Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1020262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Sky Commentary/Presentation

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

That was coming.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Default Sky Commentary/Presentation

Wrong thread
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

What was debatable about the headshot on Theo. Bill Arthur really is out of his depth.

Starting A Programme Collection

Shut that biased sky commentary team up. Well done ...

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Honestly, we've just won possibly the best grand final played and they cant get the word wigan out their mouths.

Dry your eyes lads, Saints just showed you up for what you are.

Learning All The Songs

We win the final and Carney goes “we will wrap up with Wigan, Lam and O’Loughlin”, •••• off you stupid ••••!

Banned

Sorry it makes it better. That little toff Robinson and the rest of the scum in that commentary team. They hate us and we have shoved it up their rectums.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Sorry it makes it better. That little toff Robinson and the rest of the scum in that commentary team. They hate us and we have shoved it up their rectums.
    Bit of a t1t Robinson isn't he?

[QUOTE=Cyprus;808456]Sorry it makes it better. That little toff Robinson and the rest of the scum in that commentary team. They hate us and we have shoved it up their rectums

Double post

Noooobie

Don’t stoop to their level. I must admit that after the whistle the focus was on Saints with the exception of O’Loughlin who as an English and British hero was the right thing to do. Stop focusing on the negatives and enjoy the result.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Bit of a t1t Robinson isn't he?
    Where'd he get that frigging accent?

Grew up on a rougharse estate in Leeds, then goes to piescum land for a fair few years. Spends a bit of time with the posh blokes playing rah-rah and gets a plum stuck in his gob.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

Grew up on a rougharse estate in Leeds, then goes to piescum land for a fair few years. Spends a bit of time with the posh blokes playing rah-rah and gets a plum stuck in his gob.
    Been like that ever since he went to Union. I don't mind him, one of the most recognisable players from either code.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    We win the final and Carney goes “we will wrap up with Wigan, Lam and O’Loughlin”, •••• off you stupid ••••!
    I posted about the irish ex wigan players little asides a while ago, hope people will take a bit more notice in the future , he hates us, anyway brian have a nice night!,

Learning All The Songs

Did anybody else notice that somebody in the commentary team said that Gareth Ellis had won two titles with saints?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    Did anybody else notice that somebody in the commentary team said that Gareth Ellis had won two titles with saints?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    Yes, I did. One of a number of mistakes last night

Starting A Programme Collection

What scares me the most is Phil Clarke being the only one to pick Saints and by 4 points!!!! A man who has stolen a living from spouting utter nonsense has a moment of genius. Maybe he was hit by lightning on the way to the game. Or maybe Walmsley just tilted the field.

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    What scares me the most is Phil Clarke being the only one to pick Saints and by 4 points!!!! A man who has stolen a living from spouting utter nonsense has a moment of genius. Maybe he was hit by lightning on the way to the game. Or maybe Walmsley just tilted the field.
    He was actually ok last night. Showed a bit more neutrality than Robinson or Carney who may as well have sat there in Wigan shirts. Great player in either code Robinson. World class but as a person, no time for him. Comes across as aloof & that accent he has developed is laughable.

Maguire is decent & I like his analysis. Felt he was put on the spot a bit regarding Hardaker's missed conversion. He was right to go for the 2 points, fortunately he missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Got it pretty much spot on Clarke did

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

You wouldn’t think he once spent his Saturday nights kicking shit out of homeless folk on King st.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I thought SKY and the RFL did a good job of making it feel as much like a grand occasion as possible. It was everything a GF should be minus the speccies.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by dursleysaint View Post
    Don’t stoop to their level. I must admit that after the whistle the focus was on Saints with the exception of O’Loughlin who as an English and British hero was the right thing to do. Stop focusing on the negatives and enjoy the result.
    The 34 players last night deserved a better presentation than Sky is currently offering. BUT this thread isn't just about the grand final coverage. It's about how Sky present RL throughout the season & it's not great.

Believe me, I'm enjoying the result. Just a pity there was no fans there as the ensuing mayhem after Welsby's try would have been folklore
    Last edited by Ralph Fridge; 28th November 2020 at 09:14. Reason: Fat fingers

Got A Season Ticket

I listened back to the final try on BBC sports page. John Kear is absolutely ecstatic. Listen from 2 hrs 35

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000q761

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

There was only Jon Wells who didn't show any bias, but the others made the right call that it was going to be a close call they were also correct that the Goons would get us on the edges but we seemed to have a better defensive cover plan when that happened

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I don't normally do Sky but managed to get hold of the app, so have been watching this season.
    IMO there is a bias towards Wigan, but I guess that if you've spent your playing career with any particular club, then you are going to lean that way, consciously or not.
    I noticed that Clarke at one point referred to Saints as 'them'...But you could also see that Jon Wilkin was a very happy man at the end.
    In short, I'm not going to bash any individual, but Sky could and should do better!

Banned

I honestly HATE the whole biased and bent format. Just imagine Liverpool V Man U in a final and the sky panel being Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Ryan Giggs and Roy Keane. Then in the commentary box with Stevie Wonder you had Dion Dublin and Steve Coppell. But hang on lets have brief touchline comments from Ian Rush, that feeds them a bit. Its a disgrace.