Jungle Out There Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 88 of 88

Thread: Bulldogs chase British stars and Pangai

  1. #76
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,790
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    Saints and Thompson did not part on the best of terms.
    Maybe not mate but business is business. If he wants back and the lads don’t mind playing along side him it’s definitely worth considering.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  2. #77
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    https://youtu.be/LD3Tcpscmbc

    This is all i remember from Pud Carols career.
    That was some Brawl. Some outstanding centre work from Newlove in that clip as well.

    Wasn't it Carroll who retired as he was advised that he may have to have his little toe amputated if he continued to play.

    Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

  3. #78
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,790
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    That was some Brawl. Some outstanding centre work from Newlove in that clip as well.

    Wasn't it Carroll who retired as he was advised that he may have to have his little toe amputated if he continued to play.

    Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
    Possibly mate I can’t remember. Ive killed a few brain cells in 22 years lol
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  4. #79
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,983
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    https://youtu.be/LD3Tcpscmbc

    This is all i remember from Pud Carols career.
    A great reminder of what a special player Newlove was.

  5. #80
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    4,169
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Bulldogs chase British stars and Pangai

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    A great reminder of what a special player Newlove was.
    Probably my favourite player of all time. There’s an argument to say that Lyon was a better player all round but for me Newlove was the perfect centre.

  6. #81
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,798
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    A great reminder of what a special player Newlove was.
    Unplayable at times. Always seemed a little bit unassuming until he took the ball, bent his run slightly and either went round or went through his oppo'.

  7. #82
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,790
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    A great reminder of what a special player Newlove was.
    Newlove was my favourite player when i was a kid.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  8. #83
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    654
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Probably my favourite player of all time. There’s an argument to say that Lyon was a better player all round but for me Newlove was the perfect centre.
    Mine to the perfect centre wonderful to watch.

  9. #84
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Newlove was my favourite player when i was a kid.
    Ditto. Still is tbf.

    Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

  10. #85
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,275
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Newlove is still the best British centre there’s been in the last 40 years. So many (Leeds) people mention Senior - laughable - not fit to lace his boots

  11. #86
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,417
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Newlove is still the best British centre there’s been in the last 40 years. So many (Leeds) people mention Senior - laughable - not fit to lace his boots
    Newlove tore Senior a new arrsehole most times he faced him. In fairness Senior seemed to get better with age and was a good centre for GB but both Newlove and Connolly were better centres.

  12. #87
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,122
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    https://youtu.be/LD3Tcpscmbc

    This is all i remember from Pud Carols career.

    I can't believe Paul 'Les' Davidson played for us for 2 years.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  13. #88
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,790
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    We’ll be ok. Thompson will come back next season
    Told ya
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •