Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891525 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Commentary/Presentation

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Confirmed at half time you can get a yellow and a ban. A shoulder to the head like that has to be 4 games minimum you would think.
    I heard that, but anyway thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It doesn't help having a face you wouldn't get sick of punching, or the fact that Braindead Barry was trying to make excuses for him and failed miserably.
    The officials are bad, but the Sky team are the very definition of "stealing a living"

Learning All The Songs

Warrington are bang average. Huddersfield can feel badly done to with Thaler’s efforts here. That said if McGillvary wasn’t half asleep then they’d probably have won.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Warrington are bang average. Huddersfield can feel badly done to with Thaler’s efforts here. That said if McGillvary wasn’t half asleep then they’d probably have won.
    Indeed, Woolford looks furious, hopefully he fires into the ref now.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    I thought Cats looked good, the other 3 didn't look any better than mid table.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    Wire are the worst cheats in super league. How can a player flop on the floor like he’s unconscious like Austin did when he realises the Defense isn’t set, and the ref stops play preventing a try. Then doesn’t go off for a head assessment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought that at the time. He's fine, then realises they're about to concede a try, touches his face, then suddenly he's out cold, face down eyes shut, play is stopped. Then suddenly he's miraculously fine. Then the cynical trip. Are the disciplinary able to talk to players about their behaviour? He's becoming the new rat boy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    I thought that at the time. He's fine, then realises they're about to concede a try, touches his face, then suddenly he's out cold, face down eyes shut, play is stopped. Then suddenly he's miraculously fine. Then the cynical trip. Are the disciplinary able to talk to players about their behaviour? He's becoming the new rat boy
    They called it live but in a very roundabout way. I wish they'd just call the game as it is instead of pussyfooting about.

Learning All The Songs

They called it live but in a very roundabout way. I wish they'd just call the game as it is instead of pussyfooting about.
    Id be very happy if someone gave the turd a proper reason to stay on the ground, im thinking something along the lines of what BMM got away with yesterday.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Id be very happy if someone gave the turd a proper reason to stay on the ground, im thinking something along the lines of what BMM got away with yesterday.
    Yeah, it actually quite annoyed watch those scummy •••••••s yesterday as they got away loads and were still very ordinary, I firmly believe Hudds would've won that had they kept a full compliment and BMM had walked. I could happily see most of their players take a sore one to be honest.

Yeah, it actually quite annoyed watch those scummy •••••••s yesterday as they got away loads and were still very ordinary, I firmly believe Hudds would've won that had they kept a full compliment and BMM had walked. I could happily see most of their players take a sore one to be honest.
    And if they hadn’t completely bombed a certain try at the end of the first half when Cudjoe passed the ball into touch.

Banned

Need to say it McDermott is getting worse! He was never good, he was never average, now he comes across as Larry Larkin doing a gig at Peasley Cross Labour Club.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Thanks. Hope they look at it. Direct to head.
    Only just seen the tackle this morning, that was my first thoughts direct to the head. He might get away with it being classed as a shoulder charge because BMM had his arms out on impact but you can't get away with a head tackle like that. I assume Thaler bottled it because it was just over 3 mins into the game if it was done in the 2nd half BMM would have walked.

Correct me if I am wrong but someone mentioned that Thaler sent the tackle up to the video ref which was Robert "Tea + Biscuits" Hicks, if so then that explains the judgement.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 16th August 2020 at 13:01.

In The South Stand

Thayler was back to his bargain basement best. What an absolutely awful display. Aside from the blatantly obvious shoulder to the head incident the play acting by "Austin the Oscar" which clearly denied the opposition a scoring opportunity by feigning injury, what about Thaylers obvious eyesight issues re keeping Wire onside. I don't think they were onside the whole match. Not only that, you could actually hear Thayler continually warning them for lying on, no Ben, that's what the set restart is for now mate, try and keep up! I don't think the Giants got a set restart in the whole match, did they? Wire were that squeaky clean, as you would imagine with players such as Chris Hill, BMM, Lineham, Philbin, angels every one.

In The South Stand

Out of curiosity,who was our last player to be sent off ?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Out of curiosity,who was our last player to be sent off ?
    Wasnt it Matty Lees against Salford in 2018, didnt matter given we put 60 on them. Think the one before that was Amor on Good Friday 2017, which was never a sending off.

Starting A Programme Collection

God surely it’s going to be Warrington year this year. How can it not be when u have 2 refs routing for you, bent bent hicks the one with the death threat and thick Thaler.. both as bent as they can be, isn’t it time the RFL see what is going on.everybody Else can see it but seeing Warrington are the flavour of the season. ..

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Only just seen the tackle this morning, that was my first thoughts direct to the head. He might get away with it being classed as a shoulder charge because BMM had his arms out on impact but you can't get away with a head tackle like that. I assume Thaler bottled it because it was just over 3 mins into the game if it was done in the 2nd half BMM would have walked.

Correct me if I am wrong but someone mentioned that Thaler sent the tackle up to the video ref which was Robert "Tea + Biscuits" Hicks, if so then that explains the judgement.
    Not sure if he sent it up to the VR, but they showed it a few times while English was out on the floor; so he would have seen it a couple of times before he showed the yellow.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

in this day and age that was as RED as it could be.

It would be interesting to hear the ref and vid ref's reason for a yellow.

Normally any experienced prop would have the non carrying arm raised higher to protect himself,

The only excuse I can think of is that English was falling into the tackle head first, but that's a bit like saying he butted him in the shoulder

I find Warrington an "ugly" team to watch at the moment, their last two games I've changed channels.

As rivals we don't normally praise them but at least under Tony Smith they played some entertaining rugby, Hodgeson and the Monaghans were good players but Blake Austin is a grubby player, that sneaky back heel trip would have been a red a few years ago.

Learning All The Songs

Can this bloke get some fixodent to fix his false teeth in place?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Can this bloke get some fixodent to fix his false teeth in place?
    He sounds like a lonely old man in the pub that just wants someone to talk to.

Banned

This Stuart Pyke clown is an absolute belter, the way he's going on you'd think we were 30 down.

Got A Season Ticket

Nil - Nil and he is talking like we are getting battered

Learning All The Songs

You'd think Cas were a mid Championship team the way they're talking, setting it up for the biggest upset in SL history.

Far too many mistakes from us though.

Banned

Apparently it's only now we're a champion side.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Need to say it McDermott is getting worse! He was never good, he was never average, now he comes across as Larry Larkin doing a gig at Peasley Cross Labour Club.
    His insistance that Makinson played at the ball when the Cas player blasted it at his thigh from point blank range was really irrititating.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk