Jungle Out There Banner
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Sky Commentary/Presentation

Quote Originally Posted by Sainthood View Post
    Could Phil Clarke be any more partisan anti-Saints? Doesn't even try to conceal it these days. One thing I'd commend Sky on though is the crowd noise, it's really developed for Rugby League. They can't get it right for football, and watching Fulham v Arsenal now, the crowd noise is all over the place.
    Personally found his Anti Saints bias was at its worst when he was tipping Welsby to be a world class player and future man of steel.

Seriously though Clarke is just a wind up merchant. He chats garbage for garbages sake and comes up with stats that are so obscure no one bothers to fact check. If there is actually a record kept about no one being as good as Cas at scoring from within the 34-37 yard area on the 4th tackle of an odd number of sets in the 2nd half of games away from home.

Man is a bore.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I dont get why people like Rea as a commentator, personally. He does speak some sense but I find him a bit dull.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    Do you think so.
    Yes.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I don’t get why people like Rea as a commentator, personally. He does speak some sense but I find him a bit dull.
    I have enjoyed him when he has been used as a HT or after game analyst, but yesterday listening to during the game, I thought he just droned on in the same monotone.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I have enjoyed him when he has been used as a HT or after game analyst, but yesterday listening to during the game, I thought he just droned on in the same monotone.
    Belgian they all offer a bit of difference as analysts, most would soon tire of their comments as there is only so much you can offer every week. It is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the antics and comments the comfortable crew use but we desperately need a good in-match commentator.
    Judging by how many different combinations have been used a decent commentator may be rarer than we all think.
    The cutting to sidelines, replays or coaches expressions during restarts is annoying as it is sometimes two tackles later when they return to the live game, that is something they can fix.
    Brian Carney would be a good commentator but who presents?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Belgian they all offer a bit of difference as analysts, most would soon tire of their comments as there is only so much you can offer every week. It is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the antics and comments the comfortable crew use but we desperately need a good in-match commentator.
    Judging by how many different combinations have been used a decent commentator may be rarer than we all think.
    The cutting to sidelines, replays or coaches expressions during restarts is annoying as it is sometimes two tackles later when they return to the live game, that is something they can fix.
    Brian Carney would be a good commentator but who presents?
    I pretty much agree with you. Carney as a commentator, I don't know. He is far more eloquent and fluent in his speech than the others, but as you say commentating is a different skill. I am not to disappointed when Ben Proe comments, he is far better than Pyke and Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I pretty much agree with you. Carney as a commentator, I don't know. He is far more eloquent and fluent in his speech than the others, but as you say commentating is a different skill. I am not to disappointed when Ben Proe comments, he is far better than Pyke and Arthur.

Pyke is pretty good, it’s just his voice that’s a struggle.

Perhaps when he finally finishes that family bag of Worthers he’ll come good....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Perhaps when he finally finishes that family bag of Worthers he’ll come good....

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Will you not miss brian

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Best comment I heard about it: "He always sounds like he's breaking in a new set of teeth for somebody."