Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Saints V Catalans

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Nice to see that the first time Woolfe had all the stars available, even though still a couple of probable first 13 picks missing he was quite happy to let Saints play how we play. He knows our expansive style is exciting, but I feel he's wanting to improve the defence at the same time. Previous well respected coaches at Saints worked the same way., people tend to forget this. Our fitness, as well as skill shone through, the set restart is going to have an effect on the game and we already seem to have taken this on board. Catalan with a huge team which prior to lockdown were dominating with physicality were worn down and run over by the pace of the game. In relation to Falau maybe he should try his hand at Formula 1, there seems t be few there who are prepared not to be dictated to by Sky and Loius H.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    With one word answers so we don't get into politics my question to you:

Q. Should Saints take the knee before kick off for BLM.

Yes
    No
    ADMIN---------take down this bloody thread, this is a SAINTS RL site FFS, not a political bullshit site. (one word response was never possible). first game of the season comes up with this crap.

Starting A Programme Collection

Terrific restart , Saints were awesome . Now we are back to full strength we will see how good our new coach is .

Got A Replica Shirt

Double wow! from me. How did big Jimmy go? Worth his trip back?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saintgibbo View Post
    Double wow! from me. How did big Jimmy go? Worth his trip back?
    Worked hard as you’d expect, caused problems at the line with his hands. 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Alleged killing? CV hoax?

Wow!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Can't wait to hear your thoughts about the "alleged moon landings" which as we all know actually took place in a disused Warner Bros. Film studio!

Got A Replica Shirt

JG is a wonder to behold. Come on, send him back. We need him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Can't wait to hear your thoughts about the "alleged moon landings" which as we all know actually took place in a disused Warner Bros. Film studio!
    Think you might have quoted the wrong post

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Best display of the season by some distance, roby lomax and zeb superb, whole team went well if we play like that we are the best side in sl and well beat anyone else

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    Best display of the season by some distance, roby lomax and zeb superb, whole team went well if we play like that we are the best side in sl and well beat anyone else
    Woolf made a special mention about Roby and how the long rest has given him that extra "mileage' for the rest of the season, I suppose its similar for Tai as well.

Learning All The Songs

who were the 3 blokes sat together in the fan zone ? Looked totally disinterested.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    who were the 3 blokes sat together in the fan zone ? Looked totally disinterested.
    Looked like a couple of the groups had a delay watching it. Only started celebrating when they left the cameras on them for an extended period.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Pretty funny when Leeds conceded the 4th try and the bloke in the bottom right corner stormed off leaving his mrs sat on the couch looking awkward lol.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Saintgibbo View Post
    JG is a wonder to behold. Come on, send him back. We need him.
    He had a decent steady start, certainly made them think with ball in hand, they had to account for his passing abilities, limiting their options- he’s going to be a real asset as the season progresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    He had a decent steady start, certainly made them think with ball in hand, they had to account for his passing abilities, limiting their options- he’s going to be a real asset as the season progresses.

We have some serious experience on the pitch with Graham and Roby. If we can keep those two fresh and have them on the field towards the back end of games i can see them pulling us through some tight games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    I didn't think Lomax did that much, I'm going to watch it again this afternoon so may change my mind.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I didn't think Lomax did that much, I'm going to watch it again this afternoon so may change my mind.
    He was pretty quiet. But he was involved in the Coote Try and Zeb try in the first half.

Got A Replica Shirt

Good to see JG playing well. Top player. Always admired him at Canterbury and was over the moon when he came to StG Ill. Good to see him finish where it began. I don’t think there would be one fair dinkum Oz Saints fan begrudge him that. Meanwhile I’ll look after his mansion in Cronulla

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    We have some serious experience on the pitch with Graham and Roby. If we can keep those two fresh and have them on the field towards the back end of games i can see them pulling us through some tight games.
    If we can keep those two and big Al fit, we will do well this season, despite a poor start before lockdown. Hopefully we will rotate and try to keep them fresh for the crucial games at the back end of the season. I think all 3 staying injury free will be a major factor for us.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    If we can keep those two and big Al fit, we will do well this season, despite a poor start before lockdown. Hopefully we will rotate and try to keep them fresh for the crucial games at the back end of the season. I think all 3 staying injury free will be a major factor for us.

Yeh deffo mate!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    I thought we were very good on the whole, really impressive start. I liked how we controlled the opening quarter of the first half. They’ve got some good, strong ball carriers in their team and they started the game well but I felt that if we completed enough sets early on and made them bring the ball off their own line, their forwards would struggle as the half went on and that we’d get some field position. On the back of that we scored some really nice tries and had full control of the game by half time. Coote showed what we were missing earlier in the season IMO, he’s so composed.

Thought everyone contributed well, Walmsley, Knowles, Roby, Percival, Makinson etc were all great and I really liked how Bentley played in the back row. He kept working their middle over, he’s got really good footwork and his play-the-balls were quick which brought Roby into the game. Also thought that Kyle Amor was really good, the number of carries he made, the number of support lines he ran, he got in behind the ruck so many times and was really involved all the way through. IMO the work off the ball was really good all the way through, lots of support and push around the ball.
    A few things here.

1. The completion of early sets: Stats show International standard completion rate. I think we made 1 HE in the first half. To me it was clear the instructions were to complete the sets and win the right to spread the ball. Ostensibly the first 15 we executed pretty much the same pattern as under Holbrook from inside our half. Once it was clear Saints had won the forwatd battle and Cats were msking mistakes trying to match us speed/intensity wise I think there were some subtle moves that were definitely KW ones.

2. Amor: Ive read people suggesting Amor, LMS and Peyroux are collectively moved on but all look like they still have more in the tank. As ever the specifics of tge contracts will be important in future decisions but none of these players looked shot.

3. Bentley: At last we see what he can do when put in his proper position. His work rate benefits the team for the type of reasons outlined. Hopefully this messing about with ‘utility’ positions is curbed.

4. Coote: Showed what Welsby should aspire to but in fairness everyone looked sharp with a layoff yesterday. Ww shouldnt forget the early disruption the side faced and unfair expectation on the kid. The layoff will benefit us more than anyone IMO. Notwithstanding injuries we also had lads struggling after long season last year (both finals plus a WCC game this year) plus internationals. I hope we •••• Warrington in the cup.

Last shout out - Jammer. I was concerned he was shot; a shadow of himself but not on yesterday’s evidence. Could he a masterstroke that signing!

In The South Stand

Like most on here I thought it was a great performance. Robes was the standout for me. He's obviously benefitted from the layoff and indeed, the new rule changes which encourage his style. I think the layoff has also helped Woolfe engage with the team. I reckon he's probably been made more aware of our style and traditions, maybe given Justin's old play book? Whatever, a great performance all round. Glad to see that I'm also not the only one to be bored rigid by the Sky/mainstream media love in with BLM. I'm all for equality of opportunity, for white, yellow, black, etc,etc, (in fact I believe in a meritocracy so that the best people get the jobs available and they're not filled by some PC quota system) but I disagree with the BLM movement. It is a US based militant group that is bringing cities in the US to their knees. People really need to look into them before wearing their badges and giving black power salutes. Sickening that Israel Falou was singled out for not conforming to the narrative. Keep politics out of sport! The last time we had uniformed political militia on our streets in England (political uniforms were banned in 1936) as happened in Croyden at the weekend was when the same was happening in Europe. A political group united a country with a genuine greivance of victimhood (The Versaille Treaty) and said they'd been "stabbed in the back". They singled out a group responsible (the Jews) and claimed that only one identity mattered. This group was given huge backing and support in the media and the establishment, we all know what happened next. Swap The Versailles Treaty for slavery, Jews for white and BLM for............................

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Like most on here I thought it was a great performance. Robes was the standout for me. He's obviously benefitted from the layoff and indeed, the new rule changes which encourage his style. I think the layoff has also helped Woolfe engage with the team. I reckon he's probably been made more aware of our style and traditions, maybe given Justin's old play book? Whatever, a great performance all round. Glad to see that I'm also not the only one to be bored rigid by the Sky/mainstream media love in with BLM. I'm all for equality of opportunity, for white, yellow, black, etc,etc, (in fact I believe in a meritocracy so that the best people get the jobs available and they're not filled by some PC quota system) but I disagree with the BLM movement. It is a US based militant group that is bringing cities in the US to their knees. People really need to look into them before wearing their badges and giving black power salutes. Sickening that Israel Falou was singled out for not conforming to the narrative. Keep politics out of sport! The last time we had uniformed political militia on our streets in England (political uniforms were banned in 1936) as happened in Croyden at the weekend was when the same was happening in Europe. A political group united a country with a genuine greivance of victimhood (The Versaille Treaty) and said they'd been "stabbed in the back". They singled out a group responsible (the Jews) and claimed that only one identity mattered. This group was given huge backing and support in the media and the establishment, we all know what happened next. Swap The Versailles Treaty for slavery, Jews for white and BLM for............................
    I was warned last week about posting facts and common sense.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Im going to guess that Folau was doing the same thing as NBA's Johnathan Isaac.

He was stood in prayer and believes religion is the best way to help.

Folau has been a bit naughty in the past. But I did feel he was being hounded a bit by the sky team regarding it.

Its still a free country, he is still able to make his own choices.

I back his decision to not kneel and back the decision of those who do.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Top post mate