Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Saints V Catalans

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Im going to guess that Folau was doing the same thing as NBA's Johnathan Isaac.

He was stood in prayer and believes religion is the best way to help.

Folau has been a bit naughty in the past. But I did feel he was being hounded a bit by the sky team regarding it.

Its still a free country, he is still able to make his own choices.

I back his decision to not kneel and back the decision of those who do.

He has said some ridiculous things in the past, but in this instance I admire him for not being cowed by peer and/or media pressure.

Banned

He was stood in prayer and believes religion is the best way to help.
    Yes, talking to imaginary friends always helps

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He has said some ridiculous things in the past, but in this instance I admire him for not being cowed by peer and/or media pressure.
    Spot On. SKY totally OTT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    The cynics amongst us might say the inclusion of Martin Offiah in the commentary team was not because of his media skills (as he doesn't have any).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    The cynics amongst us might say the inclusion of Martin Offiah in the commentary team was not because of his media skills (as he doesn't have any).
    might have a point, they normally save that chair for a player who's played for one of the teams in show, not this time strangely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legman View Post
    might have a point, they normally save that chair for a player who's played for one of the teams in show, not this time strangely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everytime he spoke it was either about him, he giggled or stuttered. Now I'm not being funny, but being able to speak clearly is surely a prerequisite for a TV presenter.

In The South Stand

Everytime he spoke it was either about him, he giggled or stuttered. Now I'm not being funny, but being able to speak clearly is surely a prerequisite for a TV presenter.
    Unless they are presenting rugby league then any bumbling f**ckwit will do

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Well that counts Brian Carney out as well because he fumbles every third word out his gums.

Jon Wells is decent enough though. He seems to have a decent grasp of what's required.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Case in point, Bill Arthur, the bloke cant go a set of 6 without getting a players name wrong. At least the bloke who did the Leeds Huddersfield game knew why he was talking about, even though he sounded like he had false teeth falling out.

Banned

That product on the pitch was fantastic. That product off the pitch was dire.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

For what it's worth, Talk Sport is advertising all the games being aired live on TalkSport2 this weekend. Might be worth syncing up the radio commentary with the game on the tv.

That product on the pitch was fantastic. That product off the pitch was dire.
    I even enjoyed the second game apart from the result.

Banned

Well that counts Brian Carney out as well because he fumbles every third word out his gums.

Jon Wells is decent enough though. He seems to have a decent grasp of what's required.
    Dear Jon.
    In case you’re not aware there is a letter ‘t’ in Catalans.
    Many thanks,
    The fans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Yeah the final 2 candidates for the gig were Bill Arthur and Father Jack Hackett. It was a close run thing but Bill won out by the skin of his teeth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Yeah the final 2 candidates for the gig were Bill Arthur and Father Jack Hackett. It was a close run thing but Bill won out by the skin of his teeth.
    Father Jack would be far more entertaining. Maybe that's what Bill needs, a good feed of Guinness and Red Breast before going on air.

Learning All The Songs

Myself included in this, very few St. Helens men can mention other peoples`accents, our pronunciation and diction leaves us with a lot to be desired. The commonly used "don`t know what fu`do fu`best" and ""I love that me I do" being a few that come to mind.
    Wello was a superb player but his staccato speaking does not come across well on TV, Michael Smith is another superb darts player but is the same and Chizzy I need sub titles when he talks on Sky Sports.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Myself included in this, very few St. Helens men can mention other peoples`accents, our pronunciation and diction leaves us with a lot to be desired. The commonly used "don`t know what fu`do fu`best" and ""I love that me I do" being a few that come to mind.
    Wello was a superb player but his staccato speaking does not come across well on TV, Michael Smith is another superb darts player but is the same and Chizzy I need sub titles when he talks on Sky Sports.
    When I first starting working abroad no one could understand me. That's changed with time and I can adapt my accent but I worked in Holland for some time with another St Helens lad and we could speak happily over the radio without the Dutch knowing what we were saying, usually along the lines of are we going for a fag/pint/finishing early.

Nothing cynical about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    I remember the teacher trying to get us all to say "her over there with the fair hair" which came out as "er oer there wi fur air". When I first went to Africa no one could understand me especially if I ordered two of anything, I always got three. It was only when I had to do a lot of public speaking that my accent changed through necessity. When I go home and speak with my brother, my wife who is not British can't understand a word we are saying.

Starting A Programme Collection

his attempt to explain roby would be deserving of his own statue, was so rambling and in coherent it defied belief

Starting A Programme Collection

100% per cent agree