Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UEFA To Abolish FFP?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Colin View Post
    Newcastle a big club??? Dont make me laugh. People make it sound as though city are the only club spending money on players, making it seem like every other club is full of free transfers lol
    So in other words you've got jack! No one was talking about money and transfers, we were talking about fans, being a big club, City not being a big club before oil money - yet here you are, deflecting all that now because you have diddly to back any of it up or anything to disagree with what Gray asked you!
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Is that it? That's your response?

In 2010 City had won 2 league titles, 4 FA Cups, 1 European trophy
    In 2010 Newcastle had won 4 league titles, 6 FA Cups, 1 European trophy

In the decade 2000-2010 City had been no higher than 5th in the PL, never qualified for the CL, and had spent two years in the Championship. In the same decade Newcastle had finished 5th or higher three times, been in the CL twice, etc, etc.

So, pre-takeover, City were a bigger football club than Newcastle?
    Look at the attendance figures from the 91-92 season or the season after, Newcastle average attendance was less than 10,000,,,great fans? Lol 😂

Got A Season Ticket

Look at the attendance figures from the 91-92 season or the season after, Newcastle average attendance was less than 10,000,,,great fans? Lol ��
    And so what if city are spending loads of money, every club does it. Its their money they're spending, not utd, s or livdrpools or chelsea, s etc,,,,,, so what's the problem?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Look at the attendance figures from the 91-92 season or the season after, Newcastle average attendance was less than 10,000,,,great fans? Lol ��
    Do you even read other peoples posts?

I'll ask again...

Were you in the third tier of English football 21 years ago?
    Are you saying I'm wrong when I said City had a good decade between 1967 and 1976?
    Are you saying I'm wrong that City were amongst the 5 or 6 best supported clubs in the 60s and 70s?
    Are you saying I'm wrong that City fans had no real expectation of winning league titles pre-2010?
    Are you saying I'm wrong that 'We're not really here' was sung by City fans because they couldn't believe where they had got to post-2010?
    Are you saying that pre-2010 City were a bigger club than Newcastle, Tottenham and Everton?
    Are you suggesting that City would have won several league titles in the last decade without the takeover?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    So in other words you've got jack! No one was talking about money and transfers, we were talking about fans, being a big club, City not being a big club before oil money - yet here you are, deflecting all that now because you have diddly to back any of it up or anything to disagree with what Gray asked you!
    Ok, in your opinion, what makes a big club, big?

Got A Season Ticket

Do you even read other peoples posts?

I'll ask again...

Were you in the third tier of English football 21 years ago?
    Are you saying I'm wrong when I said City had a good decade between 1967 and 1976?
    Are you saying I'm wrong that City were amongst the 5 or 6 best supported clubs in the 60s and 70s?
    Are you saying I'm wrong that City fans had no real expectation of winning league titles pre-2010?
    Are you saying I'm wrong that 'We're not really here' was sung by City fans because they couldn't believe where they had got to post-2010?
    Are you saying that pre-2010 City were a bigger club than Newcastle, Tottenham and Everton?
    Are you suggesting that City would have won several league titles in the last decade without the takeover?
    And no,, i mostly don't read other people's posts

Look at the attendance figures from the 91-92 season or the season after, Newcastle average attendance was less than 10,000,,,great fans? Lol 😂
    https://www.geordietimes.com/2012/10...3-to-2012.html

Just a quick google brings this up - yes it's vs Sunderland's average attendances, but clearly makes your 91/92 season argument - or any other season for that matter - pointless. Never averaged 10k this or last century!

Got A Season Ticket

https://www.geordietimes.com/2012/10...3-to-2012.html

Just a quick google brings this up - yes it's vs Sunderland's average attendances, but clearly makes your 91/92 season argument - or any other season for that matter - pointless. Never averaged 10k this or last century!
    Again rubbish, and you know it

So my proof is rubbish and your word of mouth of a mate is gospel? I'll go back to banging my head against a wall, will get more out of the wall.

Got A Season Ticket

And what happened to all those utd fans who said they'd never go again when the glazers took over? Two faced idiots

And what happened to all those utd fans who said they'd never go again when the glazers took over? Two faced idiots
    Again, deflection tactics that have nothing to do with the arguments/points made. Go back to watching your team from your armchair #Emptyhad

Got A Season Ticket

Again, deflection tactics that have nothing to do with the arguments/points made. Go back to watching your team from your armchair #Emptyhad
    Go back to watching a non mancunian team,,, #metropolitanboroughoftrafford

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Go back to watching a non mancunian team,,, #metropolitanboroughoftrafford
    So, you're from Manchester? If so, why do you follow a Merseyside RL team?
    Or, you're not from Manchester? If so, how can you judge anyone else who isn't from Manchester following a Manc club?

