeah, accepted (nearly included such a caveat ) but I was just annoyed at the bias from former Leeds player McDermott.

Incidentally, Leeds are the jammiest side in SL history. Everything went for them tonight. Mikolauskas (or whatever his name is) stopped Hudds being 16-20 up. Even when Child replaced him and stopped being so biased, Leeds still were allowed to slow the PTB without punishment, whilst Hudds got pinged another couple of times.

I really can't stand Leeds, or Agar.

Yeah, accepted (nearly included such a caveat ) but I was just annoyed at the bias from former Leeds player McDermott.

Incidentally, Leeds are the jammiest side in SL history. Everything went for them tonight. Mikolauskas (or whatever his name is) stopped Hudds being 16-20 up. Even when Child replaced him and stopped being so biased, Leeds still were allowed to slow the PTB without punishment, whilst Hudds got pinged another couple of times.

I really can't stand Leeds, or Agar.
    Agar is an absolute fraud.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

I listened to the first half of Hull Vs Wakefield on 5 live extra on Thursday.

Dave Woods and Kyle Amor where on Commentary. It was a breath of fresh air. Nothing daft, no silly little in jokes. Just simple stuff. Dave Woods calling the game. Amor giving some professional comments on the game. It was brilliant!

When you compare it to tonight, that shower of shite are robbing a wage from sky (and me who pays for the sports channels) . The sooner it gets a reshuffle the better!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    I was 19, think yourself a youngster!
    I'm 99% certain I'm cancelling Sky when I get back home. I've had enough of subsidising this crap. I'll find another to watch sports.

Starting A Programme Collection

Can it get any worse. At least they didn’t mention Coffee last night. At the start of the Leeds / Huddersfield game Bill Arthur says this is the game that brings the curtain down for the weekend. Then 30 minutes later tells us about Catalan / Pies game.

Let’s go back to the boxing analogy ....... These guys talk broken biscuits ,

In the words of Ray french ‘ Why oh why do we need’ a boxing analogy at rugby games !

Not long after Welsby dropped the bomb . Big Phil predicted Welsby will be man of steel in the coming years... FFS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Not long after Welsby dropped the bomb . Big Phil predicted Welsby will be man of steel in the coming years... FFS
    Personally my favourite was his tactical insight
    “Hull KR should put a second backrower running down the right side...”

Terry: “They’re already doing that Phil, I think the loose forward is playing that channel.”

Clarke: “Well play 3 there then!”

FFs... #tacticalgenius.

Banned

Let’s go back to the boxing analogy ....... These guys talk broken biscuits ,

In the words of Ray french ‘ Why oh why do we need’ a boxing analogy at rugby games !
    I was lost by the boxing analogy as well, total nonsense by Wells that barely made sense though I suppose you can say Fages put a horseshoe in his boxing glove in the final round and knocked Hull KR out with that drop goal.

Is it any wonder the game is stagnating when the powers that be dont realise its been presented like a two bit punch and judy show on Margate beachfront.

Learning All The Songs

Clarke also suggested that it was the venue which was the cause of ‘squirrel’ behaviour! Ha ha!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I thought Ben Proe was way above the rest of the rabble. Wells trying to influence the disciplinary is now getting beyond a joke. No reputable business would allow a conflict of interest like he has with his Cas job.
    Hopefully Wells has to choose one or the other and he comes down on the side of Sky
    Does no one from Sky listen to the garbage that comes out every week and have a word it's as tho they want there coverage to be as embarrising as possible

Maybe every time there is a try scored we could have someone shouting that’s the way to do it

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    Maybe every time there is a try scored we could have someone shouting that’s the way to do it
    ������������

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    That has a ‘Punchy’ ring to it! Ha ha!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

He will be world class one day and will win MOS at some point, according to Clarke. No indication when, but somewhere down the line. It’s comments like these that get on my nerves because he has no idea if it’ll happen, and instead of simply saying he’ll likely be a top player in the future he throws all this stuff on him, almost as if he’ll have failed if he now doesn’t win it or isn’t regarded as world class.

You could name a pretty brilliant Super League era XIII from those that haven’t won the MOS. Off the top of my head I can think of Cunningham, Newlove, Radlinksi, Sinfield and O’Loughlin who have never won the thing. Had Clarke been around on Sky when they were starting off they’d now be wondering why they failed to match his expectations eh!

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

So this year, you turn[ed]... OMG
    I struggle to turn, stiff joints these days

Banned

Who was that on the fanzone thing with the Redvee.tv plug?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    I listened to the first half of Hull Vs Wakefield on 5 live extra on Thursday.

Dave Woods and Kyle Amor where on Commentary. It was a breath of fresh air. Nothing daft, no silly little in jokes. Just simple stuff. Dave Woods calling the game. Amor giving some professional comments on the game. It was brilliant!

When you compare it to tonight, that shower of shite are robbing a wage from sky (and me who pays for the sports channels) . The sooner it gets a reshuffle the better!
    I listened to the last half hour of that and Woods does my hrad in far to sorlftly spoken his voice never changes

Banned

Who was that on the fanzone thing with the Redvee.tv plug?
    Redvee tv mention it in the post natch video think it was a woman called Ali

Could Phil Clarke be any more partisan anti-Saints? Doesn't even try to conceal it these days. One thing I'd commend Sky on though is the crowd noise, it's really developed for Rugby League. They can't get it right for football, and watching Fulham v Arsenal now, the crowd noise is all over the place.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Seems like the 'powers that be' have been listening to a few posters on here = Tony Rea , a breath of fresh air .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Seems like the 'powers that be' have been listening to a few posters on here = Tony Rea , a breath of fresh air .
    Do you think so.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Personally my favourite was his tactical insight
    “Hull KR should put a second backrower running down the right side...”

Terry: “They’re already doing that Phil, I think the loose forward is playing that channel.”

Clarke: “Well play 3 there then!”

FFs... #tacticalgenius.
    I couldn't believe the rubbish they were coming out with when talking about that. Having said that, last night a couple of them were complimentary to individuals from Saints.