Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints V Catalans

Learning All The Songs

Default Saints V Catalans

With one word answers so we don't get into politics my question to you:

Q. Should Saints take the knee before kick off for BLM.

Yes
    No

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    With one word answers so we don't get into politics my question to you:

Q. Should Saints take the knee before kick off for BLM.

Yes
    No
    No. That band wagon has been and gone. Where does all this end? Do we wear a thin blue line for PC Andrew Harper? Im even more uncomfortable getting into the politics of something that happened thousands of miles away in a totally different country

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Sorry but you can’t answer this question with one word.

Are you asking if we should kneel down for BLM as a concept or BLM UK the organisation? You see, it’s already gone beyond simply saying yes or no, because I could give different answers depending on what BLM actually signifies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Sorry but you can’t answer this question with one word.

Are you asking if we should kneel down for BLM as a concept or BLM UK the organisation? You see, it’s already gone beyond simply saying yes or no, because I could give different answers depending on what BLM actually signifies.
    I agree. I'm not even sure what it actually signifies anymore. I know the England cricket team have it on their shirts but the wording of it doesn't ring right to me, especially off the back of all the trouble it caused over here but I don't really want to go into the politics of it. Most likely we'll do it I'd have thought.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

No.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

No

Learning All The Songs

no

Got A Replica Shirt

When a cause becomes a trend NO

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

no
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saintgibbo View Post
    Nail on Head

Got A Season Ticket

No

Learning All The Songs

Do Black Lives Matter? Yes, of course they do. Should the players take a knee on Sunday? No. I can't see that it would add or achieve anything

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

This something the players (of both teams) need to decide for themselves, if some players want to do it then their team mates should support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    This something the players (of both teams) need to decide for themselves, if some players want to do it then their team mates should support them.
    Agreed, if players wish to do it that's perfectly fine, but everybody else shouldn't feel compelled to do it if they feel that kneeling down is connected to supporting an organisation that IMO has serious downsides. That's the main problem. Karl Henry of Wolves said that he wasn't happy with BLM UK's mission statement and said that he felt uneasy doing stuff that meant that it looked like support for them, but at the same time nobody wants to be in a situation where they can be falsely and unfairly accused of racism by not going along with the crowd.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

IMO, as a sport, RL has a pretty good record where black players are concerned. Something that we already can be proud of...But 'no' to the knee thing.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Saintgibbo View Post
    A good cause hijacked by extremists and pandered to by the media, gesture politics at it's worst, if individuals want to make a point fair enough and to be accepted, but there appears to be an element of social bullying by some insisting that everyone takes part, Formula 1 being a good example

Learning All The Songs

Personally no they shouldn’t, any connection to the Black Lives Matter group should be avoided, given the links between members of that group and antisemitic comments being made on social media, either all forms of racism need to be condemned or its pointless.

In The South Stand

As Sky are involved I suspect this decision won't lie with the club, it'll be heavily suggested that we comply.

Banned

I'm actually really glad to see there's people on here with a sensible view on things but not afraid to voice them. If there were more people like this in the world then this nonsense wouldn't have grown the legs it has. As I type this there's just been a BLM advert on SSN after the advert for the restart of the season so I'm now fairly certain how it will pan out once we take the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    As Sky are involved I suspect this decision won't lie with the club, it'll be heavily suggested that we comply.
    Spot on, they still have the logo of that organisation all over their shows, including everytime I see a Premier League table. It would have been quite easy to display their opposition to racism another way, but they've stuck with that logo when even the BBC have dropped references to it in the main. Whether Sky are implying support for the actual group or whether they think people just see the message and the cause is open for debate, but it will definitely be plastered all over their RL coverage and any attempt to deviate from that will be frowned upon. I'm all for raising awareness and sport is a great place to highlight issues, but that organisation for me should not be given free publicity given its views on certain issues.

For some people the message and the organisation are one and the same, as highlighted by the seven figure sum it raised via gofundme. This is a problem IMO because people have given money to what they think is a wonderful cause, because who wants racism to exist? But in reality they are funding a group that I reckon most of the people who have donated would actually oppose in the main if it read its mission statement. Sky, BBC, et al have been giving this group free publicity for months because they haven't differentiated between the noble cause and the actual organisation that has sought for its name to be completely intertwined with it.

In The South Stand

I think they should. I think it needs acknowledging but for this week and this week only, not every game like they did in the Premier League, as it lost meaning and becoming a bit of a trend and lacked real support when players were racially abused online.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

No

Banned

I am sick of so many things being thrown down my throat. NO

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

If they do i think im finished.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Even when BLM had decent intentions its nothing more than a bullshit movement to enslave further generations of black kids with a victim mentality fuelled by some nonsense narrative that they are oppressed. BLM does absolutely nothing for black folk. American lefty MSM and politicians pushed it to stir up a s*** storm, create more racial tensions, and keep poor black folk voting democrat.
    Glad i got that off my chest
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies