Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 818242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Commentary/Presentation

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Agent Hicks strikes again

Just caught up with that yellow card. LOL.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Longy sounds a bit nervy!!
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Is Bill Arthur, Stevie Wonder in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I honestly find the guy fascinating. Probably a bit sad but I thought his analysis & opinion was insightful.

He's Saints through & through though & I could tell he was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Just caught up with that yellow card. LOL.
    And we did nothing about it. Greenwood taking liberties. And yes, take the ban for sorting him out.

Roby had the perfect chance to stick one on his chin & didn't do it. No questions asked there, you start throwing them, there's no discussion.

Banned

Sorry Ralph. Roby is wonderful, he is great but he has never stuck one on someone for twenty years and isn't going to start now. The question pal is when a basic coward in terms of a pro RL player like Greenwood and Singleton take liberties who will? Tia needs replacing by a real enforcer and we need enforcement off that bench. LMS Amor not in their game and last night they let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Sorry Ralph. Roby is wonderful, he is great but he has never stuck one on someone for twenty years and isn't going to start now. The question pal is when a basic coward in terms of a pro RL player like Greenwood and Singleton take liberties who will? Tia needs replacing by a real enforcer and we need enforcement off that bench. LMS Amor not in their game and last night they let us down.
    I know pal, you're right.

I've been saying we need a real nasty hard nut in the pack for years and we haven't sorted it out. Wigan were laughing at us last night.

Greenwood goes out with something to prove & he achieves it. He's hardly Paul Sironen

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

When you look at some of the players from the past, Mantle. Warlow, Fozzard Nickle. They are probably tougher now that those that played last night.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I got the feeling Longy had an idea Saints would lose this game but wouldn't admit it, when asked for a result Longy hesitated and said Saints by a couple of points.

He also made the right call on how this was going to be played, there was no suggestion of extensive play from both sides but suggested a more brutal intensive game decided on small margins.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I got the feeling Longy had an idea Saints would lose this game but wouldn't admit it, when asked for a result Longy hesitated and said Saints by a couple of points.

He also made the right call on how this was going to be played, there was no suggestion of extensive play from both sides but suggested a more brutal intensive game decided on small margins.
    Why we didn't do everything possible to hang on to him is beyond me. But, maybe we did and he was just throwing his toys out of the cot over the head coach position.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Why we didn't do everything possible to hang on to him is beyond me. But, maybe we did and he was just throwing his toys out of the cot over the head coach position.
    Maybe, but I guess he maybe showing some future allegiance to Yarkshire at the moment. In my opinion I would have him head coach in 2022 instead of Watson, Longy knows the underlying saints mojo.

Learning All The Songs

I’m pleased Sky Sports don’t have the like of Vicky Sparks commentating on RL games. She is a shocking commentator, and she goes along with the woman who called Paul Wellens, Richie Wellens when he scored a hat trick against Leeds years ago.

Banned

When you look at some of the players from the past, Mantle. Warlow, Fozzard Nickle. They are probably tougher now that those that played last night.
    LMS went back 10 years last night, back to the days when Hock and a few others terrified him. I got it then he was a youngish player in a soft pack. He and Amor are senior professionals and I am sorry but they hid. We do not have one genuine hard man. Alex is a warrior but not hard in the context of those you have named. Fozzard isnt half the player Alex is but would have been the perfect foil for him, he never took a backward step.

LMS went back 10 years last night, back to the days when Hock and a few others terrified him. I got it then he was a youngish player in a soft pack. He and Amor are senior professionals and I am sorry but they hid. We do not have one genuine hard man. Alex is a warrior but not hard in the context of those you have named. Fozzard isnt half the player Alex is but would have been the perfect foil for him, he never took a backward step.
    I used to love Fozzy running in with the ball, you never knew what was going to make contact first his elbow or his . You are right though: one that break thorough the line and offload, and one that will take it out of them they tackle him and have them shuddering when he tackles them.

Starting A Programme Collection

I used to love Fozzy running in with the ball, you never knew what was going to make contact first his elbow or his . You are right though: one that break thorough the line and offload, and one that will take it out of them they tackle him and have them shuddering when he tackles them.
    Wonder how Kevin Ward would have coped in that game ?

Banned

Oh my lord he would have scattered them. But and we need to remember this it was promising kids and has been journeymen who turned us over! We didn't get turned over by class acts. That shows one thing some of them hid.

Banned

Just back to SKY did anyone else find Clarke very Prince Andrewesque last night? I don't know who his tailor is but he must be related to Bill Arthur's Optician.

Banned

Just back to SKY did anyone else find Clarke very Prince Andrewesque last night? I don't know who his tailor is but he must be related to Bill Arthur's Optician.
    Oi, I've got a couple of those sweaters.

Yes Dave a few of them played last night!

Banned

Have you got the Trench Coat as well Dave?

He probably got a glimpse of himself on one of the monitors.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    He probably got a glimpse of himself on one of the monitors.
    I was expecting him to call a 'family meeting' in that get up....

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

I liked the spell when we had Nickle and Matautia, mind you with cameras everywhere these days they would be red carded every week

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    I liked the spell when we had Nickle and Matautia, mind you with cameras everywhere these days they would be red carded every week
    Used to love Sonny Nickles retaliate before they hit you philosophy.