Got A Season Ticket

So, you're from Manchester? If so, why do you follow a Merseyside RL team?
    Or, you're not from Manchester? If so, how can you judge anyone else who isn't from Manchester following a Manc club?
    Started supporting saints when my mrs from Eccleston took me to a game in 1995,supported ever since.

Got A Season Ticket

Started supporting saints when my mrs from Eccleston took me to a game in 1995,supported ever since.
    And yes i live in Manchester, but Manchester doesn't have a pro rugby league team, although i do i go watching a local ncl team too

Learning All The Songs

And no,, i mostly don't read other people's posts
    So basically your attitude is ‘i am pig headed and have no interest in anything other than what i think’, heres a tip, the only way you learn something is by reading/hearing/seeing things from different sources.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    So basically your attitude is ‘i am pig headed and have no interest in anything other than what i think’, heres a tip, the only way you learn something is by reading/hearing/seeing things from different sources.
    Yes i totally agree with you, but if i think I'm right, i don't back down

Learning All The Songs

Yes i totally agree with you, but if i think I'm right, i don't back down
    Even when evidence proves you wrong? Multiple people have provided evidence from multiple sources to argue against what you have said and you have doubled down on your opinion, is it really too hard to admit when you arent right?

Got A Season Ticket

Even when evidence proves you wrong? Multiple people have provided evidence from multiple sources to argue against what you have said and you have doubled down on your opinion, is it really too hard to admit when you arent right?
    But i wasn't wrong ok. Look if you think you're right, why should it matter what i think? If you think you're right, then you have no need to keep replying to my posts

Get your facts right webbo,,, CITY DIDN'T CHEAT, unlike Liverpool when they hacked into city's academy system, besides, this is a Saints rugby league forum, not football
    City are Wigan 1991-1995

besides, this is the OFF TOPIC forum.

Learning All The Songs

But i wasn't wrong ok. Look if you think you're right, why should it matter what i think? If you think you're right, then you have no need to keep replying to my posts
    Except you are on City spending more than Liverpool and United in the Premier League era, only Chelsea have spent more than City and that includes the time City spent in Division 1 and 2, and your ridiculous claim about Newcastle having less than 10000 fans turning up each week. It doesnt matter to me what you think at all, i am just proving how wrong you are, you want to double down on falsehoods and outright lies then do it, just proves the small club mentality that continues to surround City no matter how much money gets pumped in.
    Last edited by Tomsepho; 14th July 2020 at 22:30.

Got A Season Ticket

Except you are on City spending more than Liverpool and United in the Premier League era, only Chelsea have spent more than City and that includes the time City spent in Division 1 and 2, and your ridiculous claim about Newcastle having less than 10000 fans turning up each week. It doesnt matter to me what you think at all, i am just proving how wrong you are, you want to double down on falsehoods and outright lies then do it, just proves the small club mentality that continues to surround City no matter how much money gets pumped in.
    City 5th most valuable club in the world,,, luverpool 8th,,,Newcastle?? Nowhere near,,, enough said

Learning All The Songs

City 5th most valuable club in the world,,, luverpool 8th,,,Newcastle?? Nowhere near,,, enough said
    And seemingly money doesn’t change mentality. I notice you have not tried to dispute anything i have said and chose some minor money league standings, why dont you go spend another 100million on 2 fullbacks that arent a patch on Robbo and Trent, who cost us 8million between them.

Got A Season Ticket

And seemingly money doesn’t change mentality. I notice you have not tried to dispute anything i have said and chose some minor money league standings, why dont you go spend another 100million on 2 fullbacks that arent a patch on Robbo and Trent, who cost us 8million between them.
    So? What has got to do with you whst we spend and how much we spend? Every club who wants to win things have to spend money to buy the best players. Come back when you have players as good as sterling,aguero and kdb. Jealousy will get you nowhere, we are bigger and better than now, just face it. Oh, and how very mature your pathetic fans were celebrating like that during a lock down and no regard for social distancing, disgusting selfish rats. You would do exactly the same if you had the same financial clout we have, every club would

Learning All The Songs

So? What has got to do with you whst we spend and how much we spend? Every club who wants to win things have to spend money to buy the best players. Come back when you have players as good as sterling,aguero and kdb
    Mate we are currently 21 points clear of you, a record margin, have won the league with a record 7 games to go and are the current European and World Champions... i think its safe to say we probably have players as good as if not better than those 3